Hello. I’m G-ma to 3 of my grandsons, and I really don’t mind the shortened version of Grandma. I have 6 grandkids, 1 girl & 5 boys, from 21-5yrs. I have 3 adult children with partners, who all live close. I am blessed.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hello. I’m G-ma to 3 of my grandsons, and I really don’t mind the shortened version of Grandma. I have 6 grandkids, 1 girl & 5 boys, from 21-5yrs. I have 3 adult children with partners, who all live close. I am blessed.
Welcome to the SDC, @G-Ma! Such a pleasure having you on here :) Thank you for joining. We love getting to know more about the members, so if you're willing, please feel free to tell us more about yourself!

Hello everyone. I'm 77 a widower as my wife died in 2017. When my wife died I had a choice to either focus on the loss or the great times and laughter we had together. I chose the latter. At least now when I talk to her I get to finish the sentence. Lol. Originally from England and I emigrated at the tender age of 27. The trip was very expensive as I had to pay £10. But it was worth it as I had a wonderful cruise. Spent 45 years in Melbourne where I met my wife and after her death moved to Perth to be with my two brothers and their families. Great support. Just what I needed. On 29th June, 2022 I moved to the Philippines for a new adventure and to establish my business training and coaching operation online. So lots to learn before I launch in January. I just love what I do.
Take care and stay safe. And don't take life too seriously as you won't get out of it alive.
Kind regards
Gerald

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hello everyone. I'm 77 a widower as my wife died in 2017. When my wife died I had a choice to either focus on the loss or the great times and laughter we had together. I chose the latter. At least now when I talk to her I get to finish the sentence. Lol. Originally from England and I emigrated at the tender age of 27. The trip was very expensive as I had to pay £10. But it was worth it as I had a wonderful cruise. Spent 45 years in Melbourne where I met my wife and after her death moved to Perth to be with my two brothers and their families. Great support. Just what I needed. On 29th June, 2022 I moved to the Philippines for a new adventure and to establish my business training and coaching operation online. So lots to learn before I launch in January. I just love what I do.
Take care and stay safe. And don't take life too seriously as you won't get out of it alive.
Kind regards
Gerald
Hello, @Gezzar! Welcome to the SDC ❤️ We're delighted to have you as a part of the group.

I absolutely love your mindset! I aspire to be as positive as you. Thank you so much for taking the time to share these things about yourself with us.

Hello everyone, I'm a pom from Bolton Lancashire. Been here 30 years, Australia is the best country in the world.
Hello, @Keith H! We're pleased to e-meet you :) Australia IS the best country in the world. Thanks for joining in on the fun.

We're curious about you so if you're willing, can you share with us some of your favourite things?

Hi guys! Welcome to the forum. Please keep the following rules in mind when posting.

- Don't reveal any sensitive information. There's no need to use your full name on here. Don't post your phone number, address, or any other personal details. We'll never ask you for things like bank account or credit card information so please keep them to yourself and use common sense. Send us a message if you see anything suspicious and we will investigate.

- Be polite and civil. We're all human beings and deserve a minimum level of courtesy and respect. Disagreements are absolutely fine, but keep things constructive. Remember the golden rule - treat others how you want to be treated.

- Don't be racist. This forum is a Politically Correct free zone, but that's no excuse for being nasty or bigoted. Australians come in all shapes, colours, and sizes - if you disagree with that, this forum isn't for you.

- Keep politics in the appropriate place. There's a politics forum for a reason guys!

- No advertising / self promotion. Don't post any business / commercial messages without checking with us first.

- Have fun and enjoy yourself. It's our hope that this community will be a safe, supportive, and friendly place. We're always open to suggestions and tips, so drop us a line if you have any ideas.

Hi my name is Janet, and have just signed up!!
Looks like fun, & I love the fact that grocery specials are advertised!!
One question, where do you post the riddle answers?? Cheers
Hello, @Shana30! Welcome to the forum :) We're so glad to have you here.

You may post the riddle answer on the riddle threads themselves. They look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 10.12.22 AM.png

And are usually posted in the Jokes, fun, and games forum with you may access here: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/jokes-fun-and-games.10/

Just click the thread and then the 'Reply' button at the top right side of the screen as shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 10.13.23 AM.png
Let me know if you have any further questions. I'm here to help 🤗

Hi. I’m MK. Recently retired due to my wife’s sudden illness (Stroke) and also due to my own health issues. I have 3 wonderful adult children and 2 beautiful grandsons, who are the absolute joy and lifeline of my existence. Seniors Discount Club always gets my day off to a great start, keeping me informed, educated, mentally active and amused. For the past 8 months I have been suffering from deep depression as I try and adjust to my new lifestyle, one which did not form part of my lifelong plans for retirement. Whilst my life has not turned out to be the “happily ever after“ scenario I had planned it is still ok knowing that my wife, kids and grandkids are part of it, warts and all!
The main reason why I have decided to join the SDC forum is to not only express a lot of my thoughts, beliefs, opinions and ideas with, hopefully, like-minded folk, but to return my life to some kind of normality again.
I hope, trust and pray that, as a race, we can all make this crazy world in which we live a lot more bearable.

Hi. I’m MK. Recently retired due to my wife’s sudden illness (Stroke) and also due to my own health issues. I have 3 wonderful adult children and 2 beautiful grandsons, who are the absolute joy and lifeline of my existence. Seniors Discount Club always gets my day off to a great start, keeping me informed, educated, mentally active and amused. For the past 8 months I have been suffering from deep depression as I try and adjust to my new lifestyle, one which did not form part of my lifelong plans for retirement. Whilst my life has not turned out to be the “happily ever after“ scenario I had planned it is still ok knowing that my wife, kids and grandkids are part of it, warts and all!
The main reason why I have decided to join the SDC forum is to not only express a lot of my thoughts, beliefs, opinions and ideas with, hopefully, like-minded folk, but to return my life to some kind of normality again.
I hope, trust and pray that, as a race, we can all make this crazy world in which we live a lot more bearable.
Helloooo @Marvin Kombi! Welcome to the SDC :) We're delighted to have you as a part of the forum. This is such a sweet introduction. Thank you soooo much for the kind comments and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles.

I'm diagnosed with clinical depression too so I can definitely understand what you're going through a bit. We're sending the tightest hugs. Please know that we're here for you if you ever need someone to lift your spirits! You're not alone :)

Reactions: Marvin Kombi
Hi everyone, my name is Catriona from Canberra. I’m newly turned 60 and looking forward to participating in the Senior’s community.