Hi all, thanks for the invite, my name is Arthur, I,m 86 , I help my wife breed and show dogs,
Welcome to the SDC community Arthur! Thank you for joining us! Oooh...we would love to see photos of these dogs if you'd like to share! :) Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you're keen on exploring here? Whether it's cooking, gardening, or perhaps even photography, there's a spot for everyone. Feel free to jump into any conversation or start your own thread - we're all here to support and engage with each other. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Just joining. I am not sure how well I will fit into this as although working much less these days due to Dictator Dan's lockdowns before he took his pension and 'p' off. I was also very disappointed with my Association for their very weak defense of peoples rights to think for themselves. We have two sons and a daughter and collectively they have given us ten 'grandchildren'. The oldest just got engaged and the youngest is now three going on thirty. We live just out of Echuca on a few acres with a gully and some redgum trees that play home to a few possums and some Squirrel Gliders - cute little fellows that I have spent many hours building accommodation for, only to have many taken over by bees. Still, I guess they need accommodation as well. Enough said for now. But this site looks like I could 'waste' some time on.
Welcome to the SDC community @Sanderaesimmies ! Pleasure to have you on board! Also, thank you for sharing all these details about yourself! Must be very busy with all this family around! Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

SQNLDR PAUL FALCONER-WEST, RAAF Ret’d​

After 3.5 years in the South Australia Squadron Air Training Corps(1965-68), I joined the RAAF’s Diploma Cadet Squadron at RAAF Base Frognall in Melbourne, Victoria on 13Jan1969 as an aeronautical engineering cadet to study at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.

On graduation in December 1972 I was appointed as an Armament Engineering Officer in the RAAF Engineering Branch. My first appointment was at No 3 Squadron, RAAF, Air Base Butterworth, Malaysia in December 1973for two and a half years. For the rest of my permanent RAAF career I carried out various engineering posts at RAAF Base Kingswood NSW, RAAF Base Williamtown NSW, RAAF Base Amberley QLD, Headquarters Support Command Victoria and Air Force Office in Canberra ACT.

A change in careers in 1991 to become the Quality Assurance Engineer at West Australian Petroleum Pty Ltd in Perth Western Australia. On being made redundant in 1995 I took up Quality Assurance Manager/Welding Engineer role at SDR Construction in Kwinana, Western Australia. In 1996 I moved into Clough Engineering as Quality Assurance Engineer, and Baulderstone Clough Joint Venture as Quality, Safety and Environmental Manager for ISO9001:1994 Quality Systems for WA projects and on the City Northern Bypass Project. On being made redundant after achieving the ISO 9001 Certification for the tunnel construction in 1997, I took on the Project Quality, Safety & Environment Engineer role for Macmahon Contractors(WA) at the Yandi Minesite, Pilbara.

Unfortunately, after only three days at the mine site my wife died on 26 February 1998. I flew back to Perth to raise my six children on my own(three at High School and three at Primary School).

I joined the RAAF Active Reserve in June 1998 and appointed as Base Redevelopment Officer at RAAF Pearce, then Senior Engineering Officer at No 25(City of Perth) Squadron on 9 November 1999. I also had a secondary appointment of Unit Occupational Health and Safety Adviser. Changed secondary appointment in 2002 to be the Air Force Liaison Officer for No 7 Wing Australian Air Force Cadets and then appointed solely as the AFLO-7WGAAFC 2004-2011.

On 21 March 2011 began Quality and Safety Manager for Lockheed Martin’s provision of

19 Pilatus PC-21 aircraft for the 130SQN Republic of Singapore Air Force Basic Wings

Course. On 27 April 2015 transferred to Facilities Co-ordinator role.

Continued Air Force Reserve service as 25SQN/Auxiliary ADF Instructor for No 7 Wing Australian Air Force Cadets, and Pearce Flying Club RAAF Liaison Officer. Ceased both roles on 13Jul16 after 46.5 years of RAAF service on age retirement.

RETIRED on resignation, 20Nov17, from Lockheed Martin Australia Pty Ltd at RAAF Base
Pearce.

Now a Volunteer Aircraft Guide at the RAAF Association of WA’s Aviation Heritage Museum at Bullcreek in Perth Western Australia. Stillo flying with the Pearce Flying Club and taking aerial photos of the Ocean Reef Marian Upgrade for the Joondalup RSL Sub-Branch.

Attachments

• IMG_3784 FA-18B Hornet A21-101 at the Aviation Heritage Museum Bull Crk.JPG
    IMG_3784 FA-18B Hornet A21-101 at the Aviation Heritage Museum Bull Crk.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5282 Going   Home.JPG
    IMG_5282 Going Home.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5559 Leaving Ocean Reef Marina for Jandakot.JPG
    IMG_5559 Leaving Ocean Reef Marina for Jandakot.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3978 7WGAAFC Dining In Night.JPG
    IMG_3978 7WGAAFC Dining In Night.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7738 SQNLDR Paul Falconer-West.JPG
    IMG_7738 SQNLDR Paul Falconer-West.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi, I’m new, is any from España in the club , thank you
Welcome to the SDC community @Eva Gonzalez ! Pleasure to have you on board! Can you tell us a little bit more about yourself? We would love to get to know you better! Also, please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too. Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi everyone, thanks for asking me aboard.👍
Welcome to the SDC community @Trakkaware ! Pleasure to have on board! Do you have any hobbies or interests that you're keen on exploring here? Whether it's cooking, gardening, or perhaps even photography, there's a spot for everyone. Feel free to jump into any conversation or start your own thread - we're all here to support and engage with each other. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

SQNLDR PAUL FALCONER-WEST, RAAF Ret’d​

After 3.5 years in the South Australia Squadron Air Training Corps(1965-68), I joined the RAAF’s Diploma Cadet Squadron at RAAF Base Frognall in Melbourne, Victoria on 13Jan1969 as an aeronautical engineering cadet to study at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.

