Hi Xe, Love to know how you got your name. Mine is hubby's last name is that without 'y'. Been married 60+ years and we know we are super blessed when grandson, who's place we're going to for Christmas is a flat, has told everyone they have to park around the corner and walk up the hill on Christmas Day's 40 degree heat - except Gramma! So not only is life wonderful - we're spoiled by the grandees too. Lovely as didn't expect to get this old!
That sounds wonderful. Did it end up being a good Christmas?

Hi Everyone, I’m Pat. Every morning after breakfast I take my second cup of coffee and iPad to the lounge and wait for the club newsletter to arrive. It doesn’t arrive until 7am. I read it first THEN do the housework. Must get the priorities right. Really enjoy it. If there are ever mistakes, so what you are human and you do an awesome job.
Welcome Pat! Wow that's a huge compliment :D I'll definitely let the team know that their efforts are appreciated. We wouldn't be able to do it without lovely members like you! Can't believe you wake up so early though!!

Reactions: ACanuck1
Hello everyone. I'm a retiree from Perth and immensely enjoy the riddles posted. I have always been heavily involved with Science and one of my main hobbies is escapism. Watching movies are at the top of my list prioritised by fantasy and science fiction.
Welccome :D What are your favourite sci-fi movies?

Hello, I am a new member my name is Anne
Welcome Anne!

We'd love for you to share your answer to this icebreaker so we can get to know you better :D

What was your least favourite food as a child? Do you still hate it or do you love it now?

Hi fellow members. My name is Gary and I am a new member...Looks like a fun site...Thank you.
Welcome Gary!

We'd love for you to share your answer to this icebreaker so we can get to know you better :D

If you had to eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?

Good morning everyone and thanks for accepting my membership. I enjoy the newsletter and start each day ... maybe I just like struggling with the riddle. Anyway, wanted to express my surprise at how few seemed to know the meaning of 'sparrow fart'. I lived in country NSW for years and it was the accepted terminology for an early start. That expression if for me a true Australian beauty. I expect that each of us feels this way about what was predominent in our own spheres, as we should. Interesting how different and similar we all are. Have a great day everyone. :)

Good morning everyone and thanks for accepting my membership. I enjoy the newsletter and start each day ... maybe I just like struggling with the riddle. Anyway, wanted to express my surprise at how few seemed to know the meaning of 'sparrow fart'. I lived in country NSW for years and it was the accepted terminology for an early start. That expression if for me a true Australian beauty. I expect that each of us feels this way about what was predominent in our own spheres, as we should. Interesting how different and similar we all are. Have a great day everyone. :)
You're totally right! And welcome by the way :) I was just saying to a friend of mine that it's amazing how all the English-speaking countries have taken the language and made it their own!

We'd love to know more about you :) Would you mind answering this icebreaker?

What’s your favourite sandwich and why?

I've just joined today, as I've enjoyed looking at all the wonderful photos that members have posted. My name is Jackie and I live in North Lakes, which is 25 klms north of Brisbane. It's a lovely area to live in and there are lakes and nature walks galore. I'm a keen family history researcher, photographer, gardener, reader of fiction and non fiction and mostly in the winter time, (what there is of it), I knit for a charity. I love travelling around our wonderful country in our car but we won't always be able to do that of course but there are lots of opportunities to take photos then.

Having a senior moment don’t remember if I sent in my tip for saving time in the kitchen. I make forty Xmas puddings each year and to save time I pre weigh ingredients into saved margarine containers,when I have a little spare time I just get out one of each ingredient and the pudding is on in no time saves getting all the containers out each time ,I can do four each day as they take four and a half hours cooking each I do two at a time
Mausie it sounds like you have a production line going there. Do you make them all for family and or you donate some of them? My former mother in law used to make the puddings in the cloth and she would make two huge ones every year and hang them from the door frame for a while to dry them out. One day I asked her if she had the recipe and low and behold, it was all in her head. She had never written it down. I asked her to list the ingredients for me as I wrote them and the method. A fews days later she contacted me, as she'd left out two ingredients. It was a very long list. It was fortunate that I did that with her because her daughter and grandaughters now make the pudding, which probably came with the family from England in the 1800's.

I have taken up resin art since COVID lockdowns and am really enjoying the process. It has led me to dabbling in other abstract forms such as alcohol ink art and acrylic pouring (more affordable when learning). I hope to get good enough to hang something on my wall🙄Here is a box I did for a friend. My first commission piece!
That is so beautiful. I gather that your friend is a history buff? I think you have a great future in acrylic pouring and it must be very satisfying to produce something so lovely and also a keepsake.

I've just joined today, as I've enjoyed looking at all the wonderful photos that members have posted. My name is Jackie and I live in North Lakes, which is 25 klms north of Brisbane. It's a lovely area to live in and there are lakes and nature walks galore. I'm a keen family history researcher, photographer, gardener, reader of fiction and non fiction and mostly in the winter time, (what there is of it), I knit for a charity. I love travelling around our wonderful country in our car but we won't always be able to do that of course but there are lots of opportunities to take photos then.
Welcome Jackie! Please do share some of your photos with us :D

You're totally right! And welcome by the way :) I was just saying to a friend of mine that it's amazing how all the English-speaking countries have taken the language and made it their own!

We'd love to know more about you :) Would you mind answering this icebreaker?

What’s your favourite sandwich and why?

That sounds wonderful. Did it end up being a good Christmas?
Sure did! Lots of family and extended family, the 2 new great -grandees being thoroughly nursed by their grandparents (great-gramma wasn't bothered) plenty of food and good time had by all.

• Love
Reactions: Xe and Pat T
Peanut butter and jam ... I am Canadian you see ;)
Hahaha surprisingly enough I was just having a conversation today about the fact that I've never had a sandwich like that. Apparently jam isn't the same as jelly? Either way i haven't tried either one.

Sure did! Lots of family and extended family, the 2 new great -grandees being thoroughly nursed by their grandparents (great-gramma wasn't bothered) plenty of food and good time had by all.
Sounds wonderful. Having babies around always lifts everyone's spirits. They are so adorable.

Hi All, I live in Gippsland with my husband and 2 of my adult children + their partners. Latest addition to the house is a granddaughter 7weeks old. She was born 7 weeks premature so she is not quite newborn size. We also have 2 dogs, 3 cats (not all mine), budgies, cockatiels and princess parrots. I have another adult son who was meant to be getting married last year, cancelled due to covid. New date was set for last weekend, cancelled again due to covid. I had another son who lived at home, he passed away unexpectedly last year.
So sorry to hear about the passing of your son sending condolences to you and your family xx

In the United States I believe that all fruit condiments are referred to as jelly. In Canada, jelly can be a fruit condiment but is clear (no fruit) or a firmer jelly ... think Aeroplane jelly. Jam contains pieces of fruit. Now that I have been in Australia for so long and lived in NZ for 11 years , I sometimes struggle with the correct word to use. Jam/jelly, thongs/jandals/flipflops, shopping trolley/trundler, Vivid/Texta/Felt ... to name a few.:ROFLMAO: