Good morning, I've been part of the SDC since last year & still have not formally introduced myself. I live in Mackay Qld have done since 1985 (so classed as a local). Had 3 kids ( eldest passed 5 years ago) have 6 grandkids
Not retired as when you sell a Party plan
( the plastic container type) there is no age limit. I have been doing this for over 35years (28 as a mgr), which has taken us on numerous overseas trips. Now since covid all ordering is online, so I have missed the personal interaction with my customers. However I am also a super busy grandma raising grandchildren full time. Certainly keeps my partner and I on our toes. He still works 6 day a week ( so turns out he is the FUN person, as he's not always here) Love them all though. I do enjoy reading the emails however might not get to it straight away. School holidays has been easier though. Have a super everyone.

Hi guys! Welcome to the forum. Please keep the following rules in mind when posting.

- Don't reveal any sensitive information. There's no need to use your full name on here. Don't post your phone number, address, or any other personal details. We'll never ask you for things like bank account or credit card information so please keep them to yourself and use common sense. Send us a message if you see anything suspicious and we will investigate.

- Be polite and civil. We're all human beings and deserve a minimum level of courtesy and respect. Disagreements are absolutely fine, but keep things constructive. Remember the golden rule - treat others how you want to be treated.

- Don't be racist. This forum is a Politically Correct free zone, but that's no excuse for being nasty or bigoted. Australians come in all shapes, colours, and sizes - if you disagree with that, this forum isn't for you.

- Keep politics in the appropriate place. There's a politics forum for a reason guys!

- No advertising / self promotion. Don't post any business / commercial messages without checking with us first.

- Have fun and enjoy yourself. It's our hope that this community will be a safe, supportive, and friendly place. We're always open to suggestions and tips, so drop us a line if you have any ideas.
Sounds great

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
How do I send in a funny story-follow up. (bugs in veggies) . New to using social media like this so unsure of what to do

G'day. I'm frizzled because I live in sunny (Heat Wave time) Perth -part of the Hermit Kingdom where our Premier Mark MacGowan keeps us safe (mostly) & away from any lots of infections.
A follow up to the scorpion story. Many years ago I used to grow veggies in our backyard. Successfully grew a lot of broccoli & cut several heads off to prepare for the evening meal. I knew that they harboured little white grubs so washed them thoroughly - so I thought. As they were simmering on the stove, a few more came to the surface which I quickly skimmed off & into the sink. One son (of 4) was watching all this very carefully. We had our nephew staying with us that week & our sons would tease him when ever an occasion arose. He has only a sister, so was unused to this but handled most things quite well, even if mystified by their sense of humour (???) Came the time to sit down & eat after I had served up the meal- with the broccoli. Much to my surprise , nephew suddenly yelled " Eeergh! there's some little grubs in here!!" while cutting his broccoli (Yes, there were- despite the care.) Immediately. our 4 sons jumped to their feet & yelled out, "We want some too!!" The one supervising my efforts had obviously warned his brothers of this possibility, so were ready to pounce if nephew reacted. Mealtime eventually quieted down, with the 4 sons being some more for their efforts by their "mean mother".!

Hi I’m janece
I get called Janice all the time 😏
I’m 65yo and just lost my job and was unemployed for 3 years. Working 15 hours a week now with a disability . I have financial problems and pain and sometimes find it hard to keep positive. I do exercises and hydra therapy pool . I love a game of bingo. My husband of 4 years and I are going for a drive and a walk on the beach tomorrow 👍

• Love
Hi guys! Welcome to the forum. Please keep the following rules in mind when posting.

- Don't reveal any sensitive information. There's no need to use your full name on here. Don't post your phone number, address, or any other personal details. We'll never ask you for things like bank account or credit card information so please keep them to yourself and use common sense. Send us a message if you see anything suspicious and we will investigate.

- Be polite and civil. We're all human beings and deserve a minimum level of courtesy and respect. Disagreements are absolutely fine, but keep things constructive. Remember the golden rule - treat others how you want to be treated.

- Don't be racist. This forum is a Politically Correct free zone, but that's no excuse for being nasty or bigoted. Australians come in all shapes, colours, and sizes - if you disagree with that, this forum isn't for you.

- Keep politics in the appropriate place. There's a politics forum for a reason guys!

- No advertising / self promotion. Don't post any business / commercial messages without checking with us first.

- Have fun and enjoy yourself. It's our hope that this community will be a safe, supportive, and friendly place. We're always open to suggestions and tips, so drop us a line if you have any ideas.

Hi, I live in Brisbane and at 71 I'm still working in my own business doing general maintenance and renovation with a few staff. I don't want to retire and enjoy working and getting my hands dirty.
looking forward to reading more from the forum.
Wayne

• Love
Hi everyone you will already have seen some posts from me but today I realised that I Had forgoten my basic manners and had not introduced myself first! Just briefly my husband (Dave)and I live in regional West Australia in our recently built first new home; We are both from England originaly, he is from Essex and apparently (according to him )I am from North of Watford, in other words Some where up there around Yorkshire, He is of retirement age however still works full time (unfortunately he is often away for long stretches of time) and he has no intention of quitting work just yet, I unfortunately had to stop working due to on going ill health, so I guess I am now a full time housewife. I enjoy reading when able to and will enjoy gardening when we finally get the outside of the house finished. The ill health that I mentioned has prevented me from fully organising our new home to my liking and I have ambitions to finally unpack the last remaining boxes from the huge move we made into our new home, I live in hope!!

• Love
Hi Everyone, I have been a member for a few weeks , and enjoy reading about what is happening in this great Country to Seniors everywhere. I have been happily married to My Wife for the past 52 years. We live in a small country town of 4000 people. Our Town is the Horse Capital of Australia.. with many Horse Studs etc in Our area. I am a Ham Radio operator and I own a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle which I restored years ago. I am 73 years old . 68autobug.

• Love