SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
This $10 item from Bunnings might just be the best thing to buy this summer!

Every Aussie knows that the summer heat brings along a major outdoor pest – flies!

Since flies rely on heat, temperature, and humidity to drive their life cycle, they’re known to be more extra active during this time of the year, much to our annoyance. They’re just experts when it comes to finding moisture in the most irritating spots (i.e. your face).

And not only are they annoying, but they are also harmful and may carry pathogens that could affect us and our food.

The moment we open our doors and windows for a bit of sunlight, they come buzzing in from everywhere. It seems that even the mighty screen door is fighting a losing battle against these airborne soldiers (and it doesn't help when the grandkids forget to close them either eh?)

Now, we know everyone here has their good old-fashioned fly swatter to defend against these pesky crawlies. But with the number of flies swarming around in the summer heat, we might just need to upgrade our arsenal.

Thankfully, after a scroll through Bunnings latest offerings, we are excited to show you what might just be the perfect solution.

nxZNm3jBcZIigaX8EKaayoGGB8PCiYDylMAQzPvPXV-KwNIbMEs2tmm3bh9wqATq4NspgPZ1mQIVFZvnwNueI2vJu8QZ9S3OJT6yC_otYNvTizOUuuOooiKHNU2UwEL7-FZiqJiC

Shoppers are loving this highly effective fly trap from Bunnings. Credit: Facebook (left), Bunnings (right).

Introducing the $10 item from Bunnings that many fly-weary homeowners are raving about: Envirosafe Fly Trap!

The Envirosafe fly trap uses a non-toxic attractant made from food-grade ingredients that flies seem to find absolutely irresistible. Its body is made of PET plastic that traps the insects inside a bottle-like prison. As an added bonus the contents of this trojan horse are also free from pesticides and are recyclable as well.

The hook at the top makes it easy to mount wherever you need around your garden or home.

However, there is one downside to what otherwise seems like the perfect summer product; the outrageous stench!

One mum shared: “It stinks, but we haven’t had flies come in the house since then, and they don’t linger outside our back-door. We use them every summer.”

Another person praised the fly trap for being amazingly good at catching ‘swarms of flies at the moment’, but he informed buyers that it ‘stinks after a week’.

One shopper also advised that the product may not work indoors because “it needs to be in the sun to activate”. We second this suggestion, folks. You wouldn’t want anything smelly inside the house anyway.

Many customers have called themselves ‘big fans’ of the fly trap and described it as their best purchase this summer.

But if you’re looking for a more ‘natural’ alternative to get rid of flies, check out this DIY video below!

Credit: Daisy Creek Farms with Jag Singh.

Yes, this fly trap is excellent for catching those menacing flies. I've had one of these for a few years. This week I have just activated it for this season. and it's doing the task quite well. Sure it stinks if you are near it, so mine hangs on the clothesline away from the back door.

Or better and cheaper still....I buy these off ebay and keep them filled with anything flies love. eg. raw, smelly chicken drumsticks.
Keep the liquid up to them though.

Attachments

• Fly trap.jpg
    Fly trap.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 10
This $10 item from Bunnings might just be the best thing to buy this summer!

Every Aussie knows that the summer heat brings along a major outdoor pest – flies!

Since flies rely on heat, temperature, and humidity to drive their life cycle, they’re known to be more extra active during this time of the year, much to our annoyance. They’re just experts when it comes to finding moisture in the most irritating spots (i.e. your face).

And not only are they annoying, but they are also harmful and may carry pathogens that could affect us and our food.

The moment we open our doors and windows for a bit of sunlight, they come buzzing in from everywhere. It seems that even the mighty screen door is fighting a losing battle against these airborne soldiers (and it doesn't help when the grandkids forget to close them either eh?)

Now, we know everyone here has their good old-fashioned fly swatter to defend against these pesky crawlies. But with the number of flies swarming around in the summer heat, we might just need to upgrade our arsenal.

Thankfully, after a scroll through Bunnings latest offerings, we are excited to show you what might just be the perfect solution.

nxZNm3jBcZIigaX8EKaayoGGB8PCiYDylMAQzPvPXV-KwNIbMEs2tmm3bh9wqATq4NspgPZ1mQIVFZvnwNueI2vJu8QZ9S3OJT6yC_otYNvTizOUuuOooiKHNU2UwEL7-FZiqJiC

Shoppers are loving this highly effective fly trap from Bunnings. Credit: Facebook (left), Bunnings (right).

