Wish I could paint & sketch like you Suzanne rose but alas I can’t. I’ve dabbled in a lot of stuff over the years, used to love making teddy bears but makes my hands ache so much so now crochet a lot, I’m into C2C blankets at the moment. I also read a lot & have recently started reading Ebooks & was thinking about buying an Ereader. Can anyone suggest which size screen is the best?
my biggest problem is that when I take up a new craft I buy heaps of stuff so have a room full of leftovers. My friends joke that l could almost open a tiny shop!
Wish l loved cooking but dont, fortunately my husband does. Still collect recipes though.
Get a decent screen for an e-book. I use my tablet and you can change the font size to make it easier to read. I use Kobo but think you can get Kindle to work on an android tablet, I have it on my phone.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
View attachment 22623

I am an arty guy always have been, so for years as I have travelled, I have carved literally hundreds of things.

I have also had a deep passion for writing about human' beings and the way our body works to create the shapes we do based upon 53 years of Martial Arts interest. Some are called welcome to Earth, Being in the Lightbody, living in the Lightbody etc. Many books, all about how the shapes we make relate to the weight of things. It sounds heady but it's not.

I made a job description based in games to train light natured behaviors years ago but received no financial support as I am not a representative of any other organization than my own.

It is called Theatricise. You won't find it yet online as I am not Conversant with websites and their operation...YET..

the Lismore flood took away much of it as it went over my unit for 15 hours took away17 carvings and wiped out my books I had waiting to publish, I a year ago I started writing again that's why I am so often on my laptop.

I also do short stories of true experiences that I have told on stage and write poetry and children's books and am in discussion with a friend about doing a kindle bo0ok series, so I am never bored.

I wanted to show more pictures, as I carve in all mediums, but can't figure out how to reduce them as there are no obvious, options. Still, it says that I like carving and that's the point.
Love your carving, but am sorry to hear about the floods. Great that you want to write poetry and childrens books. I am always looking for good Australian authors to give to my great nephews and friends.

After reading all of your hobbies, I, so far, the only Diamond painter here. I also sell the diamonds when people run out of them. I haven’t put my Facebook name or business details here, just in case it’s forbidden.
I blame Covid for my hobby, but this is the only one that has literally stuck with me!
I did a lot of diamond painting but decided I had too many irons in my fire. I loved it, however. Would love to see some of your work. I mainly did cats.

Hello Suzanne, Everybody needs a hobby and I've had a few. I was a Dress Maker so anything to do with sewing was my first Hobby Then I got into ceramics, and ended up teaching that as well as folk art. Then one day I wanted a nice 21st card and could not find one I was happy with, so I made one, and now I'm hooked on card making. I don't know what I would have done without that during Covid.

I collect Zippo Lighters, only Zippos, no other brand.
Been collecting for almost 21 years now and I do use one to light my smokes with. There are some great Artists out there including an Australian by the name of John Smith Gumbaldi who gets accepted and have their art put on a Zippo. Miniature works of Art.​

IMG_4617.jpegIMG_4533.jpegIMG_4472.jpegIMG_4470.jpegIMG_4448.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Mainly these days I do Graphic Art On my Pc . I use a coupe of different programmes. I create Landscapes Fantasy Scenes and Portraits. Also I still do Woodturning and Jewellery Box making.Repentance.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Suzanne, Everybody needs a hobby and I've had a few. I was a Dress Maker so anything to do with sewing was my first Hobby Then I got into ceramics, and ended up teaching that as well as folk art. Then one day I wanted a nice 21st card and could not find one I was happy with, so I made one, and now I'm hooked on card making. I don't know what I would have done without that during Covid.
Do you still make clothes and do repairs?
My mother is also addicted to card making. She has a room just for this. I think everyone in Taree buy cards from her

Wow - talk about Talent - i don't have the artistic abilities, (what a gorgeous picture) but would love to have! It looks amazing - and now that Cookbook! Just Fantastic - You are one talented Person Suzanne:_)!
I think it's so I can escape into something . Once I start drawing or painting I don't care about anything else.

