December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

My most exciting present is to spend the day with

The best Christmas present I look forward to each year is when my immediate family and their families join together to unwrap their Secret Santa presents followed by a lovely Christmas Lunch.

The best Christmas gift I received was back in 1979. I was playing Piano under contract with a Hotel on the Gold Coast, and it included playing for Christmas Lunch till after 3.00 p.m. My family told me not to bother coming over after work, as it would've been too inconvenient, and when one of the regulars, Helen was her name, and her husband George found out, she insisted that I come to her home where I was treated to a wonderful meal, and all her guests (Many I already knew from the Piano Bar in the Hotel,) joined me around the table to hear all about my day. For once, I was made to feel special. We remained the best of friends till her passing in 2020. I miss her so very much.

The best Christmas gift I received was back in 1979. I was playing Piano under contract with a Hotel on the Gold Coast, and it included playing for Christmas Lunch till after 3.00 p.m. My family told me not to bother coming over after work, as it would've been too inconvenient, and when one of the regulars, Helen was her name, and her husband George found out, she insisted that I come to her home where I was treated to a wonderful meal, and all her guests (Many I already knew from the Piano Bar in the Hotel,) joined me around the table to hear all about my day. For once, I was made to feel special. We remained the best of friends till her passing in 2020. I miss her so very much.
What a mean family but what a wonderful person your friend was, have a lovely Christmas and new year.🎅

my most favourite Christmas present was my new brother finding his family. 70 years ago (last December) a young country girl gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Sadly she was kept from her true love, and in the vein of ‘Love Child’ this baby boy was taken from her. She returned to her home town and reunited with this one true love, married and went on to have 4 more children. Unbeknownst to my 3 brothers and I, her heart ached for the next 65 years. Along the way she lost her 2nd youngest son at age 20. Her first born found us by sheer accident (he had worked alongside my husbands younger brother for many years, 6 degrees of separation). We had no idea this beautiful lost brother existed and we welcomed him with open arms, following the death of his adopted parents. My other elder brother sadly died suddenly 18 months ago and my dear mum passed away last Xmas, peaceful in the fact she had finally been reunited with her lost son. It is a tragedy my dad never got to meet him. This beautiful brother has recently been diagnosed with MND and I fear I’ll lose a 3rd brother, but am elated I have been able to share the past 5 years with him. No Xmas present will ever surpass him finding us

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

My favourite Christmas present was my bride doll I came from a family of 6 and money was tight. we never had material things very few toys we played in the street with all the children from the neighbourhood in the 60’s. So when Santa brought my bride doll it was pure bliss I could not believe my eyes. I had never seen anything so beautiful and she was mine . The dress was so white so new I was amazed at the pure ness of the dress and the clear pink colour of the doll with sparkly eyes. Unfortunately I don’t remember what happened to her but boy she was special !

My favourite, most memorable and exciting Christmas present of all time was a beautiful silver cross red twin pram, with chrome frame and big wheels. In the pram sat twin dolls, one with red hair and one with green hair, both had freckles on their nose, they were so adorable. I was devastated when I was going down a step at my nanna’s house and one of the wheels smashed. It had to go to the dolls hospital for repairs

My favourite, most memorable and exciting Christmas present of all time was a beautiful silver cross red twin pram, with chrome frame and big wheels. In the pram sat twin dolls, one with red hair and one with green hair, both had freckles on their nose, they were so adorable. I was devastated when I was going down a step at my nanna’s house and one of the wheels smashed. It had to go to the dolls hospital for repairs
🙀🤣

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

Exciting, maybe not but definite mayhem on Xmas morning with our 4 young children. I purchased a big red ride on car for my 2yo son. Whilst helping him open the box, which had been stored in my sisters shed due to buying it in July, I was surprised to feel something fluffy whilst pulling it out of the box. To my horror a possum had decided to hitch a ride and make himself comfortable. As you can imagine with 4 children already having opened most of their pressies there was wrapping paper and gifts covering our floor as well as a frightened possum scuttering around looking for safety. My 3 girls were complaining they didn't get a pet like their brother, whilst my partner and I were frantically trying to catch the intruder. Eventually we caught the possum and set him free in the park. This was 19 years ago but every Xmas lunch since we talk about the possum who wanted to catch a ride in the "Big Red Car"

Exciting, maybe not but definite mayhem on Xmas morning with our 4 young children. I purchased a big red ride on car for my 2yo son. Whilst helping him open the box, which had been stored in my sisters shed due to buying it in July, I was surprised to feel something fluffy whilst pulling it out of the box. To my horror a possum had decided to hitch a ride and make himself comfortable. As you can imagine with 4 children already having opened most of their pressies there was wrapping paper and gifts covering our floor as well as a frightened possum scuttering around looking for safety. My 3 girls were complaining they didn't get a pet like their brother, whilst my partner and I were frantically trying to catch the intruder. Eventually we caught the possum and set him free in the park. This was 19 years ago but every Xmas lunch since we talk about the possum who wanted to catch a ride in the "Big Red Car"
🤣🤣🤣omg that’s hilarious I can just picture it. Memories are made of these.🌹merry Christmas to you all.🎅

I loved golliwogs never had one though😁
Me too, think most of us who didn't have one had a secret yen !!! I longed for a doll, a proper doll, Was going to get one one year, still believed in Santa an all. School bully said there was no Santa, told me to go look in the parents wardrobe. The result......... Lost faith in Santa and the Easter Bunny, No doll and a Belting I've never forgotten even at 80 !!!! Such is life. Not actually an exciting day as Christmas goes, disappointing more like, but that was life way back then

Reactions: Littleboy8
Me too, think most of us who didn't have one had a secret yen !!! I longed for a doll, a proper doll, Was going to get one one year, still believed in Santa an all. School bully said there was no Santa, told me to go look in the parents wardrobe. The result......... Lost faith in Santa and the Easter Bunny, No doll and a Belting I've never forgotten even at 80 !!!! Such is life
🙀how awful I sincerely hope you have a lovely Christmas this year.😍

It is wonderful that we have all these wonderful memories this generation won’t because they spend all their time either on there phone or playing with their electronic gadgets 😪
I have a phone basket Xmas Day. As you arrive all phones go in the basket which is placed near to where we eat. This applies to any other Special family day too (birthdays, etc)

When i was 4 in 1949, i don't know why i always remember this particular present. it was a cricket ball wrapped in red see through plastic with 2 shilling with it, didn't know if i liked the ball or money ,as 2 bob was a lot of money at that age and time.