Hello everyone, I am Morena I live in Melbourne Victoria. I come from Central America 32 years ago, my husband and I decided to change our lives, and we all moved to Australia. I have three children, Iris, Alberto Jr, and Wendy who born in the Australian continent. :) I am interested in music, sport, dancing and reading, and of course in my senior discount club! :) By the way I have always been a good sport person, I like playing basketball, swimming, soccer, skydiving/Parachute. My favourite music is Merengue, salsa, cumbia, and ABBA.

I began a career in community services as a Diversional Therapist in 2004 and since then I have been course updating my skills, I have gain multiple qualifications including Associate Diploma of Business, Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment, Certificate of Community Services, Certificate IV in Leisure, and Health ending with my bachelor’s degree in social science (Psychology) at Swinburne University 2020. I had worked in several organisation, and aged care facilities across south-east Melbourne, I have worked with all ages of people, and I am currently working with seniors in aged care facility my job is to encourage them in the participation of their day-to-day recreational activities. As a diversional therapist I plan, design, coordinate and implement leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance their social, emotional psychological and physical wellbeing. I am looking forward to being part of this wonderful community group, that for me is a first time doing this, however I would like to thank you Jonathan & Team and to all for accepting me on being part of it.

Hello everyone, I am Morena I live in Melbourne Victoria. I come from Central America 32 years ago, my husband and I decided to change our lives, and we all moved to Australia. I have three children, Iris, Alberto Jr, and Wendy who born in the Australian continent. :) I am interested in music, sport, dancing and reading, and of course in my senior discount club! :) By the way I have always been a good sport person, I like playing basketball, swimming, soccer, skydiving/Parachute. My favourite music is Merengue, salsa, cumbia, and ABBA.

I began a career in community services as a Diversional Therapist in 2004 and since then I have been course updating my skills, I have gain multiple qualifications including Associate Diploma of Business, Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment, Certificate of Community Services, Certificate IV in Leisure, and Health ending with my bachelor’s degree in social science (Psychology) at Swinburne University 2020. I had worked in several organisation, and aged care facilities across south-east Melbourne, I have worked with all ages of people, and I am currently working with seniors in aged care facility my job is to encourage them in the participation of their day-to-day recreational activities. As a diversional therapist I plan, design, coordinate and implement leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance their social, emotional psychological and physical wellbeing. I am looking forward to being part of this wonderful community group, that for me is a first time doing this, however I would like to thank you Jonathan & Team and to all for accepting me on being part of it.
Hello, @morena ! Awww... I love how you included the SDC in your interests. We really appreciate it!

I absolutely love ABBA's music as well. You seem like such a wonderful person and we're honoured to have you as a part of our group. Thanks so much for joining :)

Reactions: Ezzy
hi, i'm john57 just joined, interesting topics and comments
Helllooooo @john57 ! Welcome to the SDC ❤️❤️ We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying your stay so far.

Just as a quick ice breaker, can you tell us which topics you like reading about the most? We'd love to learn more about your interests!

Hello young Liz. Unusual hobby. Is there a lot of preparation for showing your silkie chickens? Thanks.
Sorry for the delay in replying! I only just saw this, still learning how it all works! As I have white silkies, yes there is a lot of preparation! They have to be kept white, no staining, no broken feathers, plus they need to be washed and blow dried before a show. But I enjoy it and get a lot of satisfaction from it! One of my ladies in the picture below! Cheers, Liz

Attachments

• DSC_0233 (3).JPG
    DSC_0233 (3).JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 1
Sorry for the delay in replying! I only just saw this, still learning how it all works! As I have white silkies, yes there is a lot of preparation! They have to be kept white, no staining, no broken feathers, plus they need to be washed and blow dried before a show. But I enjoy it and get a lot of satisfaction from it! One of my ladies in the picture below! Cheers, Liz
Hi Liz. No need to apologize, thankyou for replying. Much preparation indeed & so much to be alert to before exhibiting one of your girls. Blow drying does sound unusual but l can understand the need for this after washing them together with other preparations. Thankyou for sharing this information together with the photo. She is indeed beautiful with such soft looking pure white feathers. I wish you continued success & enjoyment with your interest. Ezzy.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hi I’m Alex - Warrior Woman
I chose that name because women are strong. Often stronger than we think.
I live in a gorgeous retirement village on the Sunshine Coast Queensland.
I love swimming in a pool and the sea and keep healthy by eating a balanced, clean diet. I have elderly pets a 12yo dog and 16yo cat both are my family here.
I’m lucky to have made lots of friends since moving here from Melbourne 13 years ago. We meet for coffee, lunch, dinner or just get together regularly. There are different groups of friends with vastly different interests. All in all this keeps me young, happy and energetic.
Oh and I’m on 2 committees giving back to my beautiful community as much as I can.
I feel very privileged to have reached this stage of my life.

I love swimming in a pool and the sea and keep healthy by eating a balanced, clean diet. I have elderly pets a 12yo dog and 16yo cat both are my family here.
I’m lucky to have made lots of friends since moving here from Melbourne 13 years ago. We meet for coffee, lunch, dinner or just get together regularly. There are different groups of friends with vastly different interests. All in all this keeps me young, happy and energetic.
Oh and I’m on 2 committees giving back to my beautiful community as much as I can.
Welcome Warrior Woman. Have to agree with your first line. Says a lot for this male doesn't it?
You appear to have a busy lifestyle in fabulous weather. I can see where l need to make some changes to my lifestyle from your comments. Thanks for the (unintended) advice. Hope you enjoy this forum as much as l do.

Reactions: Warrior Woman
Hello, @Warrior Woman ! I absolutely LOVE your username. Women are indeed so much stronger than we think ❤️❤️ Welcome to the SDC forum! It's a pleasure e-meeting you.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to us. You seem like a wonderful human being! :love:

Hello, @Warrior Woman ! I absolutely LOVE your username. Women are indeed so much stronger than we think ❤️❤️ Welcome to the SDC forum! It's a pleasure e-meeting you.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to us. You seem like a wonderful human being! :love:
Thanks @Sethia that’s a lovely welcome 💜
ps I choose Purple Hearts to indicate woman caring for other women.
Purple, in case you didn’t know was adopted by International Woman’s Day so I use it as often as I see fit 😍

Thanks @Sethia that’s a lovely welcome 💜
ps I choose Purple Hearts to indicate woman caring for other women.
Purple, in case you didn’t know was adopted by International Woman’s Day so I use it as often as I see fit 😍
Awww, I actually had no idea purple hearts had such a nice meaning behind them! I'll definitely use it more often too. We're all for empowering women here at the SDC 💜💜💜

Hi my name is Kerrigan (Kerro for short). I live Mandurah WA and have also recently retired with my partner.
We are enjoying retired life and are currently in the USA visiting family. We were finally allowed to leave WA and return thanks to Covid.
Thanks for having me as a member of this group. I will make sure I contribute as I read the newsletter every day.

Hi my name is Kerrigan (Kerro for short). I live Mandurah WA and have also recently retired with my partner.
We are enjoying retired life and are currently in the USA visiting family. We were finally allowed to leave WA and return thanks to Covid.
Thanks for having me as a member of this group. I will make sure I contribute as I read the newsletter every day.
Hello, @Kerro ! Welcooooome 🥳 We're thrilled to have you on here. Thanks for joining! We're looking forward to interacting with you! It's so nice to hear that you read the newsletter daily. Your support means a lot to us. :D