Possibly two of the greatest artist's to ever live,......the music they made is so pure and so perfect, not afraid to admit within the first few seconds of this song, it's going to be good. Back in the day's when a cheap radio was enough. Good music flowed endlessly and everything was good, better if you had a stereo or a quad system.

Reactions: chean5410
Great song, great music, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the singers as "greatest artists" ever, but they are good, even very good. :p Talking about back in the day, my main claim to popularity with any gathering was that I was the only one in most cases with a portable radio..... kept me poor in batteries I recall. omg over 70 years ago now.. time fly's but the melody does linger on. :D

Reactions: Goodbloke
Great song, great music, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the singers as "greatest artists" ever, but they are good, even very good. :p Talking about back in the day, my main claim to popularity with any gathering was that I was the only one in most cases with a portable radio..... kept me poor in batteries I recall. omg over 70 years ago now.. time fly's but the melody does linger on. :D
Ok point taken, perhaps amongst the greatest 😬😊😊

Reactions: 🦴 Bones
Virginia has such a strong good voice at such a young age. So delighted to see such a lovely duet by father and daughter. She's so brave to sing in such big crowd. Thank you to whoever filmed this. It's such a beautiful and touching moment between father and daughter. 💖🥰Her little foot tapping is just the cutest.

Mary Chapin Carpenter wrote the song and sang it - I do love this book and song. The neatest thing is that it's a true story. It is based on a short story by author Eudora Welty, she is the baby and later the old woman in the story. In the book, you see Mom and later the adult Eudora scrapbooking the newspaper articles and memorabilia from the news on the comet after it passed. You'll also notice Eudora still has a dog, the exact kind her parents had when she was a child.

Guy is one of the most underrated vocalists in this country - he is sooo very talented. Bella is a breath of fresh air and has one of the most technically perfect voices since Kerrie Biddell (look her up if you don't know of her...) I hope Bella has a long and varied career because she deserves nothing less. (Hand her to David Foster and get her worldwide recognition...she needs to be heard!

.....oh my lordy.. that would have to be literally one of the BEST harmonized versions of the Prayer, ever.. FLAWLESS melding of two brilliant voices!! Loved it!.......Peace on Earth.........

Karen Carpenter - This is about as perfect as a song and video could ever be, Richard and Karen's musical talents and synergy come together to create a masterpiece among the best that will ever be made.

Such an amazing performance! Karen's voice is angelic, particularly when you consider she's drumming at the same time. A true musical maverick.

Look at the late Mr. Sticks. Gotta be in his 80's and he STILL had it. I absolutely love to see somebody productive at that age! This is an absolutely wonderful rendition! The memories associated with this song are so strong that right now, I can see the cartoon kids dancing in my head, a little cloud of dust rising up from Pig Pen. Those were the days...Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!
On Dec. 9th, 1965 - 56 years ago - nearly half of the US population tuned in to A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Schultz, an animated broadcast that featured the music of the Vince Guaraldi Trio.
Prior to its debut, producers were worried it was too religious, and the soundtrack was too jazz cutting edge for children's programming. Were they ever wrong! 15 million homes had eyes glued to that broadcast, and it has since become an iconic Christmas classic.
(Until his death in July of 2021, drummer and Halifax native Jerry Granelli was the last surviving member of that original trio.)
Here they are doing the true classic, Linus and Lucy.

Last edited:
Arranged, conducted, and produced by Richard Carpenter, ‘Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’ is out now: https://UMe.lnk.to/CarpentersOrchestr... 'Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra' pairs Carpenters' original vocal and instrumental tracks with new orchestral arrangements by Richard Carpenter, conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios 🎤🎻 Music video by The Carpenters, The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performing Superstar. © 2019 UMG Recordings, Inc.

Fabulous rendition. Celine wasn’t trying to out-stage him at all. She was sharing a stage with him as a tribute to his music and because the song was very meaningful for her and her husband René. This was the promise she made to René before he died—that “the show would go on, and that he could go in peace.”