Unsettling tea making recipe shocks millions online — “I’m traumatised”

An American woman has recently sparked controversy online after she revealed how she makes her cuppa and calls it "British tea".

Just a warning, for those who are a fan of the odd morning cuppa you might wanna buckle up and prepare yourself before reading on.

TikTok user @swfinds — who moved to the UK from the US — posted a video on the social media platform to share her bizarre way of making her version of the popular drink.

Credit: TikTok/@swfinds

In the clip, the woman is seen pouring an immeasurable amount of milk into an electric kettle.

Next, she adds a heaped tablespoon of sugar into the kettle then pops in two teabags.

3l20OaZ5T3Jzi-TJl2BVmkOfQn8KF1KfcLn2Q8IuWYLMM-rBEDXKhbqpawDDONzdbApyU_GTejdmqHZjxZHvyg8qBC64Q9aNZFtD68Tmb7Z_3sK_ggH6JTc3znq6eQOohyPxIJA

An American woman’s bizarre method of making tea has raised eyebrows online. Credit: TikTok/@swfinds.

She then pours in some bottled water into the concoction, turns the kettle on, and lets the mixture boil until it's creamy.

Once the "British tea" gets into the consistency that she likes, she turns the kettle off and pours the liquid into a tall latte glass.

Finally, she added another heaped tablespoon of sugar in it.

8aEqJmAKbnb5OBkEDXC5JocRSvITUHJ0PnbsMulnckYgPnyZdx_Xj6aAOf1myR3ZxlWnUCV8O4vRJ1FADAPe3kIv3ZluZ7ywWbsP5CspbH3pV9u9C3keJnVwTiZ0C7qCfmmP2qE

The woman added another heaped tablespoon of sugar into the concoction before serving. Credit: TikTok/@swfinds.

We must admit that we find this method unsettling. So, it's not surprising that the video — which amassed more than 1.4 million views — drew flak from TikTok users.

One person wrote: “I’m traumatised…where is my therapist?”

“This is a disgrace,” another added.

Others questioned the validity of the video, saying that the woman may have posted this to poke fun at British culture as she stated in her bio that "So many things in the UK confuse me!”

“You are having a laugh,” one person wrote.

Meanwhile, a number of curious users said that they might try making a cuppa using this method.

One comment read: “I don’t know you guys, I’m kinda intrigued to try it.”

What are your thoughts on this bizarre tea-making video? Do you think she's just joking around?

Sponsored

An American woman has recently sparked controversy online after she revealed how she makes her cuppa and calls it "British tea".

Just a warning, for those who are a fan of the odd morning cuppa you might wanna buckle up and prepare yourself before reading on.

TikTok user @swfinds — who moved to the UK from the US — posted a video on the social media platform to share her bizarre way of making her version of the popular drink.

In the clip, the woman is seen pouring an immeasurable amount of milk into an electric kettle.

Next, she adds a heaped tablespoon of sugar into the kettle then pops in two teabags.

3l20OaZ5T3Jzi-TJl2BVmkOfQn8KF1KfcLn2Q8IuWYLMM-rBEDXKhbqpawDDONzdbApyU_GTejdmqHZjxZHvyg8qBC64Q9aNZFtD68Tmb7Z_3sK_ggH6JTc3znq6eQOohyPxIJA

An American woman’s bizarre method of making tea has raised eyebrows online. Credit: TikTok/@swfinds.

She then pours in some bottled water into the concoction, turns the kettle on, and lets the mixture boil until it's creamy.

Once the "British tea" gets into the consistency that she likes, she turns the kettle off and pours the liquid into a tall latte glass.

8aEqJmAKbnb5OBkEDXC5JocRSvITUHJ0PnbsMulnckYgPnyZdx_Xj6aAOf1myR3ZxlWnUCV8O4vRJ1FADAPe3kIv3ZluZ7ywWbsP5CspbH3pV9u9C3keJnVwTiZ0C7qCfmmP2qE

The woman added another heaped tablespoon of sugar into the concoction before serving. Credit: TikTok/@swfinds.

We must admit that we find this method unsettling. So, it's not surprising that the video — which amassed more than 1.4 million views — drew flak from TikTok users.

Others questioned the validity of the video, saying that the woman may have posted this to poke fun at British culture as she stated in her bio that "So many things in the UK confuse me!”

Meanwhile, a number of curious users said that they might try making a cuppa using this method.

What are your thoughts on this bizarre tea-making video? Do you think she's just joking around?

for me that is disgusting, but each to their own!! I enjoy a black tea, I can smell the aroma and taste the flavour of unadulterated brewed tea leaves...

Has to be a joke

Reactions: Diane D and Ricci
OMG! Trust a yank to ruin something as wonderful as a good cup of tea. It seems the like their tea tasting like dish water just like their coffee.

Many years ago my mother used to make something she called chiffon tea if anyone was poorly. You heated a pot of milk on the stove and steeped the tea as the milk warmed. She reckoned she was given it when recovering from an operation in hospital. I always thought it tasted revolting and was enough to make you get better in double quick time so as you didn't get a second dose!!

Reactions: Liz
my father who was Scottish,said you only use fresh boiling water & you Scald the tea pot with some of the boiling water then pour the water through the spout ,the put tea leaves in pot & pout in the boiling water.Let brew for a minute or so.If having milk & sugar always put inthe cup first

Reactions: Julia TH and Ricci

This is an insult to true tea drinkers