Johnny Rivers "Summer Rain" and John Denver's " Somedays are Diamonds" are two on my favourites list.

A lot of the songs listed are great. I came across the song "you belong to me" by Patsy Cline definitely worth a listen.

In the late 50’s and 60’s my all time favourite singer was Cliff Richard , loved all his songs and much later in the late 80’s Cliff came to Toombul shopping centre on Brisbane’s Northside , it was pouring rain , but I was determined to see Cliff . I told my kids what I have been up to , I’m not sure if the believed me or not.
Later on I loved most of the 70’s and 80’s pop music like the Rolling Stones and later my all time favourite band is the Eagles and of course Hotel California as the favourite song . Glenn Fry was my favorite in the band , so sad he passed away in 2016, way too young.

Reactions: Virginie
Imagine - John Lennon has to be my all time favourite. I often wonder how many more beautiful songs he would have written if his life had not been cut short as it was

Reactions: Virginie
Applause by Sofia Carson , celebrating women’s self love .
From the Movie “Tell it like a woman “ 🤗

Reactions: Ricci
Running Bear by Johnny Preston, Anthem by Ball and Boe, Brothers in Arms by Ball and Boe in fact just about anything Ball and Boe have recorded. :)

What's your favourite song?

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

Source: Pexels

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! 

I loved Roy Orbison, he was my very favourite singer with "Crying" next would be Elvis singing Hawaiian Wedding Song"

I find a lot of pop and country/western songs enjoyable.

However you asked for absolute favourites. I would have to nominate two for differing reasons.

On a personal basis from memories:
"Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago"

From fond memories of an elderly retired English bank manager, a gentle instrumental:
"Elizabethan Serenade"
To him this was the ultimate at the end of listening to music.
For him this was time to end all (and usually head for bed)

Last edited:
I love I can't make you love me by Bonnie Raitt (US) Touch of Paradise by Ross Wilson, John Farnham version of Beales Help (live at Myer Music Bowl where audience sings chorus) Ross Wilson Bed of Nails, anthing by Missy Higgins and Tina Arena. Knockout voices!

What's your favourite song?

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

View attachment 17405
Source: Pexels

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)
Ricky Mays version of it’s a wonderful world, people may have forgotten him but he had a very special voice.