My daughter is looking at a house in Callala Beach their very close friends moved there around 5 years ago. One street away from the beach.

There is also another well known SDC member lives down there as well
Here's a pic of my last house at Callala Bay that I had built in1997. A mere $24,000 for an almost 2000 sq. metre block and $168,000 for a 33 square house with 5 bedrooms, double garage, polished timber floors, double glazed widows and a ginormous lounge room. All built by mates with the exception of the painting.

9 woodhill st.jpg

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Here's a pic of my last house at Callala Bay that I had built in1997. A mere $24,000 for an almost 2000 sq. metre block and $168,000 for a 33 square house with 5 bedrooms, double garage, polished timber floors, double glazed widows and a ginormous lounge room. All built by mates with the exception of the painting.

View attachment 29371
Wow how good is that. I bet you wished you buikt a few now I think the house my daughter is looking at is around $800,000

View attachment 29371
I think this is the house my daughter showed me that she us interested in.

Screenshot_20230908_075058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Had some good friends who lived in Hollingsworth Crescent. When I first moved to Callala, you could drive a car all over the place where these houses are now.

Back then, the population of Callala Bay/Beach was less than 400. When I left in 2007, there were over 2000 people there.

Had some good friends who lived in Hollingsworth Crescent. When I first moved to Callala, you could drive a car all over the place where these houses are now.

Back then, the population of Callala Bay/Beach was less than 400. When I left in 2007, there were over 2000 people there.
My daughters friend live the 2nd street from the beach and my daughter and her husband go down there maybe every 6 weeks for a weekend.
Their friend is a website designer and works mostly from home. My son inlaw is an electrical engineer and works 3 to 4 days from home and would only need to come to Sydney once a month. My daughter is a teacher and has already been offered a job in the private / Christian school down there. So it's perfect for them and a better life style than sydney

View attachment 29371
Have a look at this photo , look at the yellow tiles on the shop next to the chemist , Was that the cake shop ? My gosh those yellow tiles have been there forever
Screenshot_20230908_083337_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Emelle
Dungog high school, started 1st form, now year 7, in 1966. Finished 4th form, now yr 10, 1969. Worked in Stevens Knitting Mill, a clothing factory that made t shirts and skivvies in Dungog all of 1970, then started nurses training at Maitland Hospital in January 1971 in the first group of trainee nurses after I turned 17. Worked there until I married hubby in 1974, since then have worked in aged care, as motel receptionist, for a health fund, and for the last 11+ years in my ease into retirement job for Bunnings. In between have raised two wonderful kids, a girl and a boy. Have four lovely grandkids and one special step grandkid. Still married to same hubby so life has been mostly good. Have outlived my mother, my older sister and now my father so feel I am very lucky.

Tagari Project (Hobart, Tasmania) 1974 - 1975
(experimental school catering to only 50 students for the 4 yrs of high school)

University High (Melbourne) 1976-1978
Left end of yr10

Dungog high school, started 1st form, now year 7, in 1966. Finished 4th form, now yr 10, 1969. Worked in Stevens Knitting Mill, a clothing factory that made t shirts and skivvies in Dungog all of 1970, then started nurses training at Maitland Hospital in January 1971 in the first group of trainee nurses after I turned 17. Worked there until I married hubby in 1974, since then have worked in aged care, as motel receptionist, for a health fund, and for the last 11+ years in my ease into retirement job for Bunnings. In between have raised two wonderful kids, a girl and a boy. Have four lovely grandkids and one special step grandkid. Still married to same hubby so life has been mostly good. Have outlived my mother, my older sister and now my father so feel I am very lucky.
My niece and her family live in Dungog. She grew up with Foster parents there and ever though she has contact with my sister her biological mum in Taree , she still lives in Dungog and loves her foster parents

What High School Did You Go To

What High School Did you go to and what year did you start year 7 / first form

Imagine if your friend from High school that you loss touch with years ago is actually posting on here!!!

It is really a small world so you never know

View attachment 28089
Boronia High School Victoria 1959. It was opened in 1958 as a brand new school and no longer exists, don't know why.

Hi all, well I went to Saint Patrick’s College in Geraldton WA in the mid seventies and had a interesting time during that period, my favourite thing I enjoyed the most was serving in the army cadets. I left school at the end of 1978 to start my apprenticeship in the iron ore mining and that’s me.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I hope more people post, I think there are some great stories out there .

Who knows someone might come across a person they knew from school or better still along lost friend