Every now and then someone magically finds their voice - Secret singer Alice Fredenham finds her audience - She was so scared she didn't tell a soul she was entering Britain's Got Talent - After this performance people will be shouting from the rooftops about her AMAZING voice.

There are some pieces of music it's hard for me to imagine having ever not existed; the main riff from this song is one of them. I have this feeling like it always existed, it was there, in the fabric of reality, waiting to be discovered.

Goodbloke you never said a truer word.. Talking of superb Jazz Cornet & stride piano have you caught up with Shaye Cohn of Tuba Skinny fame? :D

Johnny Cash's cover of his song is on a whole different level. He took a wildly popular, amazing song... and using the exact same words, he turned it into a completely new/different song.

You hear this man, who knows he's finally reached the end of his road... and he's so full of regret. Regrets whom he's become, whom he's been, how things happened. He mourns those folks he's lost... almost more so not because they're gone but because it took him til the end of his life to realize what's important.

Truly... truly an emotional masterpiece in the collection book of Johnny Cash.

When Trent Reznor wrote this song, he was singing it from a different place. It was dark and brooding. And then comes JR Cash. It was as though he was singing his eulogy. He knew his time was short, and this was the song to be remembered for all time.

(This one gets me every time I play it)

Last edited:
Reactions: chean5410
Ok, now we are going back.....way back.......I am amazed as to what you can find with a bit of digging about.......

0:12:13 Delta Rhythm Boys in "Take the 'A' Train" (1941). 0:14:46 Fats Waller in "Your Feet's Too Big (1941). 0:17:45 Count Basie Orchestra in "Take Me Back, Baby" (with vocal by Jimmy Rushing) (1941). 0:20:19 "Preacher and the Bear" featuring The Jubalaires (vocal quartet) 0:23:23 "Ring Those Bells" (Black children vocal quintet, unidentified; Possibly The Cabin Kids.) 0:24:22 The Ali Baba Trio in "Patience and Fortitude" (1946) (featuring Valaida Snow singing and playing jazz trumpet - with trio of guitar, bass and accordion!) 0:27:06 "Rocco Blues" featuring Maurice Rocco (piano and vocal) 0:30:00 Gloria Grey sings "Oh By Jingo" (looks later, circa 1950 or so) 0:32:42 "I Want A Man", sung by Annisteen Allen and accompanied by Lucky Millinder and his Orchestra (huge big band)(1943). 0:35:36 Woman jazz harpist (LaVilla Tulos) playing "Swanee River" (a title list of Soundies has this entry as "Swanee Swing").

I first saw this instrument when Sheldon was playing it on an episode off The Big Bank Theory, curious to say the least.
I know! Big Bang Theory is actually what made me think about this video because he did the Throat Singing as well!

Reactions: Goodbloke
Johnny Cash's cover of his song is on a whole different level. He took a wildly popular, amazing song... and using the exact same words, he turned it into a completely new/different song.

You hear this man, who knows hes finally reached the end of his road... and he's so full of regret. Regrets who he's become, who he's been, how things happened. He mourns those he's lost... almost more so not because they're gone but because it took him til the end of his life to realize what's important.

Truly... truly an emotional masterpiece in the collection book of Johnny Cash.

When Trent Reznor wrote this song, he was singing it from a different place. It was dark and brooding. And then comes JR Cash. It was as though he was singing his eulogy. He knew his time was short, and this was the song to be remembered for all time.

(This one gets me every time I play it)

New to me, wonderful song,,, thanks for sharing. VT

I like how the video reflects the fact that ABBA is loved by every generation. And how they are suggesting that basically, everyone, every child, can be like ABBA. Because ABBA goes beyond the 4 people we all know and love; it is also a feeling. I really liked the video. Love the way the legacy and magic of ABBA will be embraced by the younger generations. It's just great pop music: so simple, yet so hard to find these days. Thanks ABBA for another moment of joy. I have to say I welcome ABBA coming back with a new album after 40 years away, from the tunes I have listened to, its very good, I expect a entire new generation to be fans, so much of the old music was the soundtrack of my life......

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vinylted
1930----->Full titles read: "And now for the one & only Teddy Brown - (There's quite a lot of him!)". (new title) "Millions of Radio listeners have heard "Teddy" on his Xylophone, but here he is to be seen and heard, in "The Dance of the Raindrops"." London, probably Pathe Studio.
When the band director says, “I want you all to practice for at least an hour everyday!” And then that one kid actually did...

1930----->Full titles read: "And now for the one & only Teddy Brown - (There's quite a lot of him!)". (new title) "Millions of Radio listeners have heard "Teddy" on his Xylophone, but here he is to be seen and heard, in "The Dance of the Raindrops"." London, probably Pathe Studio.
When the band director says, “I want you all to practice for at least an hour everyday!” And then that one kid actually did...

A great find Goodbloke, :D

I can recall listening to stack of 45's on record player of this kind of music. 1. Skeeter Davis -The end of the world (00:00) 2. Cascades - Rhythm of the rain (2:37) 3. The Carpenters - Close to you (5:08) 4. Madonna - la isla bonita (8:46) 5. Perry Como - And I love you so (12:28) 6. Dean Martin - Everybody loves somebody (15:44) 7. Bobby Vinton - Blue velvet (18:24) 8. Perry Como - Killing me softly with her songs (21:12) 9. Ricky Nelson - Hello mary lou (25:40)

Great oldies collection except I'm not sure that Madonna fits in with that selection? I know she's getting on but ?? lol :D