Introducing the $10 item from Bunnings that many fly-weary homeowners are raving about: Envirosafe Fly Trap!

The Envirosafe fly trap uses a non-toxic attractant made from food-grade ingredients that flies seem to find absolutely irresistible. Its body is made of PET plastic that traps the insects inside a bottle-like prison. As an added bonus the contents of this trojan horse are also free from pesticides and are recyclable as well.

The hook at the top makes it easy to mount wherever you need around your garden or home.

However, there is one downside to what otherwise seems like the perfect summer product; the outrageous stench!

One mum shared: “It stinks, but we haven’t had flies come in the house since then, and they don’t linger outside our back-door. We use them every summer.”

Another person praised the fly trap for being amazingly good at catching ‘swarms of flies at the moment’, but he informed buyers that it ‘stinks after a week’.

One shopper also advised that the product may not work indoors because “it needs to be in the sun to activate”. We second this suggestion, folks. You wouldn’t want anything smelly inside the house anyway.

Many customers have called themselves ‘big fans’ of the fly trap and described it as their best purchase this summer.

But if you’re looking for a more ‘natural’ alternative to get rid of flies, check out this DIY video below!

Credit: Daisy Creek Farms with Jag Singh.

Wear gloves when changing the trap. You dont want the smell on your hands.! Aldi had them for $6.95. 2 weeks ago

Reactions: Ricci and Greatage
Yes ,the fly trap works and there is is a 4 pk of lids [similar] that fit on empty 1 lt milk bottles/cheaper/ also use a prawn head for bait in water/cheaper.
Word of WARNING empty regularly as they really Stink and you wouldn,t use them inside for that reason.

Another $2.00 product from Bunnings, selling for $10.00 --- Bunnings are rip off merchants making huge profits, while you lot support them and push their products along with Woolworths, Coles, Aldi and to a lessor extent IGA
You would be much better served showing your readers just how the profit gouging companies are actually stealing from consumers.
I see everyday goods jumping 20 to 30% last year yet Seniors Discount club still pretends that all is good and continues to promote goods as a way to increase you own income.
SHAME even you people are lining your pockets.

@Dragonlady16 We aren't 'lining our pockets' - we were not paid by Bunnings to write this article, and we don't receive commissions from any sales. Any product or service we link to that we have a commercial relationship with will have an asterisk (*) next to it.

As for inflation - yes we have noticed. Maddie wrote an excellent article about it recently: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/...ice-hike-and-what-we-plan-to-do-about-it.1718

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like to discuss further.

Cheers

P.S: If you know of this product selling elsewhere for $2, please go ahead and post it so that other members can save some money.

@Dragonlady16 We aren't 'lining our pockets' - we were not paid by Bunnings to write this article, and we don't receive commissions from any sales. Any product or service we link to that we have a commercial relationship with will have an asterisk (*) next to it.

As for inflation - yes we have noticed. Maddie wrote an excellent article about it recently: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/...ice-hike-and-what-we-plan-to-do-about-it.1718

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like to discuss further.

Cheers

P.S: If you know of this product selling elsewhere for $2, please go ahead and post it so that other members can save some money.
so there is absolutely no need to mention the company names or where to buy the products

I have competed with Bunnings in the past my product was $75.00 retail -- Bunnings were $120.00 and refused to beat the price by 10%

I did a quick google and can't find anywhere that sells this particular product as cheaply as Bunnings... If you can find a better price, please do feel free to post it - I'm sure other members would appreciate it.

If we find interesting looking products at what we consider reasonable prices, we'll continue to post about them and where they can be bought... That's one of the core objectives of the SDC.

But again, just to be 100% clear: we have no commercial relationship with Bunnings, nor with 99% of the other companies or products we write about.

Yes, this fly trap is excellent for catching those menacing flies. I've had one of these for a few years. This week I have just activated it for this season. and it's doing the task quite well. Sure it stinks if you are near it, so mine hangs on the clothesline away from the back door.
I have one at the back of the house,and one out the front. Been using them for years

Reactions: Ricci
I find this really great to use, to see how many flies go to die. We use 2 of these to control flies with one at front door and in our patio area out back. Great for those that have others who do not know how to close the screen door and those few who get in when you are entering or leaving the house.

Reactions: Ricci
I think it's great how you guys find a good idea and share with us all. In the end it's up to each individua to appraise the product and purchase accordingly. I look at all the ideas and products people mention but don't rush out to those shops to buy them. Common sense people