Once my cookbook is completed I will see how I can share the digital copy on here

I am a writer. I have a few books published,comical,crazy books that I enjoyed writing and make people laugh. My main hobbies are writing and reading and embroidery. Mainly cross stitch. Now,with osteo arthritis slowing my hands up,I don’t do as much “white work” as I used to but I still enjoy it. Kindles and my iPad have saved my life. Being able to prop one up and read print at any size is such a joy! And not having the husband whine about the bedside light being on is a bonus! I so envy the creativity of the artists who posted before me. The artwork is astounding!
Can youpost the name of the books, I would love to read them😍

Get a decent screen for an e-book. I use my tablet and you can change the font size to make it easier to read. I use Kobo but think you can get Kindle to work on an android tablet, I have it on my phone.
Thanks Liz. Was thinking of getting a Kobo as I buy a lot of books from Booktopia. At the moment I’m using my iPad. any further suggestions would be appreciated.

After reading all of your hobbies, I, so far, the only Diamond painter here. I also sell the diamonds when people run out of them. I haven’t put my Facebook name or business details here, just in case it’s forbidden.
I blame Covid for my hobby, but this is the only one that has literally stuck with me!
I used to do diamond painting & still have lots more to do in my stash. Must get back to it one day& the ribbon embroidery. Might be less confusing to just have a big sale sometime.

My hobby is interior design and renovation, and for relaxation I like to knit, crochet, do diamond dot pictures and crosswords, mainly code crackers and logics, the only ones where you can't google and cheat.
Have won several small prizes and also won a lovely white leather lounge
I have a GREAT amount of respect for your profession.
I didn't really get how extremely talented this needs to be, until till I was living in a shared house in Byron Bay.
An adorable visitor of a housemate looked in though my open door as we were talking.

And after identifying that she was an interior designer, with pleading eyes and with fingers clutched tightly in front of her chest, she said. "Please, can I re-organize your room for you, I won't be very long at all?"

it was a curious request; however, I opened my door further as said by all means, work your magic.

I sat and had a cup of coffee outside till she said, it's ready (she looked and acted like the fairy tinker bells older sister) And NO KIDDING when I looked, I could not believe that was my room.
From that moment on, I have remained a fan.

• Wow
I have a GREAT amount bof respect for your profession. I didn't really get it how extremely talented your profession needs to be, until till I was living in a shared house in Byron Bay.
An adorable visitor of a housemate looked though my open door as we were talking, and after identifying that she was an interior designer, with pleading eyes and with fingers clutched tightly in front of her chest, she said. "Please can I re-organize your room for you I won't be very long at all?"
it was a curious request; however, I opened my door as said by all means, work your magic.
I sat and had a cup of coffee outside till she said, it's ready (she looked and acted like the fairy tinker bells older sister) And NO KIDDING when I looked, I could not believe that was my room.
From that moment on, I have remained a fan.
Wow, she sounds just like me, everywhere I go I redecorate in my head, even motel rooms.
Have never had the nerve to ask anyone though if I could change their place.
My very wealthy sister in law has a beautiful home that I would love to get my mitts on, but I always think it is their home, not mine, and my opinion or style might not be appreciated LOL.

Wow, she sounds just like me, everywhere I go I redecorate in my head, even motel rooms.
Have never had the nerve to ask anyone though if I could change their place.
My very wealthy sister in law has a beautiful home that I would love to get my mitts on, but I always think it is their home, not mine, and my opinion or style might not be appreciated LOL.
Well not yet as I am in temporary accommodation, but When I am somewhere more permanent My Little Tibbies, I shall be seeking someone to do this.. so you just never know.

My hobbies at present are mosaics & card making.

The cards l do twice a month at a Dome Cafe & make the same card twice but with 2 different groups of ladies & the same instructor.

Mosaics is twice a week, Tues evening & Sat a/noon & again, except for the instructor & one other person, with two different groups of ladies. For 6 years l was the only gent, now one in each group. I recently completed (start to finish), a bird bath which was placed in the garden where we do mosaics & dedicated, with a plaque, to a lovely lady who did mosaics with us & who died just over 12 months ago.

Recently did some pieces, as did many other people, mosaics which together with clay pieces have been fixed to shapes to form a Totem. This will be dedicated to The Deaf Dumb & Blind Society & form a permanent display in our Perth City Farm next Tuesday. The theme for the project was 'REACH FOR THE STARS'.

1687391513243.jpeg

I'm passionate in my creative self-expression, I'm also a long time, movement trainer, author, and I have been an onstage comedian at times, plus I paint and sketch too. (sigh) not very left brained however, as I don't know how to reduce images from my files and inset them.

Last edited: