What is your hobby or something you love doing

I love cooking and I am putting together a cookbook my other love is sketching and just finished this painting of two of my grandchildren View attachment 4540
Hi. I’m an avid. Botanic gardener but seems it’s become more of a social, educational tool that’s teaching me more each day I’d no idea how much i could and have learned about Nature and it’s connection to the human touch

Hi. I’m an avid. Botanic gardener but seems it’s become more of a social, educational tool that’s teaching me more each day I’d no idea how much i could and have learned about Nature and it’s connection to the human touch
We would love to see photos 📸
See what I can do thanks for the interest.

For 50 odd years I was very active as a Rugby League referee match official and referee coach which along with the household maintainance chores consumed much of my free time. I still gardened some, still read some, still painted some, still fiddled some in my workshop, but still studied a lot. Now I have retired, while still do little referee coaching young and old alike this field of activity has given way to increased activity in the other fields. Two other activities that I have always loved doing is repairing things and doing crosswords. I have always liked pulling things apart since I was a wee lad and yes putting them back together, one of favourite activities these days is my Sunday trip to the Incredable tip shop for odds and ends to fiddle with through the week, lots of friends get refurbished appliances and computors BTW i am a certified electrician. These days with the internet and free educational platforms such as EdX, Coursera and FutureLearn (there are others I use but these are the main ones), to me it is important to remain cognitively active as well as physically active, and studying is a great way of of learning things and staying mentally active, associate all this with your reading activities and whamo.

Posted the other day, that now that I was ageing at75 and retired I was looking forward to sitting back relaxing and doing absolutely nothing, my social media lit up, not one of my friends believed that and I got a lot of ha, ha has, . Oh well carry on carrying on, and I do love watching old movies.

My daily activites after rising and coffee, reading social media and email feeds and setting up shared articles to read, venturing into the garden watering and weeding (weeds go to the chooks, yes i raise them as well), sit on my bench meditate and commune with nature (this happens a couple of times through the day), maybe do a household maintainable chore or two (painting, repairing or mowing) head into my art studio and do a little drawing and painting, followed by workshop bench time repairing the little thingys I have collected, ‘tis study time, one of favourite activities (most favourite) is spending time with my wife o 35 years, reading and doing crosswords while listening to her playing her keyboards (some which have been recovered from the tip and serviced by me), she likes old movies so afternoon nap time (yeah I know old bugger non-physical activity) with a movie on the TV, reading and resting. I can walk and chew gum, reading and watching movies. After many years of reading that has had a focus of non-fiction I have slipped back into some fiction..

Isn’t this old life just great
regards Lou
ageing disgracefully with dignity.

Last edited:
I sew and cross stitch and attempt to crochet and knit. I am alwlays working ahead for b irthdays and Christmas. This is just a small card for Christmas.Card for Margaret.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
Although a cat person, I do do things for my doggy friends.
Tina Christmas.jpg

I write fiction, and paint in a variety of mediums - watercolor, oil, pastel, charcoal powder, and colored pencils.

Samples of my work are a colored pencil sketch of the protagonist in my current historical work in progress; my watercolor rendition of a Frederick, Lord Leighton's oil, Flaming June; a white conte crayon portrait on black paper of one of my horses; and an oil study of a dancer.

I also love cooking, board games, puzzles and fishing!

Jess

Gilded Dreamer_compressed.jpgCranleigh.png

night mare _compressed.jpgPoise_compressed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I write fiction, and paint in a variety of mediums - watercolor, oil, pastel, charcoal powder, and colored pencils.

Samples of my work are a colored pencil sketch of the protagonist in my current historical work in progress; my watercolor rendition of a Frederick, Lord Leighton's oil, Flaming June; a white conte crayon portrait on black paper of one of my horses; and an oil study of a dancer.

I also love cooking, board games, puzzles and fishing!

Jess
Wow one very talented lady . Do you sell you work