Sunrise star Sam Mac shares life-changing revelation with Rebecca James

Sunrise's weatherman Sam Mac and his partner Rebecca James have recently shared some heartwarming news that will surely bring a smile to your face.

The couple is expecting their second child, adding another member to their growing family.

The announcement was made on a bright Saturday morning, 24 February, with Mac playfully referring to the upcoming addition on his social media: 'Baby Mac (the sequel), premiering this August 2024.’

‘Starring Margot as the big sister,’ he added.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 7.14.25 AM.jpeg
Sam Mac and his wife, Rebecca James, announced the big news on social media. Credit: @sammacinsta / Instagram

The news was accompanied by a charming family photo featuring their firstborn, Margot, proudly pointing to her mum's baby bump.

A sonogram of the new baby was also shared, adding to the excitement of the announcement.

This news comes after Mac recently revealed his affectionate pet name for James during a rapid-fire quiz segment on Sunrise.

He was hit with several questions, some asking about his love life.

‘What is your pet name for Bec? (This is) getting quite personal,’ Mac said.

‘It’s “Boo”, I don’t know why, I’ll hand out the vomit bucket in a second,’ he joked.

The couple's journey has been filled with joyous milestones, with Mac proposing to James in December. He shared a radiant photo of the couple, with James flaunting her engagement ring on social media.

‘My secret 2023 New Year’s resolution was to propose to my darling Rebecca sometime this year. So I guess this is what you’d call a buzzer beater,’ he said.

‘She’s calm, strong and unintentionally funny. She’s super smart and a genuine knockout beauty.’

He also shared how she has made him a better man.

The couple welcomed their first child, Margot, in September 2022.

Mac took a month off for paternity leave, cherishing the opportunity to spend quality time with his first daughter.

‘It’s my turn to be getting Margot up, [feeding] her, and basically becoming her personal assistant/servant,’ he joked.

‘Margot’s changed so much, even in the past couple of months, so it’s super exciting to have some proper quality time with her.’

Mac returned to work on 4 December on Sunrise and shared the realities of being a dad.

He stated that while his paternity leave was a joyous time, it had been challenging for him. He knew ‘it would be hard, but it’s been so relentless’.
Key Takeaways
  • Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac and his partner Rebecca James are expecting their second child, with the baby due in August 2024.
  • Mac revealed the news on social media, sharing a photo of his family and a sonogram of the new baby, with the caption 'Baby Mac (the sequel)'.
  • Mac recently engaged to James in December, after proposing with a New Year's resolution to do so within the year.
  • The couple already has a daughter named Margot, born in September 2022, with Mac previously taking a month off for paternity leave to spend quality time with her.
What are your thoughts on Sam Mac and Rebecca James' exciting news? Share your opinions and well wishes in the comments below!

Sponsored
Nice news FOR THEM. The definition of 'crowd' clearly is open to interpretation. Clearly the copy writer (assuming there is one) on this site clearly watches this rubbish morning show that they consider to be 'news'.

Another who cares article never watch Sunrise
Nice news FOR THEM. The definition of 'crowd' clearly is open to interpretation. Clearly the copy writer (assuming there is one) on this site clearly watches this rubbish morning show that they consider to be 'news'.
cares

Who gives a........why didn't I get the same treatment when my children were born!!!!

if you do not watch the programme and you feel so full of hatred, why put it in print. NASTY.

Reactions: Annna
Nice couple.

Nice man. Gives thousands of people who do watch him a laugh.

Don't watch him?

Shut your face and move on.