Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
You may not understand my decision but I respectfully ask you to accept it.

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270
Never buy things you can’t afford.

View attachment 6270
When was the LAST time you did something for the FIRST time?

View attachment 6270
My mother always said be a glass half full not a glass half empty. Sometimes hard to be positive but has always been there at the back of my mind.

Avoid feeling guilt! Guilt is a negative emotion. It has no place in our repertoire of emotions. It is only ever about someone manipulating you. Guilt is not the same as remorse which is genuine regret for doing something you wish you had not done (accidentally or otherwise). Guilt is a conflict between fear and joy. You fear not doing something because bad consequences will follow, such as someone disapproving of you (possibly the one manipulating you). The joy is about the relief you feel at not having to do that thing. Recognize when you are being manipulated and resist. Make conscious, willing choices about what you do. Even if it is not the most pleasant thing, do it not because you are "guilted" into it, but because you choose to. Your life will be happier.

My father (god rest his soul) always told myself and 4 siblings......
"As long as you learn a new thing each day, you've done your best!"

View attachment 6270

View attachment 6270
"Revenge is a dish best served cold". I have many regrets in my Life, most of which are all concerned with my hasty temper. It has taken me two thirds of my life to accept the wisdom of these words. So much damage is done by an uncontrolled reaction to an episode in one's life. There can be no putting it right afterwards. I have now come to accept these very wise words. More harm is done by the attempt to seek retribution via revenge, rather than taking a step back from the situation and trying to find a solution. Happy Pam

“Never let mugs worry you”.
Advice given to me as a young bloke from the best boss (Smithy) I ever had. I am long retired now. I have applied that through out my life and think of him every time. Super advice.
Kev.

View attachment 6270

View attachment 6270
Always be honest and never lie, ("unless they're terrorists or other evil person". Then say whatever you need to be set free).

Always being honest doesn't mean you always have to say everything. Being selective with your disclosure is not the same as being honest. Sometimes it's best to say nothing.

My father taught me if you don't have the money for what you want you don't need it now. It is better to save and appreciate what you buy when you have the funds in your hands. Best advice ever. No credit cards for me.