What about the Easter Bunny, I thought he was real too, and the tooth fairly.
I work in online 3D images, I made this one just before Easter a few years ago when St. Patricks day and Easter ran close to each other...

Attachments

• easter st paddies.jpg
    easter st paddies.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
What about the Easter Bunny, I thought he was real too, and the tooth fairly.
I work in online 3D images, I made this one just before Easter a few years ago when St. Patricks day and Easter ran close to each other...
Cute😁

• Love
Reactions: deni67
🌟Christmas as a kid was always an exciting time with the combination of having holidays from school, get together with mum’s sister/hubby and the 3 cousins, which we alternated hosting the event. I fondly remember the amazing roast dinners (usually a Turkey) with all the trimmings, preceded by home made asparagus or chicken filled toasted bread squares that my mum loved to whip up. She was a great cook and slaved away merrily in the small kitchen with a fancy new oven range that featured 2 separate ovens at shoulder level! We would play around in the back room to the wafting and tantalising smells of good fare awaiting us all! As a treat we would always plan a concert after the lunch meal where all of us would either sing 🎶 strumming tennis🏸 racquets that posed as guitars 🎸 or charade act🎭 out a theme to be guessed by our by then sleepy😴 audience. Usually there was some dressing up involved and we all had a blast of a time and excitedly handed out tickets (home made) to the performance. 🎟️
Those memories stay as fond as our friendships still today! 🫶🏾🧑‍🎄

No
Every morning I have Memories, we travelled over the years to every state being 10 pound poms we had a lot to learn about this magnificent country, every time we stopped we would buy a magnet and I bought 4 old picture frames cut metal plate to size and Doreen would cover the plate with silk cloth, we had 1 for SA, 1 for Interstate, 1 for our overseas trips and the forth for our family and friends overseas trips, the first thing I do in the morning is go down to my family room where the magnets are and think of the good times we had together. Thank you for your kind remarks.
No problem Dennis after all those wonderful years, it will take quite a while
But you have so many memories to draw on. You will get there eventually.
All the best to you
Laureen./Brody

I have so many great Christmas memories from when I was a child to Christmas with my husband and 13 children but I'm going to share a memory that has stayed with me for 32 years and one I will regret forever .

My grandmother was like my mother, she raised me from birth due to my mother being only 14.

Christmas was one of my grandmother's favourite time of the year , and as far back as I can remember she made it special for all of us.

Fast forward to Christmas 1990 and for some stupid reason I started studying the bible with Jehovah Witnesses and for me I stopped celebrating Xmas. When I told Nan she was devastated, angry, disappointed, you name it.
That was the worst time of my life when I realised what I had done. At this time I had six kids.

I was determined to celebrate Xmas with her the following year after I realised what I did to her.

Christmas 1991 I was going to make it up to her.

March 1991 her sister passed away and it was a sad time for her.
Then at the end of November she was worried about her sisters belongings, her expensive jewellery ect as my grandmother was her only living sibling and she had no children.

Sunday the 1st of December my grandmother asked me to spend the day with her , my aunt and my sister. I couldn't as hubby's aunt and uncle had arrived from Greece and we were having them over.

The next day my grandmother had to go see her sisters solicitor near Central station Sydney, I told her I would go but as I was 28 weeks pregnant and suffered high blood pressure she wouldn't let me.

At 4pm no one could contact her , she should have been home. I called my uncle who lived the next suburb away in Riverwood , and asked him to go and see if she was home.

30 minutes later my uncle called back and asked me to sit down. The police had just been to his place to inform him that my grandmother had a heart attack on platform 25 on central station waiting for a train to Riverwood .

It was the 2nd of December that I lost my grandmother , my best friend , my mentor and I loss her without making it up to her for what I did the year before.

Even though it was so very hard to celebrate Christmas 🎄 we did for her because it would have been what she wanted .
To this day I remember what I didn't do.
I also tell people make sure what you do or don't do you don't regret it.
You can't get back time
So sad for you, wish there was something I could say that would help. Never put off, I am sure she would know that you would of done the Christmas she desired

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Hi we used to spend Christmas morning with my parents each year as we lived next door to them. My middle son volunteered with the ambulance. So to surprise our youngest who is six years younger than no two son.
He put together 2 very large boxes, inside he put an ambulance siren & went my son opened the box the siren would go off. The noise would be really loud, the other is when opened would squirt water on him.
As my parents were elderly my no 2 son informed them of the loud noise.
When it went off my parents were fine, but I took off like a shot & then we all laughed it was a great Christmas.

