SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
URGENT: Seniors Discount - Coupon65 Scam

Hi members,

I was heart broken today to receive an email from one of our members who had been scammed by a company called Coupon65 who was claiming to have Seniors Discounts. This is their website - https://www.coupon65.com/.

Please AVOID this company at all costs. This member bought a watch from them which was advertised as $49, he was then debited $150 and the watch barely works.

They are a US based company clearly targeting Australians over the age of 60 and I have reported them to the ACCC.

We are currently trying to get in touch with them to help this member get a refund, but I am not sure how successful we will be as they seem very dodgy.

Avoid them at all costs, members!

*UPDATE*

Members,

It makes me physically sick to have to be posting here yet again about these awful scammers who are somehow still operating. I had a member call me this afternoon (28.07.2023) telling me that hundreds of dollars have been charged to their credit card from a company they thought was us, the Seniors Discount Club.

She explained she was getting emails from "us" where "we" were promoting a bunch of different deals including knee braces, night vision glasses etc. I asked her to open the email and confirm with me that this was coming from the 'Seniors Discount Club', NOT 'Seniors Discounts - Coupon65', and unfortunately, she was shocked when she learnt it was Coupon65, not us. It is VERY easy to confuse us with these scammers, seeing our names are incredibly similar. But please know we have NO association with these scammers.

This poor woman has been charged hundreds of dollars and has since contacted her bank to get the scam investigated. I am posting here today because I want everyone to know that they CANNOT TRUST 'SENIORS DISCOUNTS - COUPON65'. They are scammers, they are located in the US, and will take your money. Please know, we would NEVER email you on anything other than our email address [email protected] and every email we send to you always has our Seniors Discount Club branding on it.

If you have the time today, I know it would mean a lot to this member, and every other member who have been scammed by these people to submit an ACCC Scam Report here. I know many of you already have, but the more of us who submit a report explaining Coupon65 is a SCAM, the more likely the ACCC will take action.

In the meantime, we are going to pop a reminder in a few of our newsletters that these guys are SCAMMERS and to avoid them at all costs!

Thank you so much for all of your support - and to any members who have been scammed by these awful people I am incredibly sorry. Here's hoping the ACCC shut them down soon!

scam (1).jpg
Please avoid this website!

Last edited:

Hi members,

I was heart broken today to receive an email from one of our members who had been scammed by a company called Coupon65 who was claiming to have Seniors Discounts. This is their website - https://www.coupon65.com/.

Please AVOID this company at all costs. This member bought a watch from them which was advertised as $49, he was then debited $150 and the watch barely works.

They are a US based company clearly targeting Australians over the age of 60 and I have reported them to the ACCC.

We are currently trying to get in touch with them to help this member get a refund, but I am not sure how successful we will be as they seem very dodgy.

I was just checking that out before. I thought it was too good a deal. Thankyou for letting us know

Hi members,

THANKYOU!!

Hi members,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for alerting us as I have had emails from them also. It's great how you are helping a fellow member and I do hope you are able to get it sorted. It may well be advisable for them to block their credit card also to stop the company using it again. The internet is a wonderful thing but sadly, scammers and hackers ruin it.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for alerting us as I have had emails from them also. It's great how you are helping a fellow member and I do hope you are able to get it sorted. It may well be advisable for them to block their credit card also to stop the company using it again. The internet is a wonderful thing but sadly, scammers and hackers ruin it.
Hi Judy, this is really great advice, I didn't even think of this! I'll suggest this to the member right now!

Hi members,

Hi members,

I joined Coupon 65 to enjoy the discounts. Their messages pop into my email every day. I have never bought anything from them as even with the so called 50% discount anything that caught my eye seemed overpriced. How lucky am I. Thanks for warning.

yes i'm 1 of the victims thankyou for letting me know they are a ack of no gooders trying to get money from the seniors shame on them i will delete also arseholes sorry for the language marg:mad:
@margie I am so sorry to hear, I wish we found out about this scam earlier. I will get in touch with you if we have any luck getting this other member a refund. I will also let you know when the ACCC gets back to me, in case there is anyway we can get your money back too