Start off the way you mean to finish.
Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Start off the way you mean to finish
Great advice from my husband to my children which they always remember and try to follow.

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270

View attachment 6270

Never assume that a left indicator that’s flashing means the driver is about to turn left…it simply means the indicator is working and might have been left on from the previous turn. Wait for the car to turn before driving out in front of it. 🤔 50 years of following this valuable advice from my driving instructor has prevented many driving accidents.

Best piece of advice. Always tidy up before going to bed. Tidy the lounge and wipe crumbs from tables left after dinner or snacks. prep breakfast and put in fridge. Wash dishes and leave kitchen tidy. Go to bed and wake up to clean and tidy kitchen and lounge - no mess from yesterday - starting a new day with a clean slate and stress free breakfast ready to face any challenges un the new day.

My mum said "If you want to know how a man will treat you after you are married, just look at the way he treats his mother because that is how he will eventually treat you". Time proved her correct.

Following a devastating separation and divorce where bitter thoughts and plans circulated in my head I vowed to never do anything to another person that I would be ashamed of in the future. I have shared this many times with friends and family with positive results all round.

View attachment 6270
Image Credit:

I was told by an older wiser man, in the early 1970's before migrating to the Southern Hemespher "never go into a new business partnership, not even with your wife!" After a nasty divorce, that I did not see coming, the advise was so true! My marriage broke down, my business broke down and I broke down!