I have a phone basket Xmas Day. As you arrive all phones go in the basket which is placed near to where we eat. This applies to any other Special family day too (birthdays, etc)
That’s a great idea🌹enjoy your Christmas🎅

December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

When I was about 10 years of age, we were spending Christmas with my aunt & uncle and I had to search for my present, I was given clues ECT. Eventually the gift was in the chimney it was wrapped up nicely, but when I opened it, all it was a cake of velvet soap. I remember being very disappointed. I still remember the feeling I had as I was very treasured by my aunt & uncle & I thought to myself it was a lie then. Needless to say after some time I was given other things, which I don't remember what, only that everyone was laughing at me. I suppose from the look on my face. Never mind I am still a happy person.

You bet it was you could buy a bag of broken biscuits for a penny oh what a wonderful treat it was🤙And I also wish all of my friends a happy and healthy Xmas and 2024 be a good one.xx

Reactions: Littleboy8
When I was about 10 years of age, we were spending Christmas with my aunt & uncle and I had to search for my present, I was given clues ECT. Eventually the gift was in the chimney it was wrapped up nicely, but when I opened it, all it was a cake of velvet soap. I remember being very disappointed. I still remember the feeling I had as I was very treasured by my aunt & uncle & I thought to myself it was a lie then. Needless to say after some time I was given other things, which I don't remember what, only that everyone was laughing at me. I suppose from the look on my face. Never mind I am still a happy person.
😮I hope you have a lovely Christmas this year and you receive a lovely gift.🎅

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

My most memorable Christmas gift was a horse that my parents owned & were not breeding from anymore so they gave her to me for Christmas & I had many years of joy using her In gymkhanas & winning many ribbons & trophies it was the best Christmas present ever.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

A bike when I was 11 years old. I couldn’t wait to learn to ride it. My best friend & I would spend many joyful days racing, tooting and gliding around the contours of our sleepy country town.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

The most exciting was when I was at our beach flat. It sounds funny but Mum & Dad got me an inflatable alligator to ride the waves with. It was green with sharp teeth painted on. It's name was 'Al'. Such fun to have. I wonder now what happened to it. This was about 1955.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
The best Christmas gift I received was back in 1979. I was playing Piano under contract with a Hotel on the Gold Coast, and it included playing for Christmas Lunch till after 3.00 p.m. My family told me not to bother coming over after work, as it would've been too inconvenient, and when one of the regulars, Helen was her name, and her husband George found out, she insisted that I come to her home where I was treated to a wonderful meal, and all her guests (Many I already knew from the Piano Bar in the Hotel,) joined me around the table to hear all about my day. For once, I was made to feel special. We remained the best of friends till her passing in 2020. I miss her so very much.
Geez those were the days. Had to really go back with my memory. The only hotel I can think of was the Pink Elephant at the old Chevron Hotel.

My best Christmas present would have to have been in 2020 when my best friend of 40yrs (David) came to my sons house for Christmas.
David was a diabetic and had a heart bypass and valve replacement done in 2008 & also lost both his legs to this condition in the years following and then in 2020 began to lose all use of his right arm and hand & in September of that year he was given 6mths (give or take) to live.
This shattered not only his life but that of myself, my children and their children as well. David was my older sons Godfather and he was also the Best Man at his wedding and this son honored his Godfather by giving his youngest son 'David' as his middle name.
He lived a 3 hour drive away from us and after his Godson & family built their own home he had wanted nothing more than to visit to see their house. So for Christmas 2020 we made that happen. My son drove the 3 hours to collect him, they hired a shower chair and toilet chair and installed him in one of their sons bedrooms. He stayed for the week leading up to Christmas Day and my son took him home on Boxing Day. There were tears all round as he left crying and saying he didn't want to leave his 'real' family, he wanted to stay with us to the end.
He outlived the Doctors prediction by 3mths and passed away 2 days before his 61st birthday in June 2021 (less than 20 hours before I was due to arrive at his place for a visit & to spend his birthday with him as I had missed his 60th B/day party the yr before due to a Covid lock down)
As you can imagine Christmas 2021 was a very depressing one as we were all still reeling from & trying to cope with the loose of someone who had been a huge & significant part of our lives for so many years but we were all so very thankful that we had had that one last Christmas with him to remember.

