Hi,my name is Paula.I live in Latrobe Valley in country Victoria.I emigrated from the North of England a place called Gateshead. In 64,we came out on the boat to Melbourne.We arrived in Melbourne, we then went to a camp in Brooklyn.We lived on the camp, we went to school on the camp.Dad got a job at Yallourn power station,we then left the camp and moved to Yallourn a beautiful place, but the SEC mined for coal.My interest are Motorbike riding,a group of us did Route 66 last year in America. It was a fantastic experience, there were people from all over the world on ride.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hi everyone
My name is Maria and I have just joined the group. Looking forward to our future interactions.

Hi all - new member here, and decided to join due to newsletters covering the rise of high value scams and online safety. I'm ex-ADF IT/Security (over 40 years) and being consulted over scams in progress in my personal network really burns me that these scum are getting away with it.
Especially now scams are increasingly targeting individuals for 6 figure sums in a single instance.
Most people really only do homework on this after they have been touched personally.

So to everyone in this community I would encourage you to get ahead of these vile people and spend a few minutes going over the Government eSafety for Seniors information and short "training" packages to be better informed before doing that large online transaction/transfer or entering new Banking business...
eSafetyseniors

The only way to get ahead of this is to become better educated, and also if you think you are in the middle of an issue, reach out to someone competent you really trust to assist you. Scamwatch is the other good place to check to be aware of how scammers are currently fleecing people - Aus Govt Scamwatch Site

If it smells fishy, is unexpected, or you are just unsure, please stop, and talk to someone you know. And if you believe you have been scammed talk to a trusted expert ASAP, and don't use any of your usual devices until they have been checked and cleared of anything malicious....

Take care out there :)
Hello, @Silverfoxed ! This is SO helpful and informative. Thank you so much for this! WELCOME TO THE FORUM 🥳 We're thrilled to have you as a part of our little community.

Hi,my name is Paula.I live in Latrobe Valley in country Victoria.I emigrated from the North of England a place called Gateshead. In 64,we came out on the boat to Melbourne.We arrived in Melbourne, we then went to a camp in Brooklyn.We lived on the camp, we went to school on the camp.Dad got a job at Yallourn power station,we then left the camp and moved to Yallourn a beautiful place, but the SEC mined for coal.My interest are Motorbike riding,a group of us did Route 66 last year in America. It was a fantastic experience, there were people from all over the world on ride.
WOW! You're making me want to try motorbike riding now. Sounds fantastic! 😁

Hi long term members/new members.
I am Paul (pr67) living in Hilton, Western Australia. Just joined as new member today. Interesting to read the different news from the SDC. I love clubs. Look forward to learn from member's wisdom. Pr67

Hi long term members/new members.
I am Paul (pr67) living in Hilton, Western Australia. Just joined as new member today. Interesting to read the different news from the SDC. I love clubs. Look forward to learn from member's wisdom. Pr67
Hello, @pr67hilton ! WELCOME TO THE SDC! Woot woot 🥳🥳!

We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your stay so far. Anything you'd like to share with us about yourself? We're curious 😁

Hi friends. I am very new to this forum & live in Perth, W.A. l am retired. My wife & l celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary last week. My hobbies include card making & mosaics.
So happy to be invited to join this Club & believe l am going to enjoy being a member judging by what l have read in my introductionary article.
Thankyou for the invitation.

Hi friends. I am very new to this forum & live in Perth, W.A. l am retired. My wife & l celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary last week. My hobbies include card making & mosaics.
So happy to be invited to join this Club & believe l am going to enjoy being a member judging by what l have read in my introductionary article.
Thankyou for the invitation.
Hello, @Ezzy ! Welcome to the SDC and belated happy anniversary to you and your wife! :love: This calls for a celebration.

Thank you so much for joining, we're glad to have you as a part of our little community. You mentioned card marking and mosaics as your hobbies and they left me feeling very curious! Do you have any pictures you're comfortable with sharing? I've never heard of card making before.

Reactions: Ezzy
Hi everyone, I am new to this and so far I am enjoying reading the different posts (y)
Hello, @BubbaRoo ! Welcome aboard the SDC 😁 It's a pleasure having you on here!

We're glad to hear you're enjoying your stay so far. Is there anything you'd like to share about yourself? We're curious and want to know more about you!

Reactions: Ezzy
Ok, I am female... in my 60's (yep, old fart) I am a wildlife carer, live out in the wheatbelt and I am raising my great grandson. He has been with me since he was a baby and will soon be 10yrs old

Ok, I am female... in my 60's (yep, old fart) I am a wildlife carer, live out in the wheatbelt and I am raising my great grandson. He has been with me since he was a baby and will soon be 10yrs old
Oh aww... I'm sure you're lovely, @BubbaRoo! Don't be so tough on yourself ;) I was personally raised by my grandparents too and am lucky enough to have a good relationship with great grandparents - so this hits a lil' close to home. Wishing you both the best things!

Thanks for taking the time to tell us more about yourself. 🤗

Hi my name is Valerie I just signed up as a member so far enjoyed what I have read about this group thanks for letting me join

Reactions: BubbaRoo
Hi my name is Valerie I just signed up as a member so far enjoyed what I have read about this group thanks for letting me join
Hello, @Honeybear ! Really looove your username. Welcome to the SDC 🤩 No, thank YOU for being a part of this wonderful community. We're glad to have you!

What are some of the things you love doing? Would be awesome to know you a lil' bit more. 😉

Reactions: Honeybear
Hello, @Ezzy ! Welcome to the SDC and belated happy anniversary to you and your wife! :love: This calls for a celebration.

Thank you so much for joining, we're glad to have you as a part of our little community. You mentioned card marking and mosaics as your hobbies and they left me feeling very curious! Do you have any pictures you're comfortable with sharing? I've never heard of card making before.
Hello Sethia. Yes l have, thankyou for asking. I will organise this & post over the next few days.

A group of approx 8 plus our Instructor meet @ a Dome Cafe once a month for card making for two hours. (twice for me because l enjoy this so much. Only drawback:- l make the same cards twice or try & do a variation).
I guess this possibly isn't a male thing (yet), because l am the only male attending.

Had been doing mosaics twice a week for approx 4 years before 2 males (1 each class) joined this year. Tues evening & Sat afternoon. Our Instructor sets a task each term which is not compulsory but gives people an opportunity to learn new skills or adapt old ones.

• Love
Hi BubbaRoo. I am a male who just turned 70 & only just joined which means we can share many memories with folk when shown photos here of some of the old things we used as kids for toys or used in our home. I am sure you are doing a great job of raising your grandson. Like to hear more about your wildlife caring too.

• Love