Hi,
Just joined - hoping to get lots of great advice now I’m “old”
Cheers Sue
Welcome to the SDC community Sue! Pleasure to have you on board! We would love to get to know you better! Can you share a little bit about yourself? :) Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello, I'm new
Thank you for joining us @zigfield ! Welcome to the SDC community! Do you have any hobbies or interests that you're keen on exploring here? Please feel free to jump into any conversation or start your own thread - we're all here to support and engage with each other. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

HI. I'M TRISH. NEW TO THIS SO STILL FINDING MY WAY. I LOST MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND OF 64 YEARS IN 2020. I HAVE 2 GOOD SONS, ONE OF WHOM LIVES WITH ME. THE OTHER KEEPS IN REGULAR TOUCH. MY HOME, WHICH MY HUSBAND BUILT, IS IN NORTHERN NSW NEAR THE OCEAN. I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BLACK AND WHITE KELPIE WHO IS AFFECTIONATE AND A GOOD GUARD DOG.
Welcome to the SDC community Trish! Thank you for joining us! I am very sorry to hear about your husband, but I'm glad to hear you have your two sons around. ❤️ And of course, your kelpie! :) Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi I am Heather happily married with grown up Children Grandchildren & Great Granchildren. My Hobbies are many. I enjoy reading , travel, knitting, crochet, tapestry and lately diamond painting. I live in SA in a small Country Town.
Thank you for joining us Heather! Welcome to the SDC community! Must be lots of fun with a lot of family around! Oh, thank you for sharing your different hobbies with us! If you would like, you can share some of your projects in the Craft Corner forum. We also have a Travel forum you may want to explore. And if you like reading, you may want to contribute a recommendation in this thread. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi glad to be on board. Hoping for some discounted prices in my area.
Welcome to the SDC community @Ashleigh093 ! Thankyou for joining us! If you're looking for discounts and deals, you've come to the right place! You may want to start with our Deals, Discounts and Bargains forum. If there's anything else you'd like to ask us about, we've got a bunch of very helpful here. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Thank you for your welcome. Just had surgery a few weeks ago and have not been keeping up with things as I normally would, except for wordle 😉. Will interact more soon, at present getting the feel of the place and members' and their opinions. Maybe should add I'm pretty private and though I may not post much I'm still noting what's going on.
Hi @Daibhin ! We hope you feel better soon! Don't worry too much about interacting in the forum. You can always do that when you're comfortable! We're here for you if you need anything! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi. I’m listed as a new member but I’m not. I don’t know what happened, whether I logged off or what but I could only log back on with another user name. What I would like to do is have the original user name but don’t know how to do this. Can you help?
Hi @Hollingworthlake ! Can you kindly send an email to [email protected] so I can assist you better! Looking forward to hearing back from you! Cheers!

Hi happy to be here
Thank you for joining us @Cathy W ! It's absolutely lovely to have you join our community. I hope you find this place as welcoming and fun as we aim to make it. Is there anything specific you're interested in exploring here? Whether it be hobbies, deals, or just having a bit of a chat, we've got a little something for everyone. Feel free to share a bit about yourself. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

HI There! I'm not in Australia right now. How is your winter? I'm in the tropics but I love winter. ❤️
Welcome to the SDC community @Annabel Davis ! Thank you for joining us! Sounds like you're aways on holiday! We hope you're having fun there! if you're comfortable, you may also want to share your travel photos in the Travel forum. :) Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi my name is Diggy, I'm an octogenarian rapper (my carer said I shouldn't make such false claims) but at my age who gives a whatsit?
Now to reality - I love being online but getting access to online stuff is getting complicated and even, you won't believe it, expensive.
It would be good if this noble & august organisation which has, surprisingly, just accepted me as a member (I usually prescribe to Groucho Marx's dictum not to join clubs which deign to accept me as a member) could persistently lobby Telstra to provide pensioners (of all kinds) with discounts.
Happy Pensioning, All
Welcome to the SDC community Diggy! Thank you for joining us! You can be whatever you want! I believe you! :giggle: You may want to start with our Deals, Discounts and Bargain forum because I agree, everything's becoming very expensive! Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi there i am a new member
Welcome to the SDC community @Leonie_noble ! It's lovely to have you join us. 😊 I'm sure you'll find tons of interesting information and lots of friendly, like-minded people here who are also excited to say hello. Since you're just getting started, is there anything particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps hobbies, travel tips, or maybe some cooking recipes? Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi everybody. I am David.
Thank you for joining us David! Welcome to the SDC community! You'll find a lot of friendly folks here sharing a wealth of information and a bit of fun too. Since you're just getting started, is there anything in particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps a hobby or something new you'd like to learn about? If you're into a bit of light-hearted entertainment, you might enjoy our Jokes & Fun subforum for a good chuckle. Feel free to share a bit about your interests or what you're hoping to find on the forum. It'll help me point you in the right direction. Looking forward to getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Thanks Tricia, my interests are reading, cooking when I’m able and loving my little dog 🐶 Evie.
Hi @Toula ! If you're interested in cooking, you may want to check new recipes in the Cooking/Recipes forum. You just might want to also share your own! :giggle: We also have a thread on book recommendations you may want to look into! See you around in the forums! PS: Kisses to Evie please!

Good afternoon

Thanks for accepting me. I live in Canberra.

I am a retired podiatrist receptionist and am enjoying my retirement knitting, crocheting reading and gardening at the moment as we are in lock down.

I love to travel when I can and am looking forward to seeing more of the world when I can.

Stay safe and well everyone.

PS Comet is our dog!!!!
Thank you for letting me join hi I’m Danise

Hi everyone, My name is Carol. I lost my beloved soul-mate of 36 and 1/2 years, 3 years ago this June, & I'm still unable to accept or process that he's gone, but I have my faith & that brings me comfort. I have 2 kidlings & 5 grandkidlings, all of whom I love dearly. I love watching them all grow up & I love spoiling them rotten!! I also have a lovely puppy, Bella, who's 5 and 1/2 years old & is a Staffie cross Bull Arab & weighs around 35 kilos. She loves people, but when she barks to say hello, she's very intimidating & so people keep their distance. This works well when door to door sales people are roaming the streets & knocking at my door!! Each day it's Bella who keeps me going, as I know I have to look after her & give her the best life possible. She sticks to me like glue, & on more than one occasion she has managed to unceremoniously kick me out of bed when she stretches out fully!! Bella is a gentle giant without a mean bone in her body. I love all the puzzles & information in your newsletters, & I look forward to being involved with the SDC. Many blessings.....

Reactions: Littleboy8
HI I'm a new member, msheff. I enjoy the company of 2 little Bichon puppies & love taking them for walks. I also enjoy gardening .