My favourite song is Dancing Queen by ABBA.
I love all there music but this is my favourite.
I visited their museum in Stockholm,absolutely fantastic,a memorable experience.

As I said earlier I like most easy listening music from the 60's & 70's
I have too many favourites to list I will mention a few

John Denver -Annie's Song - Sweet Surrender - My Sweet Lady - Rock Mountain High
The Seakers -Mornington Ride - I am Australian
Elton John - Your Song
Dr Hook- A Little Bit More- A Couple More Years- If Not You
Bee Gees - To Love Someone- Words - I started A Joke
Kennedy Rogers- Lady- You Decorated My Life- She Believes In Me
Jimmie Rogers- English Country Garden- Oh oh I'm Falling In Love Again- Bimbombey
Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden - How can I Unloved You
Charlie Pride - Is Anyone Going To San Antone - All His Children- All I Have To Offer You Is Me
Little River Band- Home On A Monday - Lady - Reminiscing - Cool Change - Shut Down Turn Off
Ben E King- Spanish Harlem- Stand By Me
Jon English- Get you Love right- Words are not enough- Six Ribbons- Hollywood Seven
Sandie Shaw - Mesage Understood - Tomorrow - I'd Be Far Better Off Without You- If Ever You Need me.
Bread- Make it with you- If - Everything I own- Dairy - Gutair Man- It Don't matter to me

What's your favourite song?

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

View attachment 17405
Source: Pexels

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)
A song penned in Australia by Roy Orbison is Penny Arcade

I sing a cappella with Endeavour Harmony Chorus and my favourite songs are Fix You and You've Got A Friend. In 2015 we came 10th in the world in Las Vegas at our international competition with Sweet Adelines and we have won the Australian championships every time we have entered since 2006. The next competition is in Brisbane in May 2023. The picture attached is the photos in the entry tunnel we walked through to the stage at MGM Grand in Vegas. We were pretty excited to say the least to be performing on the same stage as these great artists.

Attachments

• 20230325_114232b (002).jpg
    20230325_114232b (002).jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Penny4
I sing a cappella with Endeavour Harmony Chorus and my favourite songs are Fix You and You've Got A Friend. In 2015 we came 10th in the world in Las Vegas at our international competition with Sweet Adelines and we have won the Australian championships every time we have entered since 2006. The next competition is in Brisbane in May 2023.
Good on you! My Grandmother's name was Adeline.

Reactions: Jan Mahoney

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

View attachment 17405

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)

View attachment 17405

We live just south of Mackay, cane country, so Shades of Then (Gangajang) gets us singing along...

View attachment 17405

Good on you! My Grandmother's name was Adeline.
Great name for your Grandmother. There are lots of Grandmothers, including me, in our chorus and we have quite a few young women with little ones who quite often come to our rehearsals and watch their Mothers sing.

Reactions: Penny4
We live just south of Mackay, sugar cane country, so Shades of Then (Gangajang) gets us singing along... But my #1 favourite, the song that I can't resist singing along loudly to and doing a bit of a jive, is Pharrell Williams' Happy... 😊👏

Bohemian Rhapsody, Hotel California, Uptown Funk, Ballroom Blitz, Rockin All Over the World, We Are the Champions of the World & It's a Long Way to the the top if you Wanna Rock & Roll.

View attachment 17405

Unchained Melody

View attachment 17405

Eagle Rock loved this since I was a kid, danced to it at disco's, still dance to it when I go to see Ross Wilson.
Your my best friend just warms my heart.

For me it’s any soul song from 60’s and 70’s - Al Green Let’s Stay Togerher, Marvin Gaye - take your pick, Temptations, Four Tops, Chilites, Odyssey, Chic, Harold Melvin and Bluenotes, Teddy Pendergast, Barry White - for me the list is endless and whenever I play my music, it has me moving. I love blues and some jazz but am very passionate about soul and reggae - Horace Andy, Buju Banton, Sugar Minott, Gregory Isaacs, Burning Spear, Augustus Pablo - again list - for me - is endless. Both soul and reggae have been in my blood since listening to Ska then blue beat then reggae, and Tamla Motown, then Stax and Sound of Philadelphia in the 60’s and 70’s. Also love the music of the 50’s and 60’ /early70’s - Timi Yuro, Billy Fury, Adam Faith, Bobby Vinton , Bobby Vee, Mike Sarne, Cliff, Elvis, Gene Vincent……… so much pleasure from the sounds of “back in the day “
Pims, nice selection. Great to note someone including a couple of favourites of mine, Timi Yuro and Adam Faith.

My two favorite songs Johnny Tillitson Talk back trembling lips and Dean martin's send me the pillow that you dream on great memories