Being a avid game player - it would have to be early to mid 1980's when i recieved a Head shape Pac-Man console and power adapter to go with! I played that thing like crazy - I still have it and it still works like new (the original box is a bit worse for wear from storage but he game unit is in exceptional condition (even the adapter) and i even have 2 that are 2nd hand spare ones - these will surely one day be worth far more than they are currently at about $100 each.
I never let anyone else near it after one person hogged it until it's adapter was hot and i had to let it cool for hours before i could play on it.
These days i have the game on several formats so i rarely play any of the originals.
Why is it the best - because it was EXPENSIVE back then (almost equal to a new PlayStation or Xbox console these days) and we really couldn't afford it due to living arrangements/circumstances at the time, but one special family member scrounged and saved for months to get it for me.
Hours of fun was had on it and it was wonderful for the brain as well as hand/eye co-ordination. With practise i reached level 36 - which was actually quite hard to get to and keep but if you were quick and smart you'd end up with bonus lives and power-ups a plenty to help.

Sure beats about 2008 when i reconnected with my younger brother round christmas only for him to try to strangle me a couple years later mid year in a mental snap he had (I don't have him in my life anymore - who would after that!)

My husband and I decided to gift ourselves a quiet Christmas Day all to ourselves. We took a picnic lunch of prawns and bubbly and found a shady tree on a deserted beach on a perfect day and drifted the day away. Perfect. I’ll always remember that gift.
That sounds absolutely beautiful.

I had mine along with my first doll, packed away in the attic, then one day when I was at work and we had a clean up hubby threw the bag out along with so many other things I wanted kept, including 2 very large bags of my kids dress up cloths , every colour fairy dresses, police, fireman ect
I know that feeling very well. I have been an avid stamp collector starting at the age of around 7. My nanna got me into it and would buy be bags and bags of stamps for me to sort through. I ended up with 2 albums over the years. When I was 17, I moved to the UK to visit family and work and left the albums at home. Several months later, me sister came over for a holiday and she brought with her my stamp albums. I was over the moon that she did it. I carried on collecting. Then I married, bought a house, came back to OZ. When our packing crates arrived, I asked my now ex husband where my albums were as I couldn't find them. He then informed me that he had left them up in the attic when we were cleaning up to pack. I was devastated to say the least. All that work that I'd put into it and he did that. I asked him did he not think to run it by me what was up there and if I wanted it??? I never forgave him for that. Maybe that's why he became my ex. LOL And to top it off, I left my wedding dress with my mother in law and told her that I would send some money over for her to post it over to me as I was going to use the satin to make keepsakes when I had kids. I never got around to doing it but my ex had to go back to the UK as his mother became ill. I asked him to bring my dress back with him when he returned. After asking about his mother when he returned, my next question was "Did you get my wedding dress?" The look on his face told me the answer to that. Apparently one of his sisters took it upon herself to throw it away. I knew there was a good reason why I never liked her. Now if there is anything important I want doing, I do it myself.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I know that feeling very well. I have been an avid stamp collector starting at the age of around 7. My nanna got me into it and would buy be bags and bags of stamps for me to sort through. I ended up with 2 albums over the years. When I was 17, I moved to the UK to visit family and work and left the albums at home. Several months later, me sister came over for a holiday and she brought with her my stamp albums. I was over the moon that she did it. I carried on collecting. Then I married, bought a house, came back to OZ. When our packing crates arrived, I asked my now ex husband where my albums were as I couldn't find them. He then informed me that he had left them up in the attic when we were cleaning up to pack. I was devastated to say the least. All that work that I'd put into it and he did that. I asked him did he not think to run it by me what was up there and if I wanted it??? I never forgave him for that. Maybe that's why he became my ex. LOL And to top it off, I left my wedding dress with my mother in law and told her that I would send some money over for her to post it over to me as I was going to use the satin to make keepsakes when I had kids. I never got around to doing it but my ex had to go back to the UK as his mother became ill. I asked him to bring my dress back with him when he returned. After asking about his mother when he returned, my next question was "Did you get my wedding dress?" The look on his face told me the answer to that. Apparently one of his sisters took it upon herself to throw it away. I knew there was a good reason why I never liked her. Now if there is anything important I want doing, I do it myself.
😳

December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

My most memorable Christmas gift was a huge hug from a woman who'd previously been entirely emotionally 'shut down'....it was a great gift and the beginning or her recovery!

I don't know if you would call it....Exciting....but it was definitely different. At a Telecom Christmas Tree (the Parents give money out of their pay each week and then Telecom buy a Present to give them on the Picnic Day, the Parents don't know what will be bought for their child). Well, when I was three(3) the present that Telecom bought me was a book on 'Bees'. My Parents were not impressed.