Hi we used to spend Christmas morning with my parents each year as we lived next door to them. My middle son volunteered with the ambulance. So to surprise our youngest who is six years younger than no two son.
He put together 2 very large boxes, inside he put an ambulance siren & went my son opened the box the siren would go off. The noise would be really loud, the other is when opened would squirt water on him.
As my parents were elderly my no 2 son informed them of the loud noise.
When it went off my parents were fine, but I took off like a shot & then we all laughed it was a great Christmas.
🤣🤣

My favourite memory is being in our launch on the Hawkesbury River with my parents and brother on our way to our shack on Goat Island. It's about 7,30pm when the voices of angels comes over the water singing carols. The voices came from the orphanage on the hill overlooking the Brooklyn boatshed and wafting so beautifully over the water. This memory stays with me despite the fact that I normally spend Christmas alone with the man I call "the Boss" up stairs in the sky.

My favourite memory is being in our launch on the Hawkesbury River with my parents and brother on our way to our shack on Goat Island. It's about 7,30pm when the voices of angels comes over the water singing carols. The voices came from the orphanage on the hill overlooking the Brooklyn boatshed and wafting so beautifully over the water. This memory stays with me despite the fact that I normally spend Christmas alone with the man I call "the Boss" up stairs in the sky.

My favourite Christmas memory goes back to my childhood. Our Christmas tree stood proudly in our lounge room decorated with a lot of hand made decorations. These included our chain like streamers made from coloured paper that were carefully and lovingly glued together in loops. Who could make the longest was always the challenge!?
We spent a lot of time at our grandmother's house who was a very arty, crafty and talented lady. We always made some beautiful decorations with her. Remember sherry bottles? The really nice shaped ones - some with twisty necks and fat bottoms. (The bottles that is! :) ) Nan would help us spray paint these in gold then we would fashion pieces of holly around long stem candles and put them in the top. These would sit and be a Christmas feature on our old upright piano. I was always so proud of mine!
My Nan made the best plum puddings. You know the ones! Filled with delicious rum soaked dried fruits with cherries too. The best part was adding the threepences to the mix. You had to be extremely cautious about eating it so you didn't swallow one. Nan taught me how to make them. I was so little I had to stand on a chair but she would hold my hand around the wooden spoon and teach me to stir so many times one way and so many times the other to combine the flour and the fruit perfectly. Then we would pour them and wrap them in calico and they would hang in her laundry. They were so popular, people would order them for their Christmas desert too.
So on Christmas Day we would go to Sunday School and then when we got home, mum would have packed things to go to Nan's for Christmas lunch. She always had a big tree with presents underneath and we would exchange gifts. Of course, the Christmas lunch was delicious as always. Finished off with the Christmas pudding and warm custard. And I remember the little gathering of threepences on the side of my plate. I never swallowed any! :)

I can remember Christmas pretty much the same as yours.
We always went to my Grandmother's
House for Christmas Lunch. Just about all my Relatives would be there. It may have been quite a while since I had seen them,
All of my Cousin's would be there. it would always be a great day.. Great
Memories that are just as special today
as then.

Reactions: Marj53
I can remember Christmas pretty much the same as yours.
We always went to my Grandmother's
House for Christmas Lunch. Just about all my Relatives would be there. It may have been quite a while since I had seen them,
All of my Cousin's would be there. it would always be a great day.. Great
Memories that are just as special today
as then.

I have so many great Christmas memories from when I was a child to Christmas with my husband and 13 children but I'm going to share a memory that has stayed with me for 32 years and one I will regret forever .

My grandmother was like my mother, she raised me from birth due to my mother being only 14.

Christmas was one of my grandmother's favourite time of the year , and as far back as I can remember she made it special for all of us.

Fast forward to Christmas 1990 and for some stupid reason I started studying the bible with Jehovah Witnesses and for me I stopped celebrating Xmas. When I told Nan she was devastated, angry, disappointed, you name it.
That was the worst time of my life when I realised what I had done. At this time I had six kids.

I was determined to celebrate Xmas with her the following year after I realised what I did to her.

Then at the end of November she was worried about her sisters belongings, her expensive jewellery ect as my grandmother was her only living sibling and she had no children.

