Freedom. The End of the Human Condition by Australian biologist Jeremy Griffiths. A scientific biological explanation of how our human instincts and intellect are in conflict, resulting in our messy and difficult life experience. And crucially what we can individually do about it to bring lasting relief. Pure biological explanation. Not a religion. All resources are downloadable and free at worldtransformationmovement.com

Reactions: Athena E.
Hi all what a great post love reading and always looking for new recommendations I read of my iPhone using iBooks after moving states and having to leave my books behind 🥲now have all my favs on my phone over 2,000 books
Favourite authors
Alex Kava - Ryder Creed Series and Maggie O’Dell
JD Robb in death series
Patricia Cornwall
Nora Roberts
I like those authors too. Also enjoy any mystery writers, especially those whose books leave you guessing up until the end.

Reactions: Juliebarnes53
Anything by Peter Watt, starting with 'The Cry of the Curlew' Peter is a history writer& an all-good Australian guy. Who loves this country! The Cry is the first book in the Colonial series which is followed by all of our involvements in the Islands war up to date. There are also several stand-alone books all of which are worth delving into. As for myself, I have read everything he has written several times over.
I have the privilege of knowing Peter and working with him before he became an author. He is a great writer and prior to that had many different jobs in different places, so has the experience that good writer's need.

@Forbes I am now open to any genre! After reading The Silent Patient which is a book I would never normally read (psychological thriller) I realised I need to broaden my horizons and enjoy some different genres! Do you have any recommendations?
Some young adults books are really enjoyable reads too...The Keepers trilogy and the Send Simon books are examples
@Forbes I am now open to any genre! After reading The Silent Patient which is a book I would never normally read (psychological thriller) I realised I need to broaden my horizons and enjoy some different genres! Do you have any recommendations?

@Forbes I am now open to any genre! After reading The Silent Patient which is a book I would never normally read (psychological thriller) I realised I need toaah broaden my horizons and enjoy some different genres! Do you have any recommendations?
I have not read him yet but Anh Do has a kids trilogy l might get around to... (The Mythix series) co-written with Ken Wahl

Hi Maddie
All of these I have read a number of times and have always enjoyed them;

A Google search will give you an idea of the storyline's.

1/ Old Mans War - John Scalzi
2/ The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein
3/ Hollow Kingdom - Kira Jane Buxton
4/ Doggerland - Ben Smith
5/ A Boy and his Dog at the End of the World - C. A. Fletcher
OMG The Art of Racing in the rain is my favourite book

I love Joy Dettman's Woody Creek series. It is set in a small country town in Victoria. The first one is Pearl in a Cage. The characters are fascinating and the story evolves over 80 years. Her other books are great too, especially Henry's Daughter and its sequel, The Hope Flower.

Dated now but I have enjoyed re-reading books from by Dick Francis and can especially recommend "To The Hilt" good mystery yarns with a twist or three.
I binge read every Lee Child book (Reacher Series) during the pandemic and enjoyed those... plenty of violence! haha
I LOVE Dick Francis books! And now his son Alex who writes in a similar style.

Hi there Robert Galbraith has a good series (J K Rawlings) ..I listen to audiobooks to and from work…it’s just like letting someone do the work of listening and you just drive….
Just listed to the Icabob..JK Rawlings…different…

I absolutely love Outlander & have read the books and watched the tv series. I thoroughly enjoyed the books & read a few of them while travelling back & forth between Launceston and Perth. They made the plane trips seem so much quicker (Im not overly happy confined in a plane). I get a tiny bit cross when the tv series change things too much from what actually happened but that’s how it goes. The series was fairly true to the books in the earlier stages but has deviated in recent times.
I have read a lot of books, mainly historical fiction, set in WW2. One that my friends & I enjoyed was Dancing with the Enemy.
I too have moved to an Ereader, my son & husband bought my a 10.3 inch kobo for my birthday, but I still have a lot of physical books to read also.

Since I'm a member, you might like to know I've published two books on Amazon. ' Sufficient Unto The Day ', and ' A Test Of Courage '. Samples are available, and my author name is Shirley Harris.
For those curious, here's a quick link to Sufficient Unto The Day! We're proud of you, Shirley!