SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
December Competition: The Final Competition Of The Year!

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It's a very easy competition to enter, all we want to hear is...

What was your most exciting Christmas present and why?

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

We cannot wait to read all of your comments! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

4538001.jpg
What was your most exciting Christmas present and why? Image source: FreePik.

G'Day members!

It's time for the FINAL SDC Competition of the year... The winner of this competition will win a $100 voucher to Coles, Woolworths, IGA OR they can select a $100 voucher to any store on Prezzee.

We will draw the winner on this competition on December 21st, so they get their voucher before Christmas!

It doesn't have to be a material gift, it can be absolutely anything! Maybe a friend treated you to a delicious meal? Maybe a child of yours was born? Maybe your parent surprised you by coming home for Christmas? It could be anything... Just tell us the most exciting Christmas you have ever received and why!

View attachment 36325

The most exciting present I ever received was when I was about 4 yrs old. My older sister had been teaching me to read as we had lots of books and I wanted to be able to read them for myself. When Christmas came my sister had bought me some books of my own, not baby reading books but proper books and I was thrilled to death to receive them.

The most exciting present I ever received was when I was about 4 yrs old. My older sister had been teaching me to read as we had lots of books and I wanted to be able to read them for myself. When Christmas came my sister had bought me some books of my own, not baby reading books but proper books and I was thrilled to death to receive them.
Barbie dolls for me and beautiful outfits that mum always made for the dolls and my two sisters and myself.😍

The most wonderful present I received was a stuffed grey teddy bear. We did not live very well at the time. In fact we struggled just to put food on the plates but when Mum and Dad gave me this teddy bear I thought it was the most wonderful present in the world. I would have been around 6 years old. The only trouble was I kept pulling the stuffing out of it and Dad would always put the stuffing back and sow it up. He asked me once why do you do that? I said to him "To see where the bear's heart is" He thought that was very funny. Even to this day I can remember that bear and how much I loved him.

My husb

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

[/CAR

Reactions: Babybird
My husband and I decided to gift ourselves a quiet Christmas Day all to ourselves. We took a picnic lunch of prawns and bubbly and found a shady tree on a deserted beach on a perfect day and drifted the day away. Perfect. I’ll always remember that gift.

G'Day members!

View attachment 36325

My most exciting Christmas present was the arrival of our second child that was predicted due on christmas day.
He came 5 days early....maybe he didn't want to wait all year for chrissy presents.
So we were in and out of hospital in time to enjoy Christmas at home with our new family.Instead of being in labour

I have always wanted a windmill in my back yard. 8 yrs ago on my 70th Christmas Day, a very heavy large package was delivered to me. On opening, it was strange pieces of metal. As my husband is a toolmaker, I called him and he denied ownership. He said look closer, I then saw the round piece of metal and the penny clicked. I had my Windmill at Last. It is about 6ft tall and following the wind direction as it spins slowly and very fast. It is only ornamental, but my beautiful husband remembers what I had said many many years ago. What a man. We celebrated 56yrs of marriage this year and we still love each other, come rain or shine, and MY WINDMILL.

I have always wanted a windmill in my back yard. 8 yrs ago on my 70th Christmas Day, a very heavy large package was delivered to me. On opening, it was strange pieces of metal. As my husband is a toolmaker, I called him and he denied ownership. He said look closer, I then saw the round piece of metal and the penny clicked. I had my Windmill at Last. It is about 6ft tall and following the wind direction as it spins slowly and very fast. It is only ornamental, but my beautiful husband remembers what I had said many many years ago. What a man. We celebrated 56yrs of marriage this year and we still love each other, come rain or shine, and MY WINDMILL.
Aw that’s a beautiful story hope you have many more years to come.🌹😍

Mine has to be 1999 . My son was due on Christmas day .

I had just finished my final exam Asian Pacific Studies and very heavily pregnant and decided on the following Sunday the 19th to have a BBQ to celebrate, half way through preparing the sides I started getting contractions which quickly sped up, we had to leave everyone and go to the hospital. My son was born 45 minutes after the first contraction.

I stayed in hospital for one day and Was able to get home for all the preparations for Xmas day. He was number 10 . On Xmas day when we asked our kids what was their favourite present they all said at the same time Ben .

Last edited:
When I lived in N.Z coming home for Christmas and seeing my Mother and large family. Being apart was heart breaking and the joy to see them was over whelming. And now my mother has passed away on Christmas eve, its always special to remember that trip in my heart.

My best Xmas gift was a gollwog made out of a black sock with buttons for its eyes I was 3yrs old and it was war time and money was not something to spend on gifts.i had it for 15yrs and somehow lost it but have many happy memories.
I had a golliwog too, sadly they were deemed racist and banned

I loved golliwogs never had one though😁
I had mine along with my first doll, packed away in the attic, then one day when I was at work and we had a clean up hubby threw the bag out along with so many other things I wanted kept, including 2 very large bags of my kids dress up cloths , every colour fairy dresses, police, fireman ect

Last edited:
I had mine along with my first doll, packed away in the attic, then one day when I was at work and we had a clean up hubby through the bag out along with so many other things I wanted kept, including 2 very large bags of my kids dress up cloths , every colour fairy dresses, police, fireman ect
😢that sucks

My Favourite Christmas Present.

It was the year 1966 about September. My brother and I were living with our Foster Family, (Mum Dad and their two boys around the same age as myself and my brother.)

One day we went to the Toy Shop and we could choose any toy we wanted.

After much deliberations my brother and foster brothers chose to share an electric race car set; with cars for all three of them.

I also wanted a car but I was ‘encouraged’ to purchase something more feminine, so I chose a farm set that included the animals, building and fences you could put together.

Although I liked the farm set my brothers knew I was disappointed that I couldn’t have a racing car.

Christmas morning 1966, I opened one of my presents and there it was, a bright shiny green race car.
My brothers knew my favourite colour was green.

They had pooled their pocket money they received from doing chores to buy it for me.

I was just so happy and my brothers included me in their racing games.

Because I was with my foster family at the time, which was the happiest year of my childhood, the racing car has a very special place in my heart and always will.

It was the BEST present EVER.

Submitted by Carol Shaw