On graduation in December 1972 I was appointed as an Armament Engineering Officer in the RAAF Engineering Branch. My first appointment was at No 3 Squadron, RAAF, Air Base Butterworth, Malaysia in December 1973for two and a half years. For the rest of my permanent RAAF career I carried out various engineering posts at RAAF Base Kingswood NSW, RAAF Base Williamtown NSW, RAAF Base Amberley QLD, Headquarters Support Command Victoria and Air Force Office in Canberra ACT.

A change in careers in 1991 to become the Quality Assurance Engineer at West Australian Petroleum Pty Ltd in Perth Western Australia. On being made redundant in 1995 I took up Quality Assurance Manager/Welding Engineer role at SDR Construction in Kwinana, Western Australia. In 1996 I moved into Clough Engineering as Quality Assurance Engineer, and Baulderstone Clough Joint Venture as Quality, Safety and Environmental Manager for ISO9001:1994 Quality Systems for WA projects and on the City Northern Bypass Project. On being made redundant after achieving the ISO 9001 Certification for the tunnel construction in 1997, I took on the Project Quality, Safety & Environment Engineer role for Macmahon Contractors(WA) at the Yandi Minesite, Pilbara.

Unfortunately, after only three days at the mine site my wife died on 26 February 1998. I flew back to Perth to raise my six children on my own(three at High School and three at Primary School).

I joined the RAAF Active Reserve in June 1998 and appointed as Base Redevelopment Officer at RAAF Pearce, then Senior Engineering Officer at No 25(City of Perth) Squadron on 9 November 1999. I also had a secondary appointment of Unit Occupational Health and Safety Adviser. Changed secondary appointment in 2002 to be the Air Force Liaison Officer for No 7 Wing Australian Air Force Cadets and then appointed solely as the AFLO-7WGAAFC 2004-2011.

On 21 March 2011 began Quality and Safety Manager for Lockheed Martin’s provision of

19 Pilatus PC-21 aircraft for the 130SQN Republic of Singapore Air Force Basic Wings

Course. On 27 April 2015 transferred to Facilities Co-ordinator role.

Continued Air Force Reserve service as 25SQN/Auxiliary ADF Instructor for No 7 Wing Australian Air Force Cadets, and Pearce Flying Club RAAF Liaison Officer. Ceased both roles on 13Jul16 after 46.5 years of RAAF service on age retirement.

RETIRED on resignation, 20Nov17, from Lockheed Martin Australia Pty Ltd at RAAF Base
Pearce.

Now a Volunteer Aircraft Guide at the RAAF Association of WA’s Aviation Heritage Museum at Bullcreek in Perth Western Australia. Stillo flying with the Pearce Flying Club and taking aerial photos of the Ocean Reef Marian Upgrade for the Joondalup RSL Sub-Branch.
Thank you for joining us @BigglesWA ! Welcome to the SDC community! Also, thank you for sharing all of these details about yourself! I'm glad to hear you still get to fly even after retirement! Oh, those aerial photos must be stunning! Please feel free to share the if you'd like! Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello everyone. I'm excited to know all of you.Look forward to some great moments. Cheers
Thank you for joining us @Paul Selvadurai ! It's absolutely lovely to have you join our community. I hope you find this place as welcoming and fun as we aim to make it. Is there anything specific you're interested in exploring here? Whether it be hobbies, deals, or just having a bit of a chat, we've got a little something for everyone. Feel free to share a bit about yourself. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello I live in Country Victoria near the Great Ocean Road area
Welcome to the SDC community @Janinejackson ! It's lovely to have you join us. 😊 I'm sure you'll find tons of interesting information and lots of friendly, like-minded people here who are also excited to say hello. Since you're just getting started, is there anything particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps hobbies, travel tips, or maybe some cooking recipes? Please check our different forums and you just might find something! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi there it's me Dante Estrella a new member of senior Australian Citizen club from Victoria Melbourne
Thank you for joining us @Dante1957 ! Welcome to the SDC community! You'll find a lot of friendly folks here sharing a wealth of information and a bit of fun too. Since you're just getting started, is there anything in particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps a hobby or something new you'd like to learn about? If you're into a bit of light-hearted entertainment, you might enjoy our Jokes & Fun subforum for a good chuckle. Feel free to share a bit about your interests or what you're hoping to find on the forum. It'll help me point you in the right direction. Looking forward to getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Gday to all! Im Sally from Sydney. Im glad to meet you here and share our stories.
Hello Sally, and a very warm welcome to the Seniors Discount Club! 😊 It's fantastic to have you here with us. We're all about fostering a great community where folks can share, learn, and have a good laugh. Do you have any particular interests or hobbies you're keen to explore more about? Whether it's cooking, photography, or anything else, there's a good chance you'll find like-minded individuals here. Feel free to dive into any discussions that catch your eye, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome aboard! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi 👋, my name is Chris (Christine), I'm new here :)
Welcome to the SDC community Christine! Thank you for joining us. We would love to get to know you better! Do you have any hobbies or interests you're keen on exploring? We've got something for everyone! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need help navigating the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!