The old adage "That if it sounds too good to be true, it isn't" is a great rule to be guided by. Lot's of dodgy American based companies advertise on Facebook and most are suspicious, despite glowing comments (written by themselves mostly) I have left adverse comments on some and these NEVER appear. :(

After being bombarded with this aggressive green & yellow advert over several months last year, I nearly signed. But Australia does not use Food Coupons or Supermarket Vouchers. Many foods mentioned are not Australian
$65 is a lot of money to get a bargain! USA was the advert contact, and website was a .com not .com.au
I didn't sign.
ALWAYS go to SCAMWATCH website on all these offers. Type in the business or offer, and read why NOT to sign up. Tell your friends, put it in the church newsletter.
These days, you must check every advert and promo that wants your money.

I am also a victim .How do they sleep at night
@Nanna@Goulburn I am so sorry, honestly the amount of members who have emailed in saying the exact same thing has made me feel physically sick today. I will update everyone as soon as I hear back from the ACCC.

In the meantime, I have managed to get in touch with someone called 'Martin' from Coupon65 who is claiming the product in question is not sold by them and is therefore non-refundable... Even though it's on their website?! Shocking.

• Angry
Reactions: Ricci
Also members, if you could please share this information with any friends or family members we can spread the word quicker. I am getting in touch with some other Over 60 Australian websites like YourLifeChoices and Starts at 60 to see if they can alert their members too. The less people falling victim to this scam, the better!

I almost got caught in a scam last year...your recourse is to in future, pay by PayPal which have a guarantee tho for post order, to contact your bank immediately to recover the transaction. You are unable to block the use of a card but you can cancel that card used and apply for a new one thus giving you a new security number on the back....
Glad that SDC has reported the scam/fraud...thanx for the heads up on these scoundrels...👍

After being bombarded with this aggressive green & yellow advert over several months last year, I nearly signed. But Australia does not use Food Coupons or Supermarket Vouchers. Many foods mentioned are not Australian
$65 is a lot of money to get a bargain! USA was the advert contact, and website was a .com not .com.au
I didn't sign.
ALWAYS go to SCAMWATCH website on all these offers. Type in the business or offer, and read why NOT to sign up. Tell your friends, put it in the church newsletter.
These days, you must check every advert and promo that wants your money.
@BabsL this is a fantastic point! I'm going to contact SCAMWATCH right now, hopefully they can help get the word out!

URGENT: Seniors Discount - Coupon65 Scam

Hi members,

I was heart broken today to receive an email from one of our members who had been scammed by a company called Coupon65 who was claiming to have Seniors Discounts. This is their website - https://www.coupon65.com/.

Please AVOID this company at all costs. This member bought a watch from them which was advertised as $49, he was then debited $150 and the watch barely works.

They are a US based company clearly targeting Australians over the age of 60 and I have reported them to the ACCC.

We are currently trying to get in touch with them to help this member get a refund, but I am not sure how successful we will be as they seem very dodgy.

Avoid them at all costs, members!
To me, if anything looks to good to be true, I avoid it. Also something like what you have reported I would automatically send to my spam folder to be blocked for future emails received by them.

It is so very easy to spot this as a scam, a few emails back and forth probing for proof of what were the actual discounts was my proof. This crowd has been operation for years.
If you paid by bank card --- get a refund through the BC issuer
Very simple to do.

Hi members,

I was heart broken today to receive an email from one of our members who had been scammed by a company called Coupon65 who was claiming to have Seniors Discounts. This is their website - https://www.coupon65.com/.

Please AVOID this company at all costs. This member bought a watch from them which was advertised as $49, he was then debited $150 and the watch barely works.

They are a US based company clearly targeting Australians over the age of 60 and I have reported them to the ACCC.

We are currently trying to get in touch with them to help this member get a refund, but I am not sure how successful we will be as they seem very dodgy.

I'v I've fell for it, believing it be genuine and is a branch of this site. Ordered Japanese knife sets. It took a long time to come. Charged foreign currency conversion. No proper invoice given despite me asking for it. When I enquired about the delivery of 2nd item I received swift response on line. The item was delivered within a few days. The actual knives look rough and not the fine beautifully crafted Japanese product as i expected to see. Genuine Japanese cratmanship is superior. I'm not sure what i should do, return atmore cost ?Yes, beware folks. I'm done with this company. The address given email seems to be in Lithuania?? Thanks admin team in the warning us and the member who reported it.

I'v I've fell for it, believing it be genuine and is a branch of this site. Ordered Japanese knife sets. It took a long time to come. Charged foreign currency conversion. No proper invoice given despite me asking for it. When I enquired about the delivery of 2nd item I received swift response on line. The item was delivered within a few days. The actual knives look rough and not the fine beautifully crafted Japanese product as i expected to see. Genuine Japanese cratmanship is superior. I'm not sure what i should do, return atmore cost ?Yes, beware folks. I'm done with this company. The address given email seems to be in Lithuania?? Thanks admin team in the warning us and the member who reported it.
Hi @Montana thank you for letting us know! We haven't heard back from Coupon65 since yesterday. We are still waiting to hear from the ACCC and Scamwatch! If we hear anything back from them we will also raise your issue!

I'm so sorry they scammed you, just an awful company!

I was going to order the watch 6 months ago. They advertise payment by PayPal but there’s no way to select it. I sent them a message asking about it and they sounded surprised and deflected saying I could just use my credit card! So no deal with them if I couldn’t use Paypal. So I deleted their emails/messages and contacts.

I've just thought of an appropriate punishment as well as jail time, when they are caught. Bring back stocks. Put them in asin thoroughfare and let the public throw rotten.food at them for a week part of the problem with these scammers is the punishment. When they do get caught. Doesn't fit the crime perhaps another reader can think of something even better

Reactions: Kaylee and Ricci

Hi members,

Thanks for the heads up bloody scum 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I don’t buy anything on line unless I have initiated the purchase first by checking out their websites - not from emails received from any unknown source. However, I will pass on this information to my three children and my siblings.

I was also scammed by coupon 65 last year I purchased a gadget from them for cleaning my drive way it was half price for seniors it cost $50 I didn’t get all the parts and it was much smaller then I realised I contacted the company several times to no avail Aldi has the same product this week for $14.99 I also liked at other companies and they were same as Aldi

• Angry

Hi members,

Yes l feel for it too and lost $60 for something that didn’t work. Tried so many times to contact them to no avail

• Angry