Positively Fourth Street - Bob Dylan (like most of Dylan’s stuff, the lyrics are on the money)
Ferry Across the Mersey - Gerry and the Pacemakers (Beautiful tune)
House of the Rising Sun - Eric Burden and the Animals
Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire (lyrics are very real. Protest song of the 1960’s)
Positively Fourth Street . desolation row . hard rain . mr tambourine man . like a rolling stone is good start . best line ever written "far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow"

Reactions: 68autobug
What's your favourite song?

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

View attachment 17405
Source: Pexels

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

View attachment 17405

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)
The Travelling Wilburys are awesome for a road trip. I love to sing along to all of their songs!

View attachment 17405

Love me tender by Elvis Presley

I have many favourite songs but one that means a lot was Leo Sayers When I need you, it was my wife and I's favourite song and we played it at our wedding dance in 1982

Bat out of Hell (Meatloaf) Halleluia (Cohen or Buckley) I say a little prayer (Aretha Franklin) She’s always a women to me (B Joel) Dead man’s curve (Brothers Osborn) Attics of my mind (Greatful Dead) Sweet child o, mine (Guns and Roses) The Boxer song (Simon & Garfunkel.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Leave the light on by Tom Walker.
Gives you Hope that there's some one
out there to help you.
Have a happy weekend.
The rhythm of my heart by Rod Stewart. I love the words and esp the music in it, gives .e goosebumps!!

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Simply the Best by Tina Turner, Unchained Melody, anything by Roy Orbison and The Three Tenors, Hot August Night by Neil Diamond.

I find a lot of pop and country/western songs enjoyable.

However you asked for absolute favourites. I would have to nominate two for differing reasons.

On a personal basis from memories:

"Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago"

From fond memories of an elderly retired English bank manager, a gentle instrumental:

"Elizabethan Serenade"

To him this was the ultimate at the end of listening to music.

For him this was time to end all (and usually head for bed)