December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

My sole mate of 13 years died suddenly, 16 years ago, I grieved heavily for those 16 years, last Xmas I had a dream and he was in it .... he walked right past me in a young healthy bare chested body and kept his head down as if to tell me to give it up and move on woman ..... the profound sadness left me ... now I feel great and can talk about him without crying ... thank you Ted me beloved

Best Christmas present: seeing the excitement of my little boys on Christmas morning and now seeing my adult sons delight in their children 🎄🎅🏻

Reactions: Littleboy8
I guess I was what you might call a "late bloomer", at the age of 24, I'd never had a boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, I liked looking at boys, things just never seemed to happen for me though. I had a nice group of friends, consisting of my high school buddies, and some guys from my friend's uni group. We hung around together, went to movies and plays and went out to dinner together. Just a good group of buddies having fun.

The uni guys liked bushwalking and invited me along one weekend and I got to meet some of their friends. Yeah, it was a fun time. A couple of weeks later, one of them invited me on another walk with some of his friends.

What happened that day? Why did it happen? Why then? December 6 is Saint Nicholas's Day, celebrated with sweets and fruit. It was a Sunday and we were walking back to our cars, crossing and re-crossing the Moroka river until one moment we both slipped at the same time, our hands reached out and found each other.

So that was my Christmas gift, on Saint Nicholas's Day, 1981, I fell in love with Brian (another late bloomer, who at 25 had never had a girlfriend.) 42 years later and we are planning for the future. We never did get married, but we named our firstborn Nicholas.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

The best present l received was a book about sherlock holmes stories my older brother Paul bought me when l was a teenager about 13 or 14 years old. l was into reading in big way in those days as l used to read just about everything thing then. l still love reading books but not as much as then.

My most memorable Christmas was when my partner and I went to visit my dad as a surprise for Christmas in remote outback Australia in 2020. We arrived the day before Christmas, staying at a motel in the town. Christmas morning I was surprised by my partner with a ring box being placed on my chest. Apparently I had been on my phone on Facebook or checking my emails too long and he had lost 'the moment'.
I opened the box to find a gorgeous diamond engagement ring. As he hadn't actually said anything, I asked if it was a dress ring? He did finally ask me to marry him...and then I was on Facebook sharing my most wonderful memorable Christmas ever!

I guess I was what you might call a "late bloomer", at the age of 24, I'd never had a boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, I liked looking at boys, things just never seemed to happen for me though. I had a nice group of friends, consisting of my high school buddies, and some guys from my friend's uni group. We hung around together, went to movies and plays and went out to dinner together. Just a good group of buddies having fun.

The uni guys liked bushwalking and invited me along one weekend and I got to meet some of their friends. Yeah, it was a fun time. A couple of weeks later, one of them invited me on another walk with some of his friends.

What happened that day? Why did it happen? Why then? December 6 is Saint Nicholas's Day, celebrated with sweets and fruit. It was a Sunday and we were walking back to our cars, crossing and re-crossing the Moroka river until one moment we both slipped at the same time, our hands reached out and found each other.

So that was my Christmas gift, on Saint Nicholas's Day, 1981, I fell in love with Brian (another late bloomer, who at 25 had never had a girlfriend.) 42 years later and we are planning for the future. We never did get married, but we named our firstborn Nicholas.
What a beautiful love story have a lovely Christmas 😍🎅

• Love
Reactions: featherfour
My favourite Christmas present ever was my black composite doll. The only thing I had ever cried for. But at 18 months old I didn't understand the money situation then. By the time Christmas came around, I had forgotten all about Blackie so I was delighted to receive her as the main present that year of 1938. She has now been passed onto my wonderful granddaughter Artie as Blackie has been my constant companion for the last 85 years or so time for her to move on to someone new.

My bestest present is when the family comes together for Christmas. My 2 kids(grown up with their partners and own kids. All busy. My husband gone 2 christmases. Each year it gets easier. My grand kids always give me an extra hug for grandpa.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

My most memorable Chrissy present was a book called The Bobbsy Twins I got from my uncle Sam when I was about 6 years old,now I'm 73 and that beautiful book I read to my children and now my grandchildren are reading it,what a gift to pass on.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

When my 1st grandchild was born her mother went back to Cambodia for a holiday and never came back. She would be 13 now. My son (her father) done a beautiful frame up with photo's of her during her yrs which he sourced through facebook several years ago. Burst into to tears.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

On Christmas Eve 1982 I was 8 months pregnant. The 3 children were in bed, and I was putting the gifts under the tree, while my husband had gone for a shower. I finished the gifts and reached up to turn out aircon off (no remote back then) I felt my waters suddenly start breaking. I went to our bedroom and my husband was just finishing his shower. I asked him if he intended sleeping, to which he replied he was. I said I don't think so. My waters just broke. We rang our Dr who suggested I head to the hospital. Our daughter was born at 10.25am on Christmas Day. We celebrate her birthday first on Christmas Day by gifting her birthday presents, before sharing Christmas gifts She will be 41 this year and married with 2 children. She reminds me all the time, she feels a little cheated that her birthday is Christmas Day. But growing up we always held a birthday party with her friends just before Christmas, so she's not feeling left out. Double gifts, double celebration Christmas Day.

Best Christmas present
Many years ago all the adult children and their offspring descended on our parents for Christmas lunch. We got there early ie 0730 to help with breakfast and help cook lunch. It was a great day filled with love, great food, great company and cheer. So the best present ever was the gift of family time together. It was the best Christmas and still remembered by all. The gift of ❤️

This is for my brother-in-law. His most memorable gift was a bag of lollies that he got when he was only 7 years old. He found out that when his parents had bought his other 4 siblings a gift for christmas that they had realised they had forgotten to buy him a gift so they bought him some lollies. As it turned out his siblings became very jealous of his gift.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

The most exciting present I got at 4 was a black doll She had beautiful hair and big gold earrings I loved that doll even when the boy next door cut her hair 😩

During the war years, many fruits were unavailable to us living in the UK. We lived in Plymouth where many will remember were raised to the ground by the Germans. My mother's male cousins lived in Canada all in some kind of service for their country. They somehow were able to get a bunch of bananas delivered to our house. I at four years old could not wait to devour this fruit and proceeded to eat with the skin on not knowing any different. But the most important present I had ever received was a beautiful fully dressed doll I named her Rosemary. Which is still in my possession to this day. 82 years later.

During the war years, many fruits were unavailable to us living in the UK. We lived in Plymouth where many will remember were raised to the ground by the Germans. My mother's male cousins lived in Canada all in some kind of service for their country. They somehow were able to get a bunch of bananas delivered to our house. I at four years old could not wait to devour this fruit and proceeded to eat with the skin on not knowing any different. But the most important present I had ever received was a beautiful fully dressed doll I named her Rosemary. Which is still in my possession to this day. 82 years later.
Funny about the bananas love to have seen that😁and wow about the doll that’s awesome. Hope you have a merry Christmas.🎅

The best Christmas present I ever received was a hand-me-down bicycle. I was around 9 and I got to pick paint colour to have it re-styled.
We did not have much when I was growing up, so, this was a big deal. My mum and older sister had the bike before me and I thought of it as being a great opportunity to had what they had. Also, I was a 9 year old riding an adult bicycle. Very swish.