URGENT: Seniors Discount - Coupon65 Scam

Hi members,

I was heart broken today to receive an email from one of our members who had been scammed by a company called Coupon65 who was claiming to have Seniors Discounts. This is their website - https://www.coupon65.com/.

Please AVOID this company at all costs. This member bought a watch from them which was advertised as $49, he was then debited $150 and the watch barely works.

They are a US based company clearly targeting Australians over the age of 60 and I have reported them to the ACCC.

We are currently trying to get in touch with them to help this member get a refund, but I am not sure how successful we will be as they seem very dodgy.

Avoid them at all costs, members!

*UPDATE*

Members,

It makes me physically sick to have to be posting here yet again about these awful scammers who are somehow still operating. I had a member call me this afternoon (28.07.2023) telling me that hundreds of dollars have been charged to their credit card from a company they thought was us, the Seniors Discount Club.

She explained she was getting emails from "us" where "we" were promoting a bunch of different deals including knee braces, night vision glasses etc. I asked her to open the email and confirm with me that this was coming from the 'Seniors Discount Club', NOT 'Seniors Discounts - Coupon65', and unfortunately, she was shocked when she learnt it was Coupon65, not us. It is VERY easy to confuse us with these scammers, seeing our names are incredibly similar. But please know we have NO association with these scammers.

This poor woman has been charged hundreds of dollars and has since contacted her bank to get the scam investigated. I am posting here today because I want everyone to know that they CANNOT TRUST 'SENIORS DISCOUNTS - COUPON65'. They are scammers, they are located in the US, and will take your money. Please know, we would NEVER email you on anything other than our email address [email protected] and every email we send to you always has our Seniors Discount Club branding on it.

If you have the time today, I know it would mean a lot to this member, and every other member who have been scammed by these people to submit an ACCC Scam Report here. I know many of you already have, but the more of us who submit a report explaining Coupon65 is a SCAM, the more likely the ACCC will take action.

In the meantime, we are going to pop a reminder in a few of our newsletters that these guys are SCAMMERS and to avoid them at all costs!

Thank you so much for all of your support - and to any members who have been scammed by these awful people I am incredibly sorry. Here's hoping the ACCC shut them down soon!

View attachment 26202
Please avoid this website!

I’m so sorry to hear this, these scammers just seem to be everywhere you just don’t know who to trust anymore, one thing for sure is you can trust a place you walk into and purchase something (most of the time) like jbHighfi, Harvey Norman, KMart places like that. They are the only ones I trust unfortunately

URGENT: Seniors Discount - Coupon65 Scam

Hi members,

I was heart broken today to receive an email from one of our members who had been scammed by a company called Coupon65 who was claiming to have Seniors Discounts. This is their website - https://www.coupon65.com/.

Please AVOID this company at all costs. This member bought a watch from them which was advertised as $49, he was then debited $150 and the watch barely works.

They are a US based company clearly targeting Australians over the age of 60 and I have reported them to the ACCC.

We are currently trying to get in touch with them to help this member get a refund, but I am not sure how successful we will be as they seem very dodgy.

Avoid them at all costs, members!

*UPDATE*

Members,

It makes me physically sick to have to be posting here yet again about these awful scammers who are somehow still operating. I had a member call me this afternoon (28.07.2023) telling me that hundreds of dollars have been charged to their credit card from a company they thought was us, the Seniors Discount Club.

She explained she was getting emails from "us" where "we" were promoting a bunch of different deals including knee braces, night vision glasses etc. I asked her to open the email and confirm with me that this was coming from the 'Seniors Discount Club', NOT 'Seniors Discounts - Coupon65', and unfortunately, she was shocked when she learnt it was Coupon65, not us. It is VERY easy to confuse us with these scammers, seeing our names are incredibly similar. But please know we have NO association with these scammers.

This poor woman has been charged hundreds of dollars and has since contacted her bank to get the scam investigated. I am posting here today because I want everyone to know that they CANNOT TRUST 'SENIORS DISCOUNTS - COUPON65'. They are scammers, they are located in the US, and will take your money. Please know, we would NEVER email you on anything other than our email address [email protected] and every email we send to you always has our Seniors Discount Club branding on it.

