‘Useless paper I’ve ever used’: This ALDI product leaves shoppers furious!

When it comes to grocery shopping, ALDI has carved out a special place in the hearts of bargain hunters and budget-conscious consumers alike.

Known for its cost-effective products and no-frills shopping experience, ALDI has become a go-to destination for many Australian families who appreciate value without compromising on quality.

However, an incident involving one of ALDI's own-brand products has left a sour taste in the mouths of some of its most loyal customers.

The product in question? ALDI's Goliath baking paper.

This kitchen staple, once praised for its reliability and non-stick prowess, has come under fire—quite literally.

Shoppers have reported that the latest batches of this baking paper are not only failing to prevent food from sticking but are also posing a potential fire hazard.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 12.03.46 PM.jpeg
Disgruntled ALDI shoppers complained over ALDI Goliath baking paper. Credit: Facebook

One dismayed customer took to social media to express her frustration, sparking a flurry of similar complaints from other members.

'Is anyone else's baking paper absolute dog s**t? We just finished our last 90-metre roll, which was great, and opened the new one I bought last time it was on sale, and everything sticks to it. The last lot was fabulous but this one I'm about to chuck in the bin!’ she said.

Others chimed in to share their experience and complaints.

‘I literally threw my whole roll of that in the bin because it just stuck to everything. It was infuriating!’ one person exclaimed.

‘You should be taking it back, I did and got my money back,’ another advised.

'They must have changed the paper because the new roll I got keeps catching fire, it's really bad quality,' one customer warned.

‘I just purchased this to use in our school canteen and all the pizzas stuck to it. It's terrible,’ another complained.

'Most useless baking paper I've ever used, if I didn’t have to leave a star, I definitely wouldn’t be,' reads one scathing review on productreviews.com.

However, some customers have found the smaller rolls satisfactory, suggesting that the problem may be isolated to certain sizes or batches.

‘I have the smaller roll, and it's fine,’ ’noted one person.

‘Maybe there's something different about the longer roll?’ speculated one user.

While some advised returning the faulty paper, others proposed potential solutions to salvage it, such as applying olive oil or crumpling it prior to use.

However, until ALDI addresses the issue with their baking paper, many loyal patrons may opt for alternative brands like Multix or explore innovative methods for repurposing.

This isn’t the only incident shoppers experienced from ALDI.

In a previous story, an ALDI customer shared their frustration about the retailer’s paper bag when it tore, causing their groceries to spill out onto the driveway.

Who was to blame for this incident? Read more about the story here to find out!
Key Takeaways

• ALDI shoppers are expressing frustration over a change to the Goliath brand baking paper, which is causing food to stick and, in some cases, catch fire.
  • Customers detailed their negative experiences and kitchen disasters, leading to a backlash on social media and product review websites.
  • Some shoppers received refunds upon returning the problematic baking paper, while others offered tips on how to make it work or use it for alternative purposes.
  • Despite a few customers not encountering issues, many seek alternative products until ALDI resolves the problems with their baking paper.
Have you encountered similar problems with kitchen products? What are your go-to alternatives for baking paper? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored