Did the girls have a brother (Brian or Gary?) who used to "bounce" at the Riverwood Hotel aka The Domino? My Dad used to call it the Riverwood Bloodbath but it my watering hole for years. Last time I was there (2007), it was just a dingy pokie den.
Yes they did . They were a family alot of people were scared off. I have tried to find Trudy and Gay but unfortunately nothing. I have also tried to contact Marie Murton but 0 .

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Marie Merton came to my wedding! It was the first time anybody had seen her in a dress. She was a real character.
She never wore dresses , do you know where she moved too or what happened to her. She was a strange character, I saw her in many fights including wanting to take men on .

There was someone I knew who hung around the Domino , Mark Warren

She never wore dresses , do you know where she moved too or what happened to her. She was a strange character, I saw her in many fights including wanting to take men on .

There was someone I knew who hung around the Domino , Mark Warren
I haven't seen Marie since the early 1990s. She was always with a red haired guy called Steve Barton. One night at the Domino, she got into an argument with two blokes over a pool table and knocked s**t out of both of them. Another time, a mate and I was with Marie after the pub and we were going to the Sundowners at Punchbowl but had no car. We walked to the corner of Belmore and Canterbury Road and she said "I'll get us a lift". She did alright! Dropped her jeans and bent over for the oncoming traffic for all to see. Five seconds later, a semi driver pulled over and gave us all a lift. That girl was rough as guts but a heart of gold.

Did Mark Warren have a brother Tony? Tony's nickname was "Crabs". He hated it!

Last edited:
You would have lived close to the Fowler's.
Do you remember the steep hill going from you down to the actual park. It was like a mountain of grey rocks . I remember at the bottom water would collect and everyone caught tadpoles . Pretty much in front of you was a small steep pathway.

Pretty much all that is somehow flattened out .The park alone has changed so much.

Do you remember the house that had kangaroos in it
The tadpoles..mum hated them. I definately remember the house with the kangaroo....it was my house and I had the little joey for a pet. LOL. It jumped all the way to the Hegarrities one day & Dad went and got her. He ended up taken her out to a friends farm cause she got to big to contain. It was either Slim Dusties or Smoky Dawsons farm (the country singers). Narwee boys high..well a group of us used to meet up with them before school at the milkbar near riverwood station. They would train it to Narwee and we would bus it to peakhurst high. We would usually catch up with them on a saturday at roselands food court and on sundays at the local pool hall in Riverwood. I would think we have fonder memories than those at school these days.

The tadpoles..mum hated them. I definately remember the house with the kangaroo....it was my house and I had the little joey for a pet. LOL. It jumped all the way to the Hegarrities one day & Dad went and got her. He ended up taken her out to a friends farm cause she got to big to contain. It was either Slim Dusties or Smoky Dawsons farm (the country singers). Narwee boys high..well a group of us used to meet up with them before school at the milkbar near riverwood station. They would train it to Narwee and we would bus it to peakhurst high. We would usually catch up with them on a saturday at roselands food court and on sundays at the local pool hall in Riverwood. I would think we have fonder memories than those at school these days.
There were two milk bars the Greek one right opposite the station and one further down run by Mr and Mrs Green .

I remember the elderly couple who had the corner home with the kangaroos I'm talking like 1970 would actually let you in to see them although their fence was a tall wire fence and you could see them from there.
We're they your parents or grandparents. Was that Cairns st

I haven't seen Marie since the early 1990s. She was always with a red haired guy called Steve Barton. One night at the Domino, she got into an argument with two blokes over a pool table and knocked s**t out of both of them. Another time, a mate and I was with Marie after the pub and we were going to the Sundowners at Punchbowl but had no car. We walked to the corner of Belmore and Canterbury Road and she said "I'll get us a lift". She did alright! Dropped her jeans and bent over for the oncoming traffic for all to see. Five seconds later, a semi driver pulled over and gave us all a lift. That girl was rough as guts but a heart of gold.

Did Mark Warren have a brother Tony? Tony's nickname was "Crabs". He hated it!
Yes he did. I have never known anyone rougher than her. Yes she would always hitch hike .
She was like a big sister, very protective off me , I was maybe 5 years younger. My mother and her sister were best friends and her mum would always be at ours having a cuppa .
It's crazy how memories come back.
Back then I was known as Sue Brewer

Reactions: Veggiepatch
What High School Did You Go To

What High School Did you go to and what year did you start year 7 / first form

Imagine if your friend from High school that you loss touch with years ago is actually posting on here!!!

It is really a small world so you never know

View attachment 28089
I went to Mercy College in Coburg, Victoria 😊

Reactions: Suzanne rose
There were two milk bars the Greek one right opposite the station and one further down run by Mr and Mrs Green .

I remember the elderly couple who had the corner home with the kangaroos I'm talking like 1970 would actually let you in to see them although their fence was a tall wire fence and you could see them from there.
We're they your parents or grandparents. Was that Cairns st
The milk bar under the Conca Doro near Josephine Street was great. A mere 22 cents for a hamburger with egg and 15 cents fir a lime milkshake. Woohoo!

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I went to Mercy College in Coburg, Victoria 😊
I attended Woonona HS. Started first form in 1972, then in 5th form (1976), I left to travel Europe with my family for 6 months. I regret at times not returning but I was too embarrassed to have to repeat 5th form. Travelling with my parents and brothers was the most wonderful experience.

I was at Narwee Boys High from 1971 till 1975. My first girlfriend was a fifth former from Beverly Hills Girls High when I started work. We used to call it "Moll Hill" for obvious reasons. 😈

Seems to be a lot of people on here from the Peakhurst/Riverwood area!

EDIT: @Suzanne rose great thread! Brings back memories.
I'm in Riverwood atm I'm nearScreenshot_20230906_164423_Gallery.jpg Washington St.

Screenshot_20230906_144441_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_144446_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230906_144630_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_144623_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_144607_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_144555_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_144548_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_164506_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_164452_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_164440_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906_164415_Gallery.jpg
The last photo was next to the old library and the back of the old tip

Last edited:
My most unforgettable moment at High School was......the day that I left.
I’m with you left before 4th form finished thanks to my dad who knew I hated school so he got me a job with telecom loved it🙏Dad you were the best😁oh it was Sandringham high school now Sandringham technical college👍

My daughter is looking at a house in Callala Beach their very close friends moved there around 5 years ago. One street away from the beach.

There is also another well known SDC member lives down there as well
That would be King George Street. Goes from Callala Beach Road down to Myola.

Great place to live but a car is an absolute must. When I was there, only two buses ran from Callala to Nowra on weekdays only. A long 24 km walk.