If you have the time today, I know it would mean a lot to this member, and every other member who have been scammed by these people to submit an ACCC Scam Report here. I know many of you already have, but the more of us who submit a report explaining Coupon65 is a SCAM, the more likely the ACCC will take action.

In the meantime, we are going to pop a reminder in a few of our newsletters that these guys are SCAMMERS and to avoid them at all costs!

Thank you so much for all of your support - and to any members who have been scammed by these awful people I am incredibly sorry. Here's hoping the ACCC shut them down soon!

View attachment 26202
Please avoid this website!

Duh ... Seniors Discount Club/Coupon65 -- notice a teeensy-weensy difference? If you were in the market for a new Holden car, would you drop in to a Ford dealership?

yes i'm 1 of the victims thankyou for letting me know they are a ack of no gooders trying to get money from the seniors shame on them i will delete also arseholes sorry for the language marg:mad:
At least, you can spell "arsehole" rght! These days, thanks to the overpowering influence of the septics, it's been turned into the orifice of an ass.

Last edited:
Unsubscribing is one thing, consider blocking them as well.
I constantly get emails from McAfee (an anti virus program for those that don't know).
Somehow they have received my email address. I have never used them but they still keep coming from different email addresses. Check the senders email address when receiving emails as well.

Reactions: Macarj
Unless we have initiated an inquiry with anyone we do not click on so-called offers or ads. If we need something we take the first step and make the initial inquiry. So all I can say is - please don’t click on anything you see as the scammers are getting more clever by the minute, not just by the day.

Reactions: Macarj
Unsubscribing is one thing, consider blocking them as well.
I constantly get emails from McAfee (an anti virus program for those that don't know).
Somehow they have received my email address. I have never used them but they still keep coming from different email addresses. Check the senders email address when receiving emails as well.
I'm getting the Mcafee ones every day I never had them as a security company but they keep saying update so I just delete. Actually that is the first thing I do in a morning go through my emails and delete the ones I don't want that way I won't accidentally open one later in the day

Reactions: maggiej
I have not had these emails as far as I know but I keep getting emails for Embroidery designs at such a great price. As I do machine embroidery I could get caught with this but I have so many designs and create my own that I just delete. I do hope people are not getting caught with these emails too. Unfortunately, these types of adverts are just too good to resist BUT resist we must.

As with Macari above I too have emails from Macafee and also Nortons saying my subscription is due to expire. I don't use either of these companies. In fact, I had eight emails one morning from Nortons all with different senders. We just have to be more vigilant

What is the source of these email scams? Who? We don't really know; but the source of these scams is our email (and telephone numbers) that have been "obtained/stolen" as part of the infiltration of company/government and even individuals' by the "dark web"

I receive offers from McAfee every day, knowing too well that it is not them. I use a different product that I have used for well over 30 years.

The "Dark Web" is a sinister term for the internet itself as it shares the same data lines that we do, though the data packets are kept apart by their very nature, just like your messages and mine travel on the same copper/fibre lines, each is unique and does not interact with each other (YET - who knows about the future).

PS - please don't ask me for advice. I am retired and the information network operates at an ever increasing rate than when I knew quite a bit, when working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Observer
There are scammers everywhere I got caught by an email perporting to be from JB-HI-FI with an offer of a free watch and some cheap ear pods so I ordered this for 48 dollars and a few days later and additional 113 dollars was billed to my account so I got onto my bank. We just have to be so careful oh for the days when all that was needed for a contract was a handshake?

I get the emails from them severai times a day. Have not responded to them but now know they are scammers . THANK YOU FOR WARNING US.
Have decided to only buy from within Australia from now on.

Reactions: Big G
You tell people to unsubscribe from various sites ... isn't that act a teensy-weensy bit dangerous, leading sometimes to a scam site where, unsuspecting, you can be fooled into disclosing your information?
Instead, and in place of, why not have a permanent section on your site prominently displayed on a corner of the page showing safe methods of evading the bastards when their scam sites pop up with easy-to follow instructions on how to do it?
Perhaps a suitable head might be "MEMBERS -- HOW TO AVOID SCAMS"?
Also, see the "You may like" crap articles below (in fact, just about every ad on the pages) which come up every time ... are they REALLY necessary? They may not be scams, but they're annoying as buggery.

Reactions: Big G