Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
When you have the round plastic lids from the small-med-large takeaway containers, or Large yoghurt, keep the lids as they are great when making hamburgers to keep the burgers separated and basically the same size. So easy to stack in the freezer! The rectangular lids are good for separating pieces of sliced meat/chicken (especially when marinated), and for separating 3-4 sausages in plastic bag to freeze.
If trying out lighten paint colour by adding white, those lids are great for putting a stripe of colour on & when dried see if you need to add more white. DIY swatches. And they blu-tack to the wall so can stand back or walk away then judge if it is right yet, or needs more white.
It took me 6 lids to “pale down” a yellow that was not right. Worked for me.
Just wash all lids properly in hot soapy water and dry them properly before using.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
When you have a long and tedious task ahead and just starting is a problem - set a kitchen timer for 30 or 60 minutes and start the work for that length of time, go off and do something else. Then have another 30 minutes or so. Break it down into these timed segments - its not so bad then.

When anything untoward happens, just stop and think, "Will I remember this day's problem in one year's time?" before you begin to get worried and anxious.

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270
Don't believe everything your mother told you. (I wish someone had told me this when I was younger and believed everything she said.)

Here is a piece of advice that I can give right now. If you have purchased Porterhouse Steak from ALDI, the one they are advertising that they can cut with a butter knife.... please save yourself the time and effort, dont cook it and definitely Do Not try to eat it! The WORST piece of meat I have tried to eat in the last 20 years! It is mainly gristle and fat and if you cut down to something that resembles meat, you can chew and chew but you will not get flavour! I even cracked my denture trying to bite into a sandwich made from this .... after it was pounded with a mallet.... the other 2 pieces in the pack kept the dog amused for a while trying to chew it down to a size that he could swallow... and he is a 60kg Mastiff! From now on I will stick to just buying fold up camp chairs from ALDI..... when they break they will probably be better to cook than their porterhouse Steak! Never Again! the best advice I can give you this week!

View attachment 6270

I have two. The first one is something we should observe from childhood: ‘Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own canoe.’

The second is my favourite. It’s one that all younger people should take note of and practice: ‘Don’t judge my story by the chapter you walked in on.’

Here is a piece of advice that I can give right now. If you have purchased Porterhouse Steak from ALDI, the one they are advertising that they can cut with a butter knife.... please save yourself the time and effort, dont cook it and definitely Do Not try to eat it! The WORST piece of meat I have tried to eat in the last 20 years! It is mainly gristle and fat and if you cut down to something that resembles meat, you can chew and chew but you will not get flavour! I even cracked my denture trying to bite into a sandwich made from this .... after it was pounded with a mallet.... the other 2 pieces in the pack kept the dog amused for a while trying to chew it down to a size that he could swallow... and he is a 60kg Mastiff! From now on I will stick to just buying fold up camp chairs from ALDI..... when they break they will probably be better to cook than their porterhouse Steak! Never Again! the best advice I can give you this week!
I'm looking for something to resole my workboots .... is it suitable for that?

My darling Mum always said after losing a wonderful friend or family member
“Treasure the memories and move forward”
Best advice I have ever received!!

My darling Mum once said if/whenever you lost dear friend or family member
“Treasure the memories and move forward”
Best advice I have ever received!!
Julie Brown