Every Christmas there was a family present under the tree mum bought a board game, so it was fun to have another one to play during the year especially in winter we had cluedo, squatter, wildlife, monopoly,scrabble and many more,there was always a jigsaw puzzle on the go. It was up with the card table in the lounge for the jigsaw and kitchen table for board games great family fun.

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

When I was a little girl all I ever wanted was a dog. My mum was scared of dogs and wevprobably didn't need another mouth to feed. We would all be up to go to church on Christmas morning and as we passed the dining room door we look in to see if the angle was on top of the tree because she helped bring gifts for under the tree. This year we got home from church we opened our gifts as a family. This year we got a pajama case that was a dog. Mine was a poodle. I loved it and slept with it for years. I finally had my dog. This was by far my most memorable Christmas gift. Still got a little poodle called Holly and she gives good cuddles as well.

Reactions: Littleboy8

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

For me The most exciting and memorable Christmas present was a Red Crochet dress with a yellow satin lining that my grandma had made for me. It had a crochet belt too with pom-poms at the very end that I just loved. I must have been around 10 yrs. of age and wore that dress on special occasions with a lot of joy and pride as many inquired about it. I eventually grew out of it but still treasured it for many years and then decided to give it to a friends daughter. Loved, Loved it and brings back fond memories of my Much loved Grandma who sat patiently daily making that dress for me so as to complete it by Christmas.

When my daughter , who is now in her 30’s, was 7years old. She sat on Santa’s lap and announced she would like a baby sister for Xmas. I was very surprised especially when Santa looked at me and said “not this year dear”. Well we had no plans for any more children, but by the next Xmas she had her baby sister. A wonderful surprise gift for the whole family

When I was a little girl all I ever wanted was a dog. My mum was scared of dogs and wevprobably didn't need another mouth to feed. We would all be up to go to church on Christmas morning and as we passed the dining room door we look in to see if the angle was on top of the tree because she helped bring gifts for under the tree. This year we got home from church we opened our gifts as a family. This year we got a pajama case that was a dog. Mine was a poodle. I loved it and slept with it for years. I finally had my dog. This was by far my most memorable Christmas gift. Still got a little poodle called Holly and she gives good cuddles as well.
😮 my 2 sisters and I each got a black laborator pyjama case one Christmas over 60 years ago I was 5. It winds up and plays”how much is that doggy in the window” and we’ve all still got them.and it still plays the song.😍memories are great.

• Love
Reactions: Bluwren
Me at 8 yrs, most exciting Christmas present, was a large doll kitchen that I saw near the Christmas tree when I snuck out of bed early morning... Unfortunately it had my sister’s name on it so I changed the name tags
Naturally I denied it and couldn’t figure out how my parents knew

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

My

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

my most memorable was Xmas day 2017 when my now husband proposed we had been going out ten and a half years now married 5.5 years wasnt letting him change his mind :) 😉🎅

Most amazing Christmas when I asked Santa for a yellow bike,came into the lounge room and there it was. Still had to wait my turn as Dad played Santa. He didn't make me wait long. I was maybe 5 or 6 yrs old so I was mobile like all my older siblings, and did we have fun. Thank you Santa and Mum and Dad

My most exciting present and I am being sarcastic was a box of Dixie drumstick crackers wrapped in Xmas paper with price still on 89cents.
From my Grandma. Still remember it and that was 40 years ago very rememberable.

The best Christmas present was when I was 5 years old. My dad had died at 35 when I just turned 4 I was a Legacy child, my beautiful strong mum had father Christmas delivered me a doll, we only had one present. Today 72 years ago and I still have my doll in mum and dads cabinet. It has allowed me to have special memories over the years.

janjan

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

When I went by surprise to Hawaii. I never expected this wonderful experience and especially the staff who all basically spoke French. I became friends with all of them, a lot of others I won’t say who, treated them like dirt. So I stood up for these wonderful staff members telling those rude ppl 🇺🇸they taught me more French whilst I helped them with their English. Excellent trip and experience L Roach

My most wonderful Christmas present was in 1979 when my brother surprised the family by coming home from a 2 year stint in USA without telling us. The joy on my parents faces was the most beautiful gift. They have all passed away mow but the memory lives on for me.

My favourite Xmas gift was when I was given green light on Dec 24 2020 during Covid 19 to fly out from Australia on a mission as a “donor” that aided others. I never thought it would happen but giving is the best gift one can get. The Brisbane airport was deserted and only 5 passengers were on the flight with all the protection measurements…