Sunday the 1st of December my grandmother asked me to spend the day with her , my aunt and my sister. I couldn't as hubby's aunt and uncle had arrived from Greece and we were having them over.

The next day my grandmother had to go see her sisters solicitor near Central station Sydney, I told her I would go but as I was 28 weeks pregnant and suffered high blood pressure she wouldn't let me.

At 4pm no one could contact her , she should have been home. I called my uncle who lived the next suburb away in Riverwood , and asked him to go and see if she was home.

30 minutes later my uncle called back and asked me to sit down. The police had just been to his place to inform him that my grandmother had a heart attack on platform 25 on central station waiting for a train to Riverwood .

It was the 2nd of December that I lost my grandmother , my best friend , my mentor and I loss her without making it up to her for what I did the year before.

Even though it was so very hard to celebrate Christmas 🎄 we did for her because it would have been what she wanted .
You can't get back time
Be kind to yourself, don't forget she didn't want you to go because you were
Very Pregnant. You did not do anything
wrong. Your Grandmother raised you, and you loved her very much. What do you think she would say, if she was able to tell you ? She might say to you
Susanna Rose
"Why have you been doing this for so many years,what a waste of time, punishing yourself for something you didn't do"? You need to think back to the day and remember what your
Grandmother said to you.

Precious memories
But forgive yourself once and for all,
Share your story with your Children and Grandchildren. Tell them about all the
Happy Memories you have probably pushed to the back of your mind the very special memories that no one can take away from you.
The unconditional love
She shared with you. You did the same to her.
She never felt bad about you. not being
with her. As usual she was thinking of you, Stop reflecting back to that day.
It is really a waste of your time and your
energy, that you could be sharing with your family.
Merry Christmas to you all.
I sincerely hope you can forgive yourself, and move on into the rest of your life.
Unconditional love goes on forever. Yours and her's.

Be kind to yourself, don't forget she didn't want you to go because you were
Very Pregnant. You did not do anything
wrong. Your Grandmother raised you, and you loved her very much. What do you think she would say, if she was able to tell you ? She might say to you
Susanna Rose
"Why have you been doing this for so many years,what a waste of time, punishing yourself for something you didn't do"? You need to think back to the day and remember what your
Grandmother said to you.

Precious memories
But forgive yourself once and for all,
Share your story with your Children and Grandchildren. Tell them about all the
Happy Memories you have probably pushed to the back of your mind the very special memories that no one can take away from you.
The unconditional love
She shared with you. You did the same to her.
She never felt bad about you. not being
with her. As usual she was thinking of you, Stop reflecting back to that day.
It is really a waste of your time and your
energy, that you could be sharing with your family.
Merry Christmas to you all.
I sincerely hope you can forgive yourself, and move on into the rest of your life.
Unconditional love goes on forever. Yours and her's.

My mum passed in April 1975 when I was just 14. Her last Christmas present to me was very large Humphrey B Bear that I had seen at our local newsagents. She saw my face when I saw it and she put money down on it that day to make sure I got it for Christmas. I was so excited Christmas morning. I still have it in our back room and I'm now 62.

My oldest Christmas memory is also the strongest.
I was 7, and mum got me and my older siblings ready to surprise my dad at his work (a hospital, dad was a senior nurse) with a visit. It was Dec 21st, 1962. When we arrived, some of his workmates took mum aside, and we were entertained by other staff. Later us kids were collected by a relative, not sure what was happening. Soon our mum arrived at my aunts, only to tell us that dad had died. I didn't really understand at the time, but he had suffered a heart attack, and doctors on staff couldn't save him, they tried for ages. His funeral was on the 23rd.
I still remember it like it was yesterday and cannot believe how mum got through it, with 5 kids under 12 years of age.

My oldest Christmas memory is also the strongest.
I was 7, and mum got me and my older siblings ready to surprise my dad at his work (a hospital, dad was a senior nurse) with a visit. It was Dec 21st, 1962. When we arrived, some of his workmates took mum aside, and we were entertained by other staff. Later us kids were collected by a relative, not sure what was happening. Soon our mum arrived at my aunts, only to tell us that dad had died. I didn't really understand at the time, but he had suffered a heart attack, and doctors on staff couldn't save him, they tried for ages. His funeral was on the 23rd.
I still remember it like it was yesterday and cannot believe how mum got through it, with 5 kids under 12 years of age.
Your mum must be a strong loving woman merry christmas🌹

