December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, and IGA, OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter. All we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift. It can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parents surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We can't wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

A camera I got from my parents when I was young, it gave years of fun and helped me learn from the mistakes I made taking photos.

My wife is a mad keen Comper. If there's an on-line Competition going anywhere in Australia, get in her way at your own risk!.... Anyway, 8 years ago, she entered a 'Secret Santa' giveaway competition run by The Good Guys; long story short - she won a Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet computer for me.
Talk about a Win/Win scenario; I got a genuinely brilliant gift (still use it today, occasionally for Seniors Discount Club photography on Product Comparisons:sneaky:) and she got to brag high and low to all her Facebook Friends!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 36325

The best Christmas gift I ever received was my life...So on December 10th, 2009, I was taken to hospital by ambulance as I couldn't breathe. On December 24th, I was woken up by the doctors, and that year I was their Christmas miracle. I had pneumonia, and it got complicated with 3 antibiotics that I was apparently allergic to, so they had to put me into an induced coma....they didn't expect me to live at all...I'd had 5 NDE's, and I remember 3 very clearly...so, my life was not only a Christmas miracle, it was the best gift I've ever received....

Reactions: Chez1611
My most memorable christmas gift came in the form of me finding my mother's ring in a fish that I had bought home from Fiji after spending some time with my family after attending my brother's funeral in 1994. It was the day after his funeral that my mother dicovered her wedding ring was missing. Long story short. We searched high and low for her ring to now avail. Two weeks after I returned I took out the fish that my mum had packed for me . I went to slice the fish when I caught sight of something glittering inside the fish mouth. It was my mum's ring. I didnt tell my mum straightaway but waited till i got home for Christmas that year and then I suprised her while we had breakfast on christmas eve. She was overjoyed but my dad was upset because she had not told my dad and that was the first he had heard about it. She had lied and told my dad that it no longer fit when in reality, she had no ring. But the joy on mums face was priceless!
She told me later. That ring hadnt cost much as my dad was still a medical student when he proposed but of all her pieces of jewellery he bought later. She always treasured her ring- a simple 9 carat gold band.

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

It was Christmas 1974. I had just turned 12. My family had moved into a house. Before that we lived in a 2 bedroom unit, my 2 sisters and myself shared a room and we weren't allowed pets. Moving to a new house, we all got our own bedroom and a German Shepherd puppy.. I was absolutely the cow that jumped over the moon. Definitely a Christmas I will never forget!!

My most memorable Christmas gift happened yesterday with the birth of my second grandson. Nothing could bring more joy to us this Christmas than sharing it with my son, his partner and their first born son. Family is everything and we will all be together this year and experience their happiness as he joins the family celebration ❤️

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik. [/CAP

The best Christmas present every year had been to watch the kids and adults unwrap their presents and get that surprise on what they got. But unfortunately now is so different because the main 2 people that would make our Christmas, my mum and dad. They have passed away, but I still make 2 spots at the Christmas table. Then we would talk about when mum and dad were hear and have a laugh on tricks my dad would play on the kids and play with them and their toys. While mum and I would get the food ready. I will always have these great memories and pass them onto my grandkids, so they know how special their great grandparents were.

Reactions: Littleboy8
My wonderfully xmas present when the salvation army turned up. And I got a doll. It was so great. Cause we never had toys.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

My beautiful little boy arrived six weeks early on Christmas Eve - whilst we had just moved into a brand new house only a week before and was a stressful time - his birth reminded me how blessed we were and put all things into perspective. And at nearly 45 he is still my beautiful boy!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: samijanJP
It was Christmas Eve. I was 2 weeks overdue and had been in labour for at least 15 hours when in came some Carollers and with them was Santa.
I burst into tears and Santa said that he doesn’t usually get people crying at seeing him.
It was an incredibly emotional moment. My labour continued until 12.41am Christmas morning when my beautiful 8lb 3oz baby girl was born.
An amazing Christmas 🎄

• Love
Reactions: samijanJP
I was born not only 2 days after Christmas [27.12.1942] but most wonderful of all, on my mum's 21st birthday!! She gave me 25 yrs of the most wonderful, wonderful memories any little Wiradjuri girl could ever wish for. x

I must have been about 6 when I woke up on Christmas morning to find a string tied to my bedhead which I had to follow along a corridor in to the living room with a large Christmas tree and the string was attached to my present....a Chevrolet car. A toy one of course. It was a blue pedal car ,very shiny . with chrome bumper bars and imitation headlights and a number plate I still remember CY000. It was made by the Cyclops Company.What a fabulous Christmas that was and what trouble my family had gone to in setting it all up. I will never forget it (I'm 86 now). I must have put up at least 100,000 miles in that car (so it seems) and I was still using it till I reached double figures.A most memorable Christmas for me.

I think my most memorable present was a dolls pram when I was about 5 or 6. We never got toys that I can remember. We usually got a new dress and plastic sandals. Never forgotten it.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

The most exciting Christmas present I can ever remember getting was a doll when I was only about 5 or 6 years old. My parents struggled to buy presents for 5 children so to get a doll was the best thing. Hope you all have a merry Christmas.

My favourite Christmas was 1966. As a family 0f 5 kids at the time we received a swing set for all of us.
I also received a netball ball to use with the hoop that was attached to the swings. It was great to have something of my very own.

Many years ago, I received a book, it's title eludes me now, but I read that book from cover to cover , it was the only book I had, I knew it by heart, a book about a pilot it was and I kept it for years till it disappeared when I was away training to be a mothercraft nurse. Wish I still had it. At least my kids had no shortage of books to read.

i

My favourite Christmas present was my blue bike when I was six, I had gone in for a heart operation when I was five and a half and although money was tight, my mother had saved and I would imagine shrimp to buy me a bike for Christmas. We had a coal shed in the courts where we lived, there wasn't any coal in there as we had it in the coal shoot in the flat, but my beautiful bike was in there waiting for me to ride around the courts on Christmas day. I don't remember if it had training wheels or if it did how long they were on for but I was out riding around for hours up and down the courts. I was still living in England at the time. The only time I couldn't ride it was when it was snowing.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

The best Christmas yet sad that I ever had with my family was when all my brothers and sisters (7) with their children arranged to attend. This had never occurred as some family members did live interstate. The reason for this miraculous occasion was our father was terminally ill.
So it was so amazing for us to be all together, especially for my father - the best present of all.

Reactions: Littleboy8