How many times have you had COVID-19 so far?

• Never had COVID-19

Votes: 187 69.0%
  • Once

Votes: 73 26.9%
  • Twice

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Three or more times

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Never had it.
Husband had it badly. Anrivirals were not available in the regions at the time. He had to go to Adelaide to be nursed and have antivirals. He wss very sick. Chest problem lingered but was treated and cured after a few months. We both are immuno compromised
The antivirals caused my tongue and face to swell up. I started to take anti histamines and the swelling went away. The antivirals were just a huge dose of histamine to get the immune system working. Still having balance problems and coughing.

Reactions: MarieL
No shots. Used a RAT and tested positive Easter Thursday 22. Six hours later I'm talking to triple zero explaining my mild chest pain and how it has travelled up to my shoulder and part way down my arm where the pain is worse. Spent 5.5 days in the Covid ward during which time I was given Lagevrio. Covid cleared up in 2.5 days and I have no ongoing problems but a couple of unusual things going on. For around nine months my toenails didn't grow and even though my hair seems to grow at the normal rate I only need to shave every 5 to 7 days. No one knows if this is caused by Lagevrio, the virus or something different.

I and my husband had our first dose of Covid around 5th Dec last year. It was like a sleeping illness I couldn't stay awake.
Since then I've had an "upper respiratory infection"
Where I can't stop coughing and I still have it. OMG will it ever leave me alone.
I'm not enjoying it.
We had all of our injections and also the yearly flu vaccine. It's no laughing matter this Covid. I'm in my 70's so yes please use the antivirals if you get it.

I’ve had Covid twice, March and then December. The first time was horrible but the second time was very mild thankfully! I really do wonder if I have long Covid as I seem to get anything going around and still feel tired? I’m fully vaccinated….can’t have my 5th until 6 months after my last bout.

Contracted covid after having a routine colonoscopy, had it on the Saturday morning, had covid on the Monday. Was supposed to receive a phone call on the Monday from the endoscopy centre to see how I was going after the colonoscopy, no phone call so I called them on the Tuesday myself to remind them I had no call and that I tested positive to covid yesterday. I probably would not have bothered but they had been so unhelpful from the day I booked the colonoscopy including not emailing the relevent paperwork that had to be completed a week before the procedure! I didn't get it very bad but gave it to my husband, daughter and grandson, they were all ok after the first day of it

Hey there!

Just checking in with all of our awesome members - how are you all doing? Hopefully, you're doing well and staying safe. :)

We wanted to give you a quick update on @Jonathan Leane , who, unfortunately, has come down with COVID-19 again. 😷 We're sending our love and good vibes his way for a speedy recovery. It just goes to show that we all need to keep taking precautions and looking out for each other.

In light of this, we want to hear from all of you. How many times have you contracted COVID-19 so far, or have you been fortunate enough to avoid it entirely?

Please take a moment to answer our poll and share your experience.

Also, let's keep checking in with one another, staying safe, and maybe sending some virtual high-fives or fist bumps to Jonathan as he gets through this!
Never had it getting 5 jab soon

My husband and I have had Covid once in April 2022. It was the Delta variant and we were both really sick for over 3 weeks. Shortly afterwards my husband started getting severe abdominal pain which lasted six months. Many tests later, they eventually found he had adhesions on his intestines caused by inflammation from Covid. He had surgery to remove the adhesions and he has now recovered well. It was one of the more unusual after effects of Covid, but the surgeon said they were starting to see a few cases. We had both had 4 vaccinations.

Hey there!

Just checking in with all of our awesome members - how are you all doing? Hopefully, you're doing well and staying safe. :)

We wanted to give you a quick update on @Jonathan Leane , who, unfortunately, has come down with COVID-19 again. 😷 We're sending our love and good vibes his way for a speedy recovery. It just goes to show that we all need to keep taking precautions and looking out for each other.

In light of this, we want to hear from all of you. How many times have you contracted COVID-19 so far, or have you been fortunate enough to avoid it entirely?

Also, let's keep checking in with one another, staying safe, and maybe sending some virtual high-fives or fist bumps to Jonathan as he gets through this!
Hope you feel better soon. 🙏🙂 I had Covid before the vaccinations in 2020 . It was horrible. I'm still not 100%

My question ... Is anyone suffering long covid?

With my first case of Covid I lost all sense of taste and smell and even now my smell has hardly come back and my taste is weak , something I taste and something I dont
Yes definitely. I caught Covid in 2020, from the flipping Ruby Princess debacle and was very sick for over 3 months. I was at an airport seeing my daughter off, and these passengers were unloading off surrounding me. I lost my sense of taste immediately overnight. I couldn't swallow so had to eat porridge and soup which I couldn't taste. It's been uphill for me. My health was damaged and still is. My doctor is looking to get a health plan. It's like having chronic fatigue. My taste never got right.

Not that I'm aware of. May have had a bad cold over more than a year ago though? :unsure:

Have had 4 vaccinations, but don't really count the the first two AZ vaccinations as proper ones. May get the booster at some time?

Hey there!

Never

Vaccinated + one booster, never had covid but the booster knocked me around for a few days, not having any more.

My husband and I have had 4 shots each so far, going for our 5th
On 3rd April. Neither of us have had Covid, nor did we have any
Side effects from the Vaccinations.

Hey there!

None, neither hubby nor I. Just had our fifth vac