Hi there, should had introduced myself before but life gets in the way at times. I live with my oldest and youngest son at their place, here south of Perth, WA. Have lived in 4 different states in my life. Lived in a various types of housing. Spent nearly 4 years living aboard a trimaran in my early teens. That was fun at times and also scary when we were sinking at one stage. As one of four children then, we were told lots of children would swap with us to be sailing the open seas. One thing my mother learnt was to never put a greenish paste topping on our crackers when we were sea sick, never been able to eat that stuff again and that was back in the 70's.
I am a mother of 3 living adult sons, a daughter who survived about an hour after birth and a few lost babies. Have one grand daughter and she will be the only one too as her mother is too frightened to have more. My other sons can not have children. Due to my youngest nearly dieing in 2011 moved back to WA to be close to him. so I had not would be in lockdown in VIC. He recovered, it was a long road but very scary especially when I flew over to be with him not knowing if he would still be here for me to see.
I have learnt to say I love you to those that matter as having another chance may never come. This I learnt in 1984 when my brother died. The Christmas 1983 he was busy when I went to see the family in Townsville and as I went back home I thought next time we will make time to sit down. That never came as I was due to have my 2nd son and the day the machines were turned off on my brother, my son was born.
Welcome @youngoldlady and thanks for telling your story! I think your advice to around saying 'I love you' to those who matter is very poignant. Life is a fragile thing, and it's so easy to take our loved ones for granted.

Hi I'm Wanda and live in Melbourne. I was so excited to receive my Senior's Card when I turned 60 but now keep forgetting to use it and/or ask for senior's discounts (not forgetting because I'm of senior age but because I don't feel like I'm of senior age!) :) :) So I am happy about this group as it will prompt me to get the best deals and also to engage with the seniors community.

Hi I’m Steve I also a new member ,would like to meet as many new friends as possible.I would like to meet as many people who would or are playing Lawn Bowls & also Have a game of Golf now and then in the Maitland region will travel if wanting to.

Hello everyone, my name is Retta and I love reading Seniors Discount Club news and tips.
I’m from the beautiful Whitsunday’s and am a retired small crop farmer 👩‍🌾
I’m am lucky that I have all my children close by and lots of healthy grandchildren that keep me occupied everyday.
And of course I live in the most beautiful place in the world.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my husband and I are both over 65, and live in Adelaide. I love reading, especially James Patterson, internet jig saws, and cooking. Here is our beautiful puppy, who is 6 1/2 months old, is called Murphy and is our delight. His dad is a Chihuahua and his mum is a Maltese/Shih Tzu.
He is the cutest!

Hello everyone, my name is Retta and I love reading Seniors Discount Club news and tips.
I’m from the beautiful Whitsunday’s and am a retired small crop farmer 👩‍🌾
I’m am lucky that I have all my children close by and lots of healthy grandchildren that keep me occupied everyday.
And of course I live in the most beautiful place in the world.
Can't disagree on that one ;)

Guess what? I'm new and hope to enjoy as much as you all seem to.
Welcome, Denys :) We love it here, hope you will too. What hobbies are you enjoying during your retirement?

Reactions: Denys
Welcome, Denys :) We love it here, hope you will too. What hobbies are you enjoying during your retirement?
Well actually I'm not fully retired and working part time. Rotary also keeps me busy.

Reactions: Xe
Hello to all
i live South East of Melbourne and we have all been shut down for so long. Live in a lovely village environment and during our daily walks we get a chance to speak to many others - always social distancing! Lost my companion cat last year and have been waiting for this fog in which we live to disappear as I’m looking to get a dog. My thoughts are for a greyhound - any opinions on Greyhound ownership in small environment? I believe they are easy to care for and don’t mind a bit of love💞

Reactions: Jaclynn McKenzie
Hello to all
i live South East of Melbourne and we have all been shut down for so long. Live in a lovely village environment and during our daily walks we get a chance to speak to many others - always social distancing! Lost my companion cat last year and have been waiting for this fog in which we live to disappear as I’m looking to get a dog. My thoughts are for a greyhound - any opinions on Greyhound ownership in small environment? I believe they are easy to care for and don’t mind a bit of love💞
Welcome, @PamS! I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I've never had a Greyhound but what I can say is that having a dog is A LOT more work than having a cat. They have a lot of energy. Have you ever had a dog before?

Thank you Jonathan.
I enjoy reading SDC each morning and it's one of the first things I do now.
I am a retiree who is not too stressed about the covid restrictions as I know things could be worse and, comparing Australia with other countries, we are indeed blessed.
Best wishes to you and all members and God bless you all.
Bernard

Reactions: Jumbody
Hi I am Blackie. I have too many interests to list here now, but will reveal some "As Time Goes By". Best wishes to all and stay safe for everyone's sake.

Reactions: Jaclynn McKenzie
HI from country WA, where I live with my husband and three fur babies. Looking forward to meeting people and finding out what is happening around the country.
Welcome @Jumbody! Please tell us more about these fur babies. We love pets here :) You can post a picture of them if you'd like to.