SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
White Patches On Cole Bread

Over the past six weeks I've noticed White patches on coles bread .

My married daughter has also complained of this.

She looked online and discovered others with this problem with one having a reply from Coles saying to take it back for a refund and they would look into it .
That was maybe 8 weeks ago and problem still exist.

This is happening with only the soft white toast and soft normal .

It's not happening with Coles high fibre or Coles wholemeal.
Yes we buy 3 different bread plus raisin bread and muffins

Screenshot_20230104-080039_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230104-080021_Gallery.jpg

White Patches On Cole Bread

Over the past six weeks I've noticed White patches on coles bread .

My married daughter has also complained of this.

She looked online and discovered others with this problem with one having a reply from Coles saying to take it back for a refund and they would look into it .
That was maybe 8 weeks ago and problem still exist.

This is happening with only the soft white toast and soft normal .

It's not happening with Coles high fibre or Coles wholemeal.
Yes we buy 3 different bread plus raisin bread and muffins

View attachment 11080View attachment 11081
that looks very much like the bread has been frozen. I've had this on bread from time to time. Also could be some sort of mould. I don't buy bread much anymore. Buy a bit of bakery stuff and Coles sour dough rolls but that is all

that looks very much like the bread has been frozen. I've had this on bread from time to time. Also could be some sort of mould. I don't buy bread much anymore. Buy a bit of bakery stuff and Coles sour dough rolls but that is all
This was bread that just got delivered . I've had the same problem for a number of weeks.

I've contacted Coles, sent them photos even asked if I could drop it off to them.
I've also read online post with others with the same problem

Reactions: Ricci and Abbee54
I think we all agree it is the start of mould. Coles have become terrible for either freezing products or putting products (such as fruit & veg) in ultra cold 'cool rooms'. I no longer buy my fruit & veg at Coles, sick of having to throw (waste) it. I have stopped buying their 'store baked' bakery items because they simply do not keep long at all. When you live alone it can become very expensive. I am trying to shop local. Too much foodstuff from overseas in our Supermarkets now, that could easily be sourced in Australia.

That looks... very unappetising.

Can anyone with baking experience speculate on what we might be looking at?
They’re obviously not mixing their batches long enough to mix all the ingredients properly. I have seen this before when working in a bakery, sometimes someone mixes “quick” batches in order to finish their shift, just saying ….

They’re obviously not mixing their batches long enough to mix all the ingredients properly. I have seen this before when working in a bakery, sometimes someone mixes “quick” batches in order to finish their shift, just saying ….
That actually sounds the best reason. I'm sure it's not mold. The bread is very soft n fresh but smells very yeasty

Surmise no further my dear friends of the SDC, as I have the answer to the bread query for all of you.
Tom O'Toole will answer the mysterious Coles bread mystery. He owns the Beechworth Bakery in Beechworth PLUS many others including Healesville Beechworth Bakery. You have NEVER met anyone like him. He has books for you to buy, videos et etc. This beautiful man has done it with so much challenge. He amazingly could not read, write etc & has come out so humbly to be loved by all. DO ring one of his Bakeries & you just MAY end up talking to him. He's such a lovely guy who will spill any secret as he is "right into what he has created." He travels around keeping his eye on his creation. You just ask for him. If he is there he will come out of hiding to talk to you personally or by phone. He believes knowledge should be shared. His books are so explanatory & are always on sale @ his Bakeries. Try his gorgeous cakes when you are on holidays or am lucky to be near one of his shops. They are NEVER empty especially the one @ Healesville & his favourite first @ Beechworth.

Reactions: Ricci