Stunning work Suzanne. I love to knit and crochet. My most recent project was a blanket for a friend. She asked for black, red and yellow, the colours in the Aboriginal flag. I was happy with the finished project and my friend was delighted. I hope you like it.
Wow it's beautiful. Your friend is very lucky . How long did it take to make it ?

Reactions: Liz
I love Geocaching, the worldwide scavenger hunt. So far this year it has taken me to Townsville at Easter for a huge event there, to Rutherglen in Victoria, then to WA Goes Big in Bunbury in Western Australia, followed by a very busy trip to the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia where we found over 800 geocaches in eight days.
I’m currently back in Townsville preparing to geocache my way back to Central Victoria via Emerald and Cunnamulla where there are lots of mystery geocaches consisting of jigsaws and puzzles I’ve been solving between my travels.
Geocaching keeps my brain and body active and is the opportunity to meet lots of other like minded people.

When Covid started I decided to try my hand at crocheting after nearly 40 years, I used to crochet 🧶 simple baby blankets.

I am now trying my hand at some more complex designs and loving it 😊

Below are some of my latest projects..

Attachments

• 476AEE85-81D5-48B8-867B-D7F5122D34A0.jpeg
    476AEE85-81D5-48B8-867B-D7F5122D34A0.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 0
  • 40C409C8-195A-4868-A6A3-A084D6CA6C54.jpeg
    40C409C8-195A-4868-A6A3-A084D6CA6C54.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 0
I love Geocaching, the worldwide scavenger hunt. So far this year it has taken me to Townsville at Easter for a huge event there, to Rutherglen in Victoria, then to WA Goes Big in Bunbury in Western Australia, followed by a very busy trip to the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia where we found over 800 geocaches in eight days.
I’m currently back in Townsville preparing to geocache my way back to Central Victoria via Emerald and Cunnamulla where there are lots of mystery geocaches consisting of jigsaws and puzzles I’ve been solving between my travels.
Geocaching keeps my brain and body active and is the opportunity to meet lots of other like minded people.
My girls love Geocatching they have been doing it for years, but only now when they go to different areas

I have a few hobbies, but I'm mostly doing scrapbooking at the moment. Puting together my four sons life books. I'm a bit behind. I've only completed one! But I have made a small one for a granddaughter. So I'm winning!

Wow @Suzanne rose you are truly talented! These are incredible. Thank you for starting this thread too ❤️ I have loved reading about everyone's hobbies. I very recently have gotten into baking. I used to find it very boring and mundane, but I have found a new love for it. I have been making a lot of bread, pizza bases (i love pizzas) pies, crumbles etc. I find it very therapeutic and it seems to calm me down after crazy days!
What recipe do you use for pizza bases? I have not really found a good recipe that mimics the pizza shops as yet. I also love baking bread etc and yes, kneading by hand is very therapeutic and meditative.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I have a lot of hobbies. I do something with gusto for a while and then move on until I do an about face and get back to it.
At the moment I'm obsessed with knitting, in particular miniature knitting for my little dolls.Mitzi cardigan 20220109 (1).jpg
Done on .08mm needles, a very bright light and a magnifying glass 🤣
Not all at once of course and some not even in the same year (or two) but here they are:
cooking
sewing
embroidery
cross stitch
plastic canvas
reading
computer games
learning Spanish
learning Chinese
knitting
crochet
drawing
colouring
painting
jewellery beading
op shoppingpainting rockswalking
exploring
phoning friends
FaceBook
TV
YouTube

That’s not counting cleaning, and regular daily life.

What recipe do you use for pizza bases? I have not really found a good recipe that mimics the pizza shops as yet. I also love baking bread etc and yes, kneading by hand is very therapeutic and meditative.
I posted an amazing pizza recipe in the cooking section of the forum list

I am into woodwork. I have a few machines in my shed, including various saws, sanders and a lathe.
As well as just wood, I also work with epoxy resin, and try to get some nice effects using coloured resin with what would otherwise be scrap wood. Have made various items including pens, jewellery boxes, crochet hooks etc - but my favourite is turning bowls, either just from timber or from hybrid timber / resin blanks that I cast myself.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpeg
    IMG_1949.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 2
  • Timbers of the WA Goldfields 011.jpg
    Timbers of the WA Goldfields 011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: Liz and Nannacas
I am into woodwork. I have a few machines in my shed, including various saws, sanders and a lathe.
As well as just wood, I also work with epoxy resin, and try to get some nice effects using coloured resin with what would otherwise be scrap wood. Have made various items including pens, jewellery boxes, crochet hooks etc - but my favourite is turning bowls, either just from timber or from hybrid timber / resin blanks that I cast myself.
Beautiful work. My son in law also works with resins. I love the various colours and effects it has on the wood. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: BMKal
I have a lot of hobbies. I do something with gusto for a while and then move on until I do an about face and get back to it.
At the moment I'm obsessed with knitting, in particular miniature knitting for my little dolls.View attachment 4676
Done on .08mm needles, a very bright light and a magnifying glass 🤣
Not all at once of course and some not even in the same year (or two) but here they are:
cooking
sewing
embroidery
cross stitch
plastic canvas
reading
computer games
learning Spanish
learning Chinese
knitting
crochet
drawing
colouring
painting
jewellery beading
op shoppingpainting rockswalking
exploring
phoning friends
FaceBook
TV
YouTube

That’s not counting cleaning, and regular daily life.
Wow !

• Wow
Reactions: Nannacas