Oooh --- more recommendations! By all means, everyone, feel free to add to this list!

I found a tattered copy of Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist, and boy, am I excited to give it another read (it's been years since I did)!

Do you read the physical book or Ebook reader. Holding a book in your hand is always preferable but so expensive nowadays especially after retirement. All my books now are as MOBI or EPUB on my iPad.
I go to my local secon hand dealers for my books, have two in area. Normally $3.00 a book, and they do have heaps and heaps of books. I take what I have read back too lol, to get a free book occasionally . Alot cheaper. I actually need to hold a real book.

I review and write for publishers (in the main children's books) and have a blog which is ten years old this year, and that keeps me pretty busy but I do enjoy biographies and listen to 'grown up' audio books in the car. Most recently Jennifer Grey's auto-biography 'Out of the Corner' but others enjoyed recently were Lucy Worsley's Agatha Christie: a most elusive woman and Ash Barty's My Dream Time. I have reviewed a number of adult bios on the blog.
Audio books I've loved in the past few weeks have been Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club series - LOVE all three and eagerly waiting the new one and Pip Williams' One Italian Summer (while I wait patiently for the audio of her new one The Bookbinder of Jericho)
Katherine Hepburn is also good, by herself called Me stories and my Life. No audio here for me.lol

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I go to my local secon hand dealers for my books, have two in area. Normally $3.00 a book, and they do have heaps and heaps of books. I take what I have read back too lol, to get a free book occasionally . Alot cheaper. I actually need to hold a real book.
Katherine Hepburn is also good, by herself called Me stories and my Life. No audio here for me.lol
I've shifted to ebooks a long time ago, but I do admit I miss holding an actual book in my hands and getting a whiff of that oddly specific book smell 😊 Thanks for the recommendation, @LynneM!

Reactions: kwazi
I have always loved reading and like to try different types of books for variety. I utilise the library but have also picked up the Outlander series of books at the local Op shop for a dollar each (bargain!) and anything by Nora Roberts, Bryce Courtney and Judy Nunn are well worth a look. I also love historical fiction set in the times of the royals of any coun
Have you read Conn Iggulden's War of the Roses, a good read if you like historical fiction. He also wrote a good series on the Khans. He has quite a long list of books to his credit, I've thoroughly enjoyed all the ones I have read. Still more to go.
If you have all the books in the series, you have some history. Diane Garabali passed away a few years ago

Reactions: Jarred Santos
The wandering Earth series of books by Liu Cixin All are great and The first 2 movies are brilliant

Hi all what a great post love reading and always looking for new recommendations I read of my iPhone using iBooks after moving states and having to leave my books behind 🥲now have all my favs on my phone over 2,000 books
Favourite authors
Alex Kava - Ryder Creed Series and Maggie O’Dell
JD Robb in death series
Patricia Cornwall
Nora Roberts

Reactions: PattiB
Caroline Overington is a good Aussie author. The best War/Romance book I have read is Sapphire Skies by Belinda Alexander.
Also as someone else mentioned Joy Ellis is good for crime and easy to read. I have read all of hers.

Having lived a childhood with a Mauchhaussen mum, I found 'Mum, Mauchhausen and me' by Helen Naylor intriguing. It explains the condition so well for anyone who wants to find out about it, or has experienced it in real life.

Hi all what a great post love reading and always looking for new recommendations I read of my iPhone using iBooks after moving states and having to leave my books behind 🥲now have all my favs on my phone over 2,000 books
Favourite authors
Alex Kava - Ryder Creed Series and Maggie O’Dell
JD Robb in death series
Patricia Cornwall
Nora Roberts
Another way is to use your local library to download ebooks. I love it ❤️. Its free too. And it never incurs an overdue fine as they return automatically but you can renew them if you havent finished. You can return them early too. Wonderful!

@Forbes @jonathan got me a Kindle for Christmas because I kept lugging big books everywhere I went! I was sceptical at first, but now I love it and take it everywhere with me as it fits in my little handbag and is so light! I now read so much more because I always have it with me, whether I'm waiting at a cafe, or on a short train trip :)
Me too. I have owned one since I purchased it in 2000 in the USA. Have upgraded twice and have finally got my granddaughter to think of getting one. She said that most books are expensive and very heavy. My favorite reads are Lesley Pearse and Jeffrey Archer. Have a look at joining Amazon Kindle Prime and there are so many books at reasonable prices. The more popular are still cheaper at Amazon Kindle

Anything by Peter Watt, starting with 'The Cry of the Curlew' Peter is a history writer& an all-good Australian guy. Who loves this country! The Cry is the first book in the Colonial series which is followed by all of our involvements in the Islands war up to date. There are also several stand-alone books all of which are worth delving into. As for myself, I have read everything he has written several times over.