The best Christmas gift I received was back in 1979. I was playing Piano under contract with a Hotel on the Gold Coast, and it included playing for Christmas Lunch till after 3.00 p.m. My family told me not to bother coming over after work, as it would've been too inconvenient, and when one of the regulars, Helen was her name, and her husband George found out, she insisted that I come to her home where I was treated to a wonderful meal, and all her guests (Many I already knew from the Piano Bar in the Hotel,) joined me around the table to hear all about my day. For once, I was made to feel special. We remained the best of friends till her passing in 2020. I miss her so very much.
What a beautiful but sad story . Sounds to me like it was your family's loss and Helens gain

My best Christmas present would have to have been in 2020 when my best friend of 40yrs (David) came to my sons house for Christmas.
David was a diabetic and had a heart bypass and valve replacement done in 2008 & also lost both his legs to this condition in the years following and then in 2020 began to lose all use of his right arm and hand & in September of that year he was given 6mths (give or take) to live.
This shattered not only his life but that of myself, my children and their children as well. David was my older sons Godfather and he was also the Best Man at his wedding and this son honored his Godfather by giving his youngest son 'David' as his middle name.
He lived a 3 hour drive away from us and after his Godson & family built their own home he had wanted nothing more than to visit to see their house. So for Christmas 2020 we made that happen. My son drove the 3 hours to collect him, they hired a shower chair and toilet chair and installed him in one of their sons bedrooms. He stayed for the week leading up to Christmas Day and my son took him home on Boxing Day. There were tears all round as he left crying and saying he didn't want to leave his 'real' family, he wanted to stay with us to the end.
He outlived the Doctors prediction by 3mths and passed away 2 days before his 61st birthday in June 2021 (less than 20 hours before I was due to arrive at his place for a visit & to spend his birthday with him as I had missed his 60th B/day party the yr before due to a Covid lock down)
As you can imagine Christmas 2021 was a very depressing one as we were all still reeling from & trying to cope with the loose of someone who had been a huge & significant part of our lives for so many years but we were all so very thankful that we had had that one last Christmas with him to remember.
crazy-sayings.jpg

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Sounded like a test. The other gifts were probably good, but because you were shocked if what you found that memory stayed with you

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

I hadn’t seen my son for two years and he surprised me for Christmas 2018

I was six years old, in war torn London in 1943. My family took a train from Mile End, in the East end of London, to the underground station, where we spent days and nights underground while London was bombed. At Christmas, a tree was put up, and I won the fairy on top of the tree, for reciting 'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....' Like many others ' down the shelter', there was no money for presents. In fact, the fairy, and a doll given to me at the Salvation Army party held for 'Mile Enders', were the only presents I received as a child. Now, I knit a toy for a boy, and one for a girl, and put them in a knitted stocking, with other small gifts, to leave under the Christmas tree, at whichever store does that, so that a disadvantaged child gets a present. In many ways, it's a present for myself as well.

The most exciting xmas i remember was unfortunately the year cyclone tracy hit Darwin.Back then it was very special as all the rellies from all over were at our home in BOMBALA,nsw.Everyone had a great day but it was the last of the huge family gatherings as from that point deaths took lots of the older rellies then my parents left us years later but that day of xmas was the best i remember ,the end of a long family tradition.RIP all those that have gone.xmas has never been better since,but always enjoyable as thats what xmas is about.i truly hope everyone out there has a very merry and happy xmas.sinc ron robbie.

I was six years old, in war torn London in 1943. My family took a train from Mile End, in the East end of London, to the underground station, where we spent days and nights underground while London was bombed. At Christmas, a tree was put up, and I won the fairy on top of the tree, for reciting 'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....' Like many others ' down the shelter', there was no money for presents. In fact, the fairy, and a doll given to me at the Salvation Army party held for 'Mile Enders', were the only presents I received as a child. Now, I knit a toy for a boy, and one for a girl, and put them in a knitted stocking, with other small gifts, to leave under the Christmas tree, at whichever store does that, so that a disadvantaged child gets a present. In many ways, it's a present for myself as well.
Thank you. I still recite the poem from time to time. It brings back so many memories.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

Had to be the birth of my eldest the day before Xmas. 10 pounds of pushy, demanding female joy in the shape of the Michelin man. Didn't take after me at all. Hated like AFL, NRL and, cricket. And still does. But we were buddies from the start and, 38 years later, we still are.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I was a single Mum back in 1968 living with my parents, my brother had gone around Aussie and was working in the mines in Tennants Creek, my best present was him coming home for Christmas as a surprise it made Christmas WONDERFUL