Reactions: Jersey Girl
I remember a train trip to Sydney with mum, brother and sister. We were travelling this way and dad would meet us down there. My poor mother. A 2 berth sleeper and 3 kids, I was probably about 11 going on 12, my brother 8 and my sister 4. Step 1 keep us entertained in a small space, no we couldn’t leave the room. I got to sleep on the floor. Waking mum up in the middle of the night because the toilet was leaking and I was soaked. A very sleepy conductor, who eventually came and shut off the water. Moving rooms, settling us all again. Waking in the morning with my brother and I asking miss 4 what was wrong with her face. Miss 4 had the mumps down 1 side of her face.
We were off to stay at grandmas, and my aunt uncle and cousins were coming from Canberra to stay as well.
What happened after this I really don’t remember but the train trip is forever stuck in my head….. Unless of course this was also the trip mum dad and 3 kids drove my grandfather‘s 1955 Black Vauxhall Velux home, because he no longer drove, my grandma didn‘t drive, and mum was going to learn to drive, because public transport in Brisbane (1960’s) was minimal especially in the newer outer surburbs.
Heatwave, 3 kids in backseat, stuff everywhere, no aircon, no radio, sticky leather seats, wind down windows, car breakdown, you name it, it happened.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I remember a train trip to Sydney with mum, brother and sister. We were travelling this way and dad would meet us down there. My poor mother. A 2 berth sleeper and 3 kids, I was probably about 11 going on 12, my brother 8 and my sister 4. Step 1 keep us entertained in a small space, no we couldn’t leave the room. I got to sleep on the floor. Waking mum up in the middle of the night because the toilet was leaking and I was soaked. A very sleepy conductor, who eventually came and shut off the water. Moving rooms, settling us all again. Waking in the morning with my brother and I asking miss 4 what was wrong with her face. Miss 4 had the mumps down 1 side of her face.
We were off to stay at grandmas, and my aunt uncle and cousins were coming from Canberra to stay as well.
What happened after this I really don’t remember but the train trip is forever stuck in my head….. Unless of course this was also the trip mum dad and 3 kids drove my grandfather‘s 1955 Black Vauxhall Velux home, because he no longer drove, my grandma didn‘t drive, and mum was going to learn to drive, because public transport in Brisbane (1960’s) was minimal especially in the newer outer surburbs.
Heatwave, 3 kids in backseat, stuff everywhere, no aircon, no radio, sticky leather seats, wind down windows, car breakdown, you name it, it happened.
🤣merry Christmas hope you have a good one this year.🎅

You can't get back time

It was 1950 and times were hard after the War with rationing and shortage of food. Christmas presents were going to be a second hand doll with clothes knitted from wool unraveled from my Mum's old jumper. At our village school I saw a beautiful brand new brown teddy bear behind a glass case. I was so excited and prayed hard to Baby Jesus and Santa for him to be mine. I even name him Wilfred. I told everyone he was coming to me at Christmas.
The others laughed and the Headmistress told me he was the prize in the village Whist Drive . (A card game popular in the UK). Every day I spoke with him and told him all the fun we would have. I blew him kisses as I left school each afternoon. My parents and grandparents got so frustrated telling me that they might not win the competition but I said I had spoken with Baby Jesus and I sang Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and Silent Night to him nonstop.
Every night I could hear Mum, Dad, Nan and Grandad playing whist in the kitchen and arguing loudly. Then school broke up for Christmas and the big Whist game was on Christmas Eve. The whole village adult population turned up to play. I was so excited despite my parents warning me that Wilfred might be going to someone else. I went to bed, tucked in by a neighbour's daughter who was babysitting.
Christmas morning, I woke in the dark (well it was winter in England). I felt my Santa sack and there was the doll with her rainbow coloured dress, an orange, Mum had queued an hour for and some lollies bought with rationed coupons. No Wilfred!
I cried broken heartedly. My Nan came in and said, " Stop crying. It is Christmas!" I couldn't speak for sobbing. "Oh look!", Nan said. "Something has dropped off your bed." It was Wilfred!!!!
My Mum and Dad had defeated Nan and Granddad in the final round of the Whist competition! He was mine. Mum later said they just had to win because they and Baby Jesus could not bear hearing me sing "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer" one more time. Wilfred proved that prayers can be answered and even though I am now 80 I still think of that as the best Christmas ever.
Oh I love this story so much 💖💖💖💖