‘The perfect combo’—discover Bindi Irwin's exciting new adventure with Bluey!

Bindi Irwin, the beloved Australian conservationist and daughter of the late Steve Irwin, has recently announced an unexpected twist in her career path.

Known for her passionate work at the Australia Zoo, the 25-year-old is now venturing into a new realm that has captured the hearts of many Australians.

On Wednesday, 28 February, Bindi revealed that she is teaming up with the popular children's cartoon, Bluey, to narrate an audiobook titled The Creek for the Bluey Book Reads series.

Bindi took to social media to share the news, posting a picture of herself with the caption: 'Introducing The Creek, read by Bindi Irwin.’

compressed-Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 9.44.28 AM.jpeg
Bindi Irwin will narrate a Bluey Book Reads audiobook. Credit: @officialblueytv / Instagram

‘Watch the full read on Bluey TV,' followed by the hashtag #BlueyBookReads.

She also expressed affection for the show's characters, writing, 'Love you Bluey and Bingo!'

The announcement was met with an outpouring of excitement from fans, who were thrilled to see Bindi branching into this new area.

One fan commented, 'Crossover of a lifetime, are you kidding me? I am so excited.'

Another chimed in with, 'WHAT? The perfect combo!'

‘OK, definitely need the Irwin’s on Bluey!’ wrote a third.

Interestingly, Bindi isn't the first Irwin to have a connection with Bluey.

Her brother, Robert Irwin, previously lent his voice to the character of Alfie in an episode titled The Quiet Game.

'It would be cool if we get Alfie back for a future episode and have Bindi voice his sister!’ a fan wrote.

The Creek has already received positive feedback from parents.

One mum shared, 'My two-year-old daughter, who is obsessed with Bluey, LOVES these!’

‘Watched The Creek today and can't wait for the next one.'

Another fan expressed how Bindi, much like her parents, Steve and Terri Irwin, is now playing a role in raising the next generation.

‘(Bindi’s) parents “helped raise me” through the TV, and now she and Chandler are doing the same for the next generation!’ the fan said.

'Bindi, Bluey and Bingo, what a trio,' another noted.

Bindi's new venture comes shortly after she paid tribute to her father, Steve Irwin, on what would have been his 62nd birthday.

She shared a series of photos on social media, writing, 'Happy Birthday, dad. Your legacy will live on forever.'

Bindi and Steve posed with a kookaburra, while in another photo, she was sitting in a washing basket as Terri and Steve hung clothes out on the line.

‘What a beautiful legacy you and your family continue! Phenomenal,’ one follower wrote.

‘Happy Birthday, Steve! Such a great [blok]e and pleased your family are carrying on your legacy,’ wrote another.

Credit: @bindisueirwin / Instagram

In recent news, Robert also discussed the passing of his father weeks before his third birthday.

‘When you lose a father figure at such a young age, who’s such a commanding presence of positivity and everything that is good in the world, of course, all I want is for him to be here for me, to go, “What do you think about this, what do you think about that?” There are so many things I wish I could ask him on so many levels,’ he continued.

Steve Irwin, fondly known as the 'Crocodile Hunter,' tragically died in 2006 when a stingray's barb pierced his chest while filming an underwater documentary on The Great Barrier Reef.

His passion for wildlife conservation lives on through his family, who continue to work tirelessly at Australia Zoo.
Key Takeaways

• Bindi Irwin, daughter of the late Steve Irwin, has announced a new venture in narrating an audiobook for Bluey, a popular children's cartoon.
  • The audiobook named The Creek is part of the Bluey Book Reads series, and fans have expressed excitement about Bindi's involvement.
  • The post on Bindi's social media also paid tribute to her late father, acknowledging his legacy on what would have been his 62nd birthday.
  • Bindi's career move has been well-received, with fans suggesting an on-screen collaboration with Bluey and hoping to see the Irwin legacy continue with the younger generation.
What are your thoughts on Bindi's new venture? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
loved her Dad but I am so over the rest of the family. give us a break and she is not beloved in this house.

All in the language.
I believe there are many enterprises out there who would be more than happy to ride on the coat tails of the Irwin name.
It's a shame the conservation factor gets pushed in the background a little, but let's face it, there will never be another Steve Irwin. Without dad in the foreground, it just isn't the same.
I like what they do as far as preservation and conservation goes, but I think it is more the company driving that train rather than the Irwin siblings.
This is no different to other families except they are getting paid for the use of their father's legacy.

WOWEE! Something else from the Irwin dynasty I can ignore completely ...

Reactions: Jest