Nice area
Just thinking about it My science teacher was an old deaf man named Tom Potts, my metal work teacher was "Killer" Keats, English teacher 5 foot nothing Graham Thode, of cause in those days it was always Mr, a teacher was NEVER called by their christian name. Teachers back then ruled, Mr Martin our wood work teacher would not hesitate in throwing a blackboard duster at a student who was not paying attention. Best day of the week was Friday Sports Day, swimming in the Summer and RL in the winter although some kids played soccer but not competition like RL. Hard to think back over 70 years. The School Was Ashfield Technical College. Wonder if kids today get a choice of schools, I could have gone to Drummoyne High or Leichhardt Tech, wish I had of gone to the latter I might have got the chance to play for Balmain Tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littleboy8
I attended Applecross State School, Perth. It was a beaut School with many diverse Nationalities, post WW2, Students. I had a mate, of Italian extraction, whose Lunch included many big Orange shells chock a block with white meat. I asked what it was and my Mate gave me one it was delicious. I told Mum when I got home and she asked what it was. I replied “ he said it was Crayfish “. Mum exclaimed “ they must be rich people”. Nup, my Mates Dad was a Crayfisherman.

Hi all, well I’m a old Saint Patrick’s College boy in Geraldton WA, the place was run by Christian brothers and there favourite past time in the mid seventies was to beat us students with what ever weapon they could muster at the time, oh the good old days, May we never forget…..Rick 62

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I started Boronia High school in 1958, it was a new school with only 2nd form ahead of us 1st formers. Slowly it got to 6 forms. It doesn't exist anymore, there is a Tormore Rd reserve where it was. A new Boronia Heights College in what I knew as The Basin opposite end of Boronia. Victoria must have gone up market and called all their High schools Colleges.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I started Boronia High school in 1958, it was a new school with only 2nd form ahead of us 1st formers. Slowly it got to 6 forms. It doesn't exist anymore, there is a Tormore Rd reserve where it was. A new Boronia Heights College in what I knew as The Basin opposite end of Boronia. Victoria must have gone up market and called all their High schools Colleges.
Yeah I went to Sandringham technical school now it’s been changed to sandringham college in Victoria. Loved that school.😊

Reactions: Penny4
Wellfield Senior High School Leyland Lancashire England 1965 - 1970 Leyland is where British Leyland started prior to World War I

Reactions: Littleboy8
Where about's in Lancashire?
I can’t remember i lost all my paperwork when I moved from tassie to here. And my parents are both deceased so I can’t ask them obviously.😊I’ll see if my big bro still has all the paperwork as he’s got all the family tree info etc. all I remember is mum coming from a very wealthy family and dads family owned a milk bar come convenience store.I must look into it over the next few days give me something to do. My sister has also got all the old photos from there that mum and dad took. I’ve got 4brothers and 2 sisters. Hmm gotta go do some research.😊

Last edited: