Welcome, welcome, welcoooome! @Angelina0506, @sylviapack62, and @CatrionaLyle! What a pleasure to have you all here :) Thanks for dropping by to say hello. Please feel free to tell us more about yourselves. We love getting to know more about the members! ❤️
Thank you for the warm welcome Sethia. I don’t have anything exciting to tell about myself. I’m recently retired and getting adjusted to the retired life. Not being able to travel overseas as planned (firstly because of COVID and now the threat of nuclear war) has been a bit of a downer, but regardless, I’ve been busy volunteering for Lifeline, organising home improvements to increase our self sufficiency and therefore reduce our exposure to inflation and reorganising our finances so as to maintain wealth during a sustained downturn in bonds and equities. Life is good, despite the frustrations and I’m daily reminded of how badly many other people are going as well as how lucky I am.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hi, My name is Anil and this is my first post. I am 64yo and apparently have retired, but keep getting asked to go offshore in the oil & gas game. I have completed 2 bucket lists so far and just made up the third one! Wish me luck. Have escaped death 10 times and am on life no:11. So trying to make the most if each and every single day. Plan to write a book very soon. Just got back from an smazing 2 month vacation in the USA, India, Bhutan and Maldives. If anyone needs any info on these areas feel free to get in touch. I am also a keen bikie and have an Indian Scout and a Classic Royal Enfield. Plan to ride from Adelaide to Darwin thus completing the entire aussie coastline. Have just completed playing the Highest, Lowest/ Hottest, Longest, Oldest and Coldest Golf Courses in the world!!
Cheers
Anil

• Love
Hi, My name is Anil and this is my first post. I am 64yo and apparently have retired, but keep getting asked to go offshore in the oil & gas game. I have completed 2 bucket lists so far and just made up the third one! Wish me luck. Have escaped death 10 times and am on life no:11. So trying to make the most if each and every single day. Plan to write a book very soon. Just got back from an smazing 2 month vacation in the USA, India, Bhutan and Maldives. If anyone needs any info on these areas feel free to get in touch. I am also a keen bikie and have an Indian Scout and a Classic Royal Enfield. Plan to ride from Adelaide to Darwin thus completing the entire aussie coastline. Have just completed playing the Highest, Lowest/ Hottest, Longest, Oldest and Coldest Golf Courses in the world!!
Cheers
Anil
Escaped death 10 times?! I'm not sure what to feel about that I'm SO glad you're okay - goodness! Welcome to the forum, @Anil! This is such a lovely introduction :) Thank you for taking the time to share something about yourself with us! It's a pleasure e-meeting you.

Hi there, I am a newbie , I live in central vic on my own and I breed birds, not very good at this sort of thing,
But I'm sure I will get better at it as I go🥴

Attachments

• 2D2CC7A1-C54F-4440-93BC-379E3D6F1DB7.jpeg
    2D2CC7A1-C54F-4440-93BC-379E3D6F1DB7.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Wow
Hi there my name is Audrey. I am ex South African and have been in Australia since 2008. I look forward to being part of your big family.
Audrey.
Hi Audrey
We have been here since 1987 and love Queensland, great country.

Hi everyone from Mark in Brisbane... quick post as I'm busy living the dream. Retired RN but now casual RN working online from home for 3 days a week. Bought the sailboat to use as home office... need somewhere to hang the hammock 🤣

Important: Please read this before your first post

Hi guys! Welcome to the forum. Please keep the following rules in mind when posting.

- Don't reveal any sensitive information. There's no need to use your full name on here. Don't post your phone number, address, or any other personal details. We'll never ask you for things like bank account or credit card information so please keep them to yourself and use common sense. Send us a message if you see anything suspicious and we will investigate.

- Be polite and civil. We're all human beings and deserve a minimum level of courtesy and respect. Disagreements are absolutely fine, but keep things constructive. Remember the golden rule - treat others how you want to be treated.

- Don't be racist. This forum is a Politically Correct free zone, but that's no excuse for being nasty or bigoted. Australians come in all shapes, colours, and sizes - if you disagree with that, this forum isn't for you.

- Keep politics in the appropriate place. There's a politics forum for a reason guys!

- No advertising / self promotion. Don't post any business / commercial messages without checking with us first.

- Have fun and enjoy yourself. It's our hope that this community will be a safe, supportive, and friendly place. We're always open to suggestions and tips, so drop us a line if you have any ideas.
Hi all, new member Jane..
Have a great day & stay safe

Hi my name is Kristine, I am 67 and I live in Tasmania. I am happy to be on this forum and hope that everyone stays safe. Australia seems to be struggling at the moment with floods in numerous places , fires as well and now another wave of Covid. ( I have covid again) but we are a resilient amazing country and people thought and we will get on with life .. it’s what we do. . Be safe everyone and have a great Christmas .

Important: Please read this before your first post

Hi guys! Welcome to the forum. Please keep the following rules in mind when posting.

- Don't reveal any sensitive information. There's no need to use your full name on here. Don't post your phone number, address, or any other personal details. We'll never ask you for things like bank account or credit card information so please keep them to yourself and use common sense. Send us a message if you see anything suspicious and we will investigate.

- Be polite and civil. We're all human beings and deserve a minimum level of courtesy and respect. Disagreements are absolutely fine, but keep things constructive. Remember the golden rule - treat others how you want to be treated.

- Don't be racist. This forum is a Politically Correct free zone, but that's no excuse for being nasty or bigoted. Australians come in all shapes, colours, and sizes - if you disagree with that, this forum isn't for you.

- Keep politics in the appropriate place. There's a politics forum for a reason guys!

- No advertising / self promotion. Don't post any business / commercial messages without checking with us first.

- Have fun and enjoy yourself. It's our hope that this community will be a safe, supportive, and friendly place. We're always open to suggestions and tips, so drop us a line if you have any ideas.
Hi, I am new here, but looking forward to updates and reading what everyone has to contribute.

• Love
Hi everyone from Mark in Brisbane... quick post as I'm busy living the dream. Retired RN but now casual RN working online from home for 3 days a week. Bought the sailboat to use as home office... need somewhere to hang the hammock 🤣
Hello, @rippledmind! Oh, that sounds so delightful :D Hahaha! We're delighted to have you in the forum. Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Hi my name is Kristine, I am 67 and I live in Tasmania. I am happy to be on this forum and hope that everyone stays safe. Australia seems to be struggling at the moment with floods in numerous places , fires as well and now another wave of Covid. ( I have covid again) but we are a resilient amazing country and people thought and we will get on with life .. it’s what we do. . Be safe everyone and have a great Christmas .
Helloooo, @Kristine g! I'm so sorry to hear that you caught COVID-19 again! We're wishing you a speedy recovery. Australia is a very resilient and amazing country.

Hi I'm Erik, not used to this technology but I am learning. 80 next birthday and have had to learn to live with COVID despite 4 vaccinations. Do I post picture puzzle here? My guess is softserve.

• Love
Hi I'm Erik, not used to this technology but I am learning. 80 next birthday and have had to learn to live with COVID despite 4 vaccinations. Do I post picture puzzle here? My guess is softserve.
Hello, @Erik! Thanks for joining in on the fun. Oh, absolutely no worries! We're here to help if you need assistance :) That answer is correct! But I highly recommend you post it here instead: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/threads/whats-this-image-saying.15377/

The links for the 'What's this image saying?' are usually embedded in the newsletter, so you can click on that and it should take you to the puzzle thread directly! It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 7.46.30 AM.png
Let me know if you have any questions! :)