How many times have you had COVID-19 so far?

• Never had COVID-19

Votes: 187 69.0%
  • Once

Votes: 73 26.9%
  • Twice

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Three or more times

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
My partner and I have both had 4 each Covid vaccinations and booster. She recently caught covid which went to her brain and gave her encephalitis from which she nearly died and she was hospitalized for 5 days. I caught covid off her but my attack was extremely mild.
We had the same 4 vacs each, but came down with mild Covid for 2 days, while my husband had it for about a week. Crazy. Hope you both stay well.

Once and I am fully vaccinated. Just had my fifth jab and still wear a madk when out and about.

Four vaccinations & waiting to have 5th booster and then - BAM, tested positive when I went to hospital for what I thought was a bad headache, which I normally I do not suffer from. Given a bag of anti-viral drip, and nasal oxygen as readings below recommended levels, erratic and often low pulse readings. Sent home 8 hrs later with script for more anti-viral capsules. Lethargic, sleeping often during the day and also able to sleep most of the night. I’m in the vulnerable age bracket & hospital did phone check-ups 4-5 times each day for 5 days. Now recovered well. Husband tested positive at home 3 days after me but relatively no issues except a mild cough. Hospital sent anti-viral capsules & inhaler/puffer for him. No idea where or how we picked this up. But stay safe everyone - continue with mask wearing and hand sanitising because it picks you, you don’t pick; it is still around and might be mild for some and more serious for others.

We have been very lucky here as none of us has had Covid. Although Artie works in the aged care section she has avoided it. While I have had all my jabs & boosters & have avoided it so far. Thank goodness! My wonderful Son-in-law has avoided it also.

Never had COVID, either my husband we are both early 70, had 4 jabs.
We always wear masks on the train and bus, also crowded shopping center.

I have not yet had COVID. Underwent emergency surgery for cancer in July 2020 with 6 months of chemotherapy. I have received all of the vaccinations/boosters since and continue to take personal precautions against infection, being in the minority of mask wearers. This has the potential to also protect against the current influenza revival. From my perspective as a single individual I don't want to be sick and isolated, nor do I want to engage in Russian Roulette regarding the significant risk and devastation of long COVID. It can occur after just one infection, but the risk of experiencing it increases with every infection episode.

Hey there!

Just checking in with all of our awesome members - how are you all doing? Hopefully, you're doing well and staying safe. :)

We wanted to give you a quick update on @Jonathan Leane , who, unfortunately, has come down with COVID-19 again. 😷 We're sending our love and good vibes his way for a speedy recovery. It just goes to show that we all need to keep taking precautions and looking out for each other.

In light of this, we want to hear from all of you. How many times have you contracted COVID-19 so far, or have you been fortunate enough to avoid it entirely?

Please take a moment to answer our poll and share your experience.

Also, let's keep checking in with one another, staying safe, and maybe sending some virtual high-fives or fist bumps to Jonathan as he gets through this!
my husband and I never had covid and my mother who is 90 hasn't had it either, we have been lucky now I've said it we might get it

non

Hey there!

Just checking in with all of our awesome members - how are you all doing? Hopefully, you're doing well and staying safe. :)

We wanted to give you a quick update on @Jonathan Leane , who, unfortunately, has come down with COVID-19 again. 😷 We're sending our love and good vibes his way for a speedy recovery. It just goes to show that we all need to keep taking precautions and looking out for each other.

In light of this, we want to hear from all of you. How many times have you contracted COVID-19 so far, or have you been fortunate enough to avoid it entirely?

Also, let's keep checking in with one another, staying safe, and maybe sending some virtual high-fives or fist bumps to Jonathan as he gets through this!
e

Hey there!

Never had it... (Touch wood).

Entire family has had vaxx and boosters, except myself and one grandchild. Everyone except us got covid. Did not wear masks.

None, so far, fingers crossed it stays that way. Heard from my GP that research found people with high Vitamin D was affected less with Covid. Interesting snippet if true.

Simply, it a contagious disease. Following protocols, masking up, still keeping your distance and washing your hands. Treat all public areas as if they are contaminated with rotten raw chicken. People, consider themselves as safe, obviously its not the case. Please stay safe, by still following protocols. Covid is still here and hasn't diminished. The media in general and governments are only worried about the economy, Covid has completed the "News Cycle". I've managed to avoid Covid, most people in my close circle have contracted it. We can only look after ourselves, as most people still continue to take risk. There is really only one true advocate for our health.

Fully vaccinated but went on cruise with my partner. Ship arrived with hundreds affected so we both came down with it on disembarkation day! Lucky!!!! So went home spreading it far and wide. It lasted a month for both of us. BUT and it is a great big BJUT, although my partner tested positive with a second of doing test, I tested NEGATIVE all the time!!!!

Friend and family associate contracted COVID almost two years ago .. It escualated to LONG COVID and has destroyed almost all her activities and ruined her diet so much so that she became allergic to 75% if her normal diet, also loud sounds, bright lights, computer and phones ... she has been able to manipulate the phone for important uses by turning it away from her face and using voice access to make calls and send text messages ... IT IS NOT GOOD... She is under strick medical care etc. and almost died a few times in the first month.. any improvement is slow to happen and many times it reverts back to terrible symptoms