@grannyjenn did you read the Outlander series then watch it? Would love to hear your opinion on the book vs. the television series!
Was given the first three series as a gift but haven't watched them as yet, want to buy the lot before I start watching.
In the past I have usually found the movie or show disappointing after having read the book first.

I review and write for publishers (in the main children's books) and have a blog which is ten years old this year, and that keeps me pretty busy but I do enjoy biographies and listen to 'grown up' audio books in the car. Most recently Jennifer Grey's auto-biography 'Out of the Corner' but others enjoyed recently were Lucy Worsley's Agatha Christie: a most elusive woman and Ash Barty's My Dream Time. I have reviewed a number of adult bios on the blog.
Audio books I've loved in the past few weeks have been Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club series - LOVE all three and eagerly waiting the new one and Pip Williams' One Italian Summer (while I wait patiently for the audio of her new one The Bookbinder of Jericho)

Carmen's Legacy by John Maher. John is Carmen's father. He wrote this book to demonstrate the affects of losing his teen daughter in a car accident due to fatigue. He wanted to spread the word to always be weary while driving.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Was given the first three series as a gift but haven't watched them as yet, want to buy the lot before I start watching.
In the past I have usually found the movie or show disappointing after having read the book first.
I read the original single book 'Through the Stones' years ago. The author now seems to have re-written this as a new series. Can't find the original anywhere.

Yes, I've read all the books and am watching the series on Foxtel. I thought the series prior to the American episodes were extremely faithful to the books and I loved them. I've struggled a bit with the American books - so many characters and story lines to keep straight and am finding the TV series of these times a bit slow. However, I still recommend them as a very good read.

I like most of Di Morrissey’s books and also Tony Patterson .
Tony’s books are country stories from the land , very good .
I don’t like fantasy stories , doesn’t make sense to me.
I always take a few books with me when we are traveling and also go to the op shops and buy a few if they sound good to me . Some op shops you can fill a bag for $2.- Other op-shops you pay $ 5.- for one book . I find the little country tows the best and you help the local community as well.

Anything & Everything by Australian author Peter Watt. He has written many books about the first Colonial days starting with The Cry of the Curlew & following the lives of the good & the bad of the era. There are 16 books in the Colonial series plus the Papua series 3 books, then a series about the Australian involvement in the Victorian wars series. He has also written several non-related books all with his unique style. In fact, his own life story is just the thing stories are made of. Although some of the content of The Cry of the Curlew may make you think of our treatment of our first nations people it is still worth the read.

Dated now but I have enjoyed re-reading books from by Dick Francis and can especially recommend "To The Hilt" good mystery yarns with a twist or three.
I binge read every Lee Child book (Reacher Series) during the pandemic and enjoyed those... plenty of violence! haha

Any book written by Tony Park. He writes historical novels on Africa and the wildlife. I also saw someone recommended Tony Watt. I can only endorse his books. An Aussie who seems to have done everything and lives in McLean on NSW coast.

Yes, I've read all the books and am watching the series on Foxtel. I thought the series prior to the American episodes were extremely faithful to the books and I loved them. I've struggled a bit with the American books - so many characters and story lines to keep straight and am finding the TV series of these times a bit slow. However, I still recommend them as a very good read.
I am addicted to Outlander. I've read all her books right to the last one now waiting for season 7 series. It's a great read, historically fascinating

Hi Maddie and SDC members. Here are a few recent books ive read. This one is a big book but so beautifully written
*The Love Songs Of W.e.b. Du Bois.( Set in Alabama America about several generations of slaves and American Indians.
Some more are by Australian writers
*The Crows Nest *by Nikki Mottram
Set in our Queensland town of Toowoomba. which was good & very interesting
And another by
Australian author
* A Country of Eternal Light* by Paul Dalgarno

Happy Reading 🙂

• Love