When things are going well; take advantage of the opportunity. Don't waste it because it will come to an end. Chill, and wait for the next window.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
I Was told to respect my elders and always told to be polite to them also

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270

View attachment 6270
I was always told to be polite and what my P and Q when speaking to my elders, which I have notice is lacking these days, it does not hurt to be polite to people no matter what age they are

My uncle told me when I was about to retire, always look after your feet because they will have to hold you up for a long time to come.

One thing I’ve always said to my three kids is, if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
And my mother-in-law always said ‘learn everything you can and keep it under your hat for later’ well it sounds better in Italian
Thanks for the great daily emails, love them !!

View attachment 6270

DEAR Seniors Club
The best piece of advice
that I have received was, in the 1st instance
quite momentary! The mind works by dates
& that’s how the UNIVERSITIES work!
That’s EVERYWHERE! My teacher advised me of this bestest piece of advice given!

Best piece of advice ever I have received was - When confronted with a dilemma,

Always follow your gut, your heart. Always. It knows what to do.

Your brain is confused. That’s why you are in a dilemma, so don’t go there.

If what your gut is telling you to do, terrifies you, and you back away from doing it, that scrawly feeling in your gut & that heavy feeling in your chest will take over your whole body. Consuming you with Guilt!

Speak to somebody with kindness and respect, as they would speak to you.
Another one is, if someone talks to you nastily, tell them you did not give them permission to do so.

Speak to and treat people as you would like to be spoken to and treated. Also "Always put yourself in the other persons' shoes and imagine how you may feel".

View attachment 6270