For those curious, here's a quick link to Sufficient Unto The Day! We're proud of you, Shirley!
Thank you. After all the work associated with writing and publishing two books, so far I've earned 97 cents! I'm not concerned about the money, I just want people to read the book.

I have not read the Outlander series. I did start watching the series on TV but it did nothing for me. No accounting for taste! I do belong to a book club and we have read some amazing books. The most recent being Three Things about Elsie by Joanna Cannon. Beautifully written and very relevant to our age group. I too love holding a book but also use ebooks when travelling.

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I have not read the Outlander series. I did start watching the series on TV but it did nothing for me. No accounting for taste! I do belong to a book club and we have read some amazing books. The most recent being Three Things about Elsie by Joanna Cannon. Beautifully written and very relevant to our age group. I too love holding a book but also use ebooks when travelling.
I came across the description for the book on a website, and I must admit I'm quite curious! What a recommendation, @Charmain. Thank you!

'There are three things you should know about Elsie.
The first thing is that she’s my best friend.
The second is that she always knows what to say to make me feel better.
And the third thing… might take a little bit more explaining.

84-year-old Florence has fallen in her flat at Cherry Tree Home for the Elderly. As she waits to be rescued, Florence wonders if a terrible secret from her past is about to come to light; and, if the charming new resident is who he claims to be, why does he look exactly like a man who died sixty years ago?'

Reactions: Ricci
If you have a kindle I’d suggest Joy Ellis - The Detective Kim Stone Series. I read at least 4 books per week at present (recuperating from surgery). Usually I read about 2 books per week.
Other authors are Angela Marsons, Patricia Cornwell - the Kay Scarpetta Series, or Gary Ponzo - The Nick Bracco Series. Good reading!!
Love Patricia Cornwell's work. I've read all the Kay Scarpetta series and plan on reading them again. I've got them all in hard copies, I spend too much time online and love the smell and feel of an actual book 😎

Reactions: Emelle and Ricci
I have just finished reading K.A. Tracy's DEADLINE
Her characters are very different to other authors mainstream heterosexual characters but I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK

Love Patricia Cornwell's work. I've read all the Kay Scarpetta series and plan on reading them again. I've got them all in hard copies, I spend too much time online and love the smell and feel of an actual book 😎
I like the Kay Scarpetta series too. They make for good reading.

I like the Kay Scarpetta series too. They make for good reading.
I also like Nora Roberts and J D Robb books. I have many of them at home which I have bought over the years and I have read just about everything she has written by borrowing the rest from the library. She is one of those writers who make you feel you can't put the book down until you find out what happens next.

Reactions: PattiB
To anyone wanting to read about Australia's history should read Peter Watt starting with The Cry of the Curlew and then following the story in the follow-up books I have just reread the series only the 4th time for me. It never fails to stir the ire in me for the treatment of the original inhabitants of this country. I have now started on the series about Queen Victoria's Colonial who fought in multiple wars for the British Empire. It's not only about history but a rollicking good yarn as well.

To anyone wanting to read about Australia's history should read Peter Watt starting with The Cry of the Curlew and then following the story in the follow-up books I have just reread the series only the 4th time for me. It never fails to stir the ire in me for the treatment of the original inhabitants of this country. I have now started on the series about Queen Victoria's Colonial who fought in multiple wars for the British Empire. It's not only about history but a rollicking good yarn as well.
These titles all sound very interesting & I will definitely be looking for the first one you mentioned. I also am appalled at the treatment of our original inhabitants as well as the convicts. I read a lot of historical fiction but Ive always had an interest in history, especially Australia’s

I enjoyed The Queens Colonial series
I knew not about the Chinese in FNQ and it took a coupla tries to get into that one...ah well.
Suggestions...Lee Christine, Darry Fraser, Kristi Murray and Maggie Magro

PattiB so glad you have chosen to read Peter Watt. I feel you won't be disappointed. I still like to hold a book when I read but after having to get rid of so many books when I moved last year I think I may ask for an e-reader for Christmas.

PattiB so glad you have chosen to read Peter Watt. I feel you won't be disappointed. I still like to hold a book when I read but after having to get rid of so many books when I moved last year I think I may ask for an e-reader for Christmas.
I to had so many books, (&still do) which is why I asked for an Ereader. I pass books on to an elderly friend who shares them with her neighbours & family but then brings them back to me. My husband & son bought me an Ereader for my birthday last year & I absolutely love it. My son took over ordering it & got the biggest screen available. I go with my husband to his many medical appointments & usually find myself in a covered car park where it’s Too dark to read a book so it’s been very useful. Plus Peter Watts ebooks were $9.99 instead of $19.99 from Booktopia.

For all who are interested in early Australia, please read some of Ion Idriess books about his life and adventures in early Australia. Factual and informative.. ie how many of you know that the northern Queensland aborigines were cannibals, and they preferred eating the Chinese miners to the Europeans? Why? their meat was sweeter as they ate rice and not beef.....

• Wow
Reactions: PattiB