My favorite Christmas present was a beautiful 2' porcelain doll with real hair and movable joints, she had a pink dress and white shoes, and I received this at 4 years old. this stayed with me until I was 10 and my brother fed it to the dog!

My favorite Christmas present was a beautiful 2' porcelain doll with real hair and movable joints, she had a pink dress and white shoes, and I received this at 4 years old. this stayed with me until I was 10 and my brother fed it to the dog!
Oh nasty bro🤣🤣merry Christmas 🎅

My most treasured Xmas gift was from my 1st born grandson who was 5 years old when he made me a Xmas tree decoration with a photo of himself in a tinsel frame. I put it on my tree every year and will continue to do so for as long as I can.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I had a golliwog too, sadly they were deemed racist and banned
you can still buy them if you know where. I used to knit them and a lady at the local markets abused me. I asked her "what makes you think that an Aboriginal child wants a white doll?" I had a friend who's uncle was Premier of South Australia. One of her children only wanted a golly for Christmas. This sick little 8 year old burst into tears when I gave her just what she wanted. Golly went everywhere with this child including school and hospital. My knitting pattern was stolen and I'd give the world to get another one as mine had been my mothers.

here we go again. What I'd typed disappeared without help. I'll try again. Santa gave me Peggy when I was 5 years old and only this year I gave her away to a little girl because my eldest son, who wanted her when I die, I haven't seen for over 15 years. THIRD TRY TO FINISH THIS, I still wear a Celtic cross he gave me for Christmas about 20 years ago. I'd love to see my kids and their families again but they decided they "have lives of their own and don't need me".

Being one of six children we had a happy home but not many presents round the tree like they seem to have now. Imagine my delight when I was twelve and my present was a bicycle, not a shiny flash one but it was the best present I ever had and I rode on it every chance I had.

My most exciting Christmas present? Having my husband home for Christmas anytime he could be there as he was a marine engineer and often was away on Christmas Day, sometimes even overseas. We have been married 56 years now and he has been retired only since 2003, so many Christmases had to be spent without him, due to his work.
Every Christmas with him is special to me and to both of us.

here we go again. What I'd typed disappeared without help. I'll try again. Santa gave me Peggy when I was 5 years old and only this year I gave her away to a little girl because my eldest son, who wanted her when I die, I haven't seen for over 15 years. THIRD TRY TO FINISH THIS, I still wear a Celtic cross he gave me for Christmas about 20 years ago. I'd love to see my kids and their families again but they decided they "have lives of their own and don't need me".
I’m so sorry for you - whatever happened to have your child/children become estranged from you is unforgivable. I hope they at least phone you this Christmas if not also come to see you. Have a blessed Christmas. God Bless You.

I’m so sorry for you - whatever happened to have your child/children become estranged from you is unforgivable. I hope they at least phone you this Christmas if not also come to see you. Have a blessed Christmas. God Bless You.
Thank you for your good wishes. I know in Bundaberg sadly, this is common. As usual I just have a prawn sandwich alone as my cat, dog and bird have gone to heaven through grand age. My kids don't even know I'm still in the same town, around 2 ks from where I lived. I'm well known for all the right reasons inc being a JP since 1997 but these days legs hardly work and balance went on holidays and forgot to come home. You just have to keep smiling.

December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

My most memorable Christmas present was as a 4 year old (73 years ago) Santa brought me a pedal car. Got up early Christmas morning, krept outside with the car, rode it down the front steps and woke up in hospital for the next 2 days...broken jaw and arm.

My most memorable Christmas present was as a 4 year old (73 years ago) Santa brought me a pedal car. Got up early Christmas morning, krept outside with the car, rode it down the front steps and woke up in hospital for the next 2 days...broken jaw and arm.
oopsy,ouch🙀merry Christmas 🎅

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

The sight of my husband on Christmas morning coming into the maternity unit I was in with 7 year

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

Christmas morning 1981. I can still remember it like it was yesterday! The sight of my husband coming down the corridor of the maternity unit I was in, with 8 year old son, and 5 year old daughter in tow, carrying a bed sheet full of Christmas gifts to open up! I had just given birth to a beautiful boy on Christmas Eve, all 9lb 4oz of him! The maternity staff had set up a Christmas tree in my room, and Santa had visited our new son as well, with a pair of knitted booties placed at the end of his crib! The elation of a new baby born to us just in time for Christmas was indescribable! Since then we had another daughter in 1983, (an Easter baby) , and now have 10 gorgeous grandchildren. Our Christmas baby is now an amazing Dad himself and a Police Officer working in outback Qld. He has also been the recipient of Qld Emergency services Everyday Heroes Award, nominated by people in the remote and rural communities he has worked in..every Christmas has been special for our large family, but Christmas 1981 was one especially so..🎄😁🎁🌟

My most memorable Christmas gift was when I was 9 years old living in Scotland I received an orange, you have to remember this was just after the 2nd world war and Christmas is in the middle of winter. Fresh fruit was scarc. I still remember that morning with fondness.

The most exciting present will be the coming together of my son and my partners son and us, spending Xmas day together. I lost my 36 year old son to bowel cancer in January 2022, so Xmas isn't happy and hasn't been for a few years while he was sick and after he earned his wings, this year is healing and starting new traditions .

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

2008: Surprised by our daughter and husband (from Melbourne) strolling in on Christmas Day unexpectedly - was over the moon. But the sheer delight did not stop there. They had news, after many attempts at IVF, the last egg had produced what was to become our gorgeous granddaughter...

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325