SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #329 - 19/04/2024

Question 1: Which ancient Greek philosopher is known for the quote "I know that I know nothing"?

This famous quote is a paradox that encapsulates Socrates' approach of questioning all assumptions in the pursuit of true knowledge. Socrates believed that the path to wisdom starts with recognizing one's own ignorance.

Question 2: Where is Broadway located?

Broadway refers to the 41 professional theatres located in the Theater District and Lincoln Center in Manhattan, New York City. Broadway theatres are widely considered to represent the highest quality of commercial theatre in the English-speaking world.

Question 3: When was the Empire State Building completed?

The Empire State Building was constructed in just 410 days during the Great Depression. It was the world's tallest building from 1931 to 1970.

Question 4: What is the most abundant element in the human body?

Oxygen makes up about 65% of the human body by mass. Most of this oxygen is found in water (H2O), which comprises around 60% of the body.

Question 5: In what language does "ciao" mean both "hello" and "goodbye"?

"Ciao" is an informal Italian greeting that can be used both when meeting and leaving. It was originally used as a casual way to say farewell, but has also become a common way to say hello.

Question 6: Who created the language Esperanto?

L. L. Zamenhof, a Polish-Jewish ophthalmologist, created Esperanto in 1887. His goal was to design an easy-to-learn, politically neutral language that would foster peace and international understanding between people with different languages.

Question 7: Why is the island of Santorini in Greece known for its unique architecture?

The iconic white and blue buildings of Santorini were originally painted using limestone and volcanic ashes. The white color reflects the summer heat, and the blue represents the sky and sea.

Question 8: In Greek mythology, who was the hero that slew the Minotaur?

According to legend, Theseus volunteered to slay the Minotaur, a half-man half-bull monster that lived in a labyrinth on the island of Crete. He was able to navigate the maze and defeat the beast with the help of Princess Ariadne, who gave him a ball of thread to retrace his path.

Question 9: Why do almonds require a large amount of water to grow compared to other crops?

A single almond requires 1.1 gallons of water to produce. Almonds are grown primarily in California, which has a Mediterranean climate with mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers. Providing the trees enough water during the summer growing season requires extensive irrigation.

Question 10: Where was the Beatles' last public performance held?

The Beatles gave an impromptu final public performance on the rooftop of Apple Corps headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London on January 30, 1969. The performance lasted 42 minutes until the Metropolitan Police asked them to reduce the volume.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #329
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