MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND A HAPPY SAFE NEW YEAR !
please if your driving or traveling take care on the roads ,and always take the safe option ,
i enjoy the seniors discount club ,and look forward to it everyday .

Reactions: Leenie
Just wanted to say hi.. I have only just joined but have been receiving emails with all the information every day. A charity that is close to my heart is The Smith Family.

I hope that more people will agree with me.

Regards

I could do without some of your hyperbole in the titles of links.
Apart from that I take what interests me and leave the rest.
Thankyou.
May I suggest a First Nations charity? It has been a difficult year and you cannot get more 'Australian' than them! There are a number of them. Books and education, self help communities etc

The Seniors Discount Club Christmas Charity Fundraiser!

Hello Seniors Discount Club Community!

We're thrilled to announce our very special charity event, designed with you, our vibrant community of Australians over 65, in mind. It's simple, meaningful, and a way for us all to give back together.

How Does It Work?

For every user that posts in this thread, we will donate $5 to a chosen charity. That's right, your words have power – each post translates into real help for those in need.

Participate and Help Choose the Charity!
  1. Post in this Thread: Share your thoughts, stories, or even a cheerful hello. The first post from every unique user counts! You can post as many times as you like, but we'll only donate once for every unique user.
  2. Nominate and Vote for Charities: Suggest charities close to your heart. Then, we'll have a community vote to choose the one we'll donate to. Please stick to registered charities only, ideally ones that are based in Australia or primarily benefits Australians.
  3. Watch the Impact Grow: Keep an eye on the thread and see how our collective effort turns into a generous donation.
No Minimum Limit, Unlimited Potential!

Unlike other campaigns, there's no minimum donation cap. The more posts we have, the more we give. It's all up to our community's participation.

Why Participate?
  • Make a Difference: Your posts directly contribute to a charitable cause.
  • Stay Engaged: Connect with fellow members, share experiences, and enjoy the camaraderie.
  • Be Heard: Your voice and choice matter. From posting to voting, your involvement shapes this campaign.
Ready to Join In?

Simply post a message in this thread. As we mentioned, it can be something as simple as a quick 'Hello' or 'Merry Christmas', or you can specify a particular charity that you'd like us to donate to and why.

Thank you for being a part of the Seniors Discount Club community. Let's make this a heartwarming success! This charity drive will end at 11.59pm on Thursday, the 21st December, at which point we'll run a poll for 48 hours on the top 5 most requested charities.

We're thrilled to announce our very special charity event, designed with you, our vibrant community of Australians over 65, in mind. It's simple, meaningful, and a way for us all to give back together.

How Does It Work?

For every user that posts in this thread, we will donate $5 to a chosen charity. That's right, your words have power – each post translates into real help for those in need.

1. Post in this Thread: Share your thoughts, stories, or even a cheerful hello. The first post from every unique user counts! You can post as many times as you like, but we'll only donate once for every unique user.
  2. Nominate and Vote for Charities: Suggest charities close to your heart. Then, we'll have a community vote to choose the one we'll donate to. Please stick to registered charities only, ideally ones that are based in Australia or primarily benefits Australians.
  3. Watch the Impact Grow: Keep an eye on the thread and see how our collective effort turns into a generous donation.

Unlike other campaigns, there's no minimum donation cap. The more posts we have, the more we give. It's all up to our community's participation.

Why Participate?
  • Stay Engaged: Connect with fellow members, share experiences, and enjoy the camaraderie.
  • Be Heard: Your voice and choice matter. From posting to voting, your involvement shapes this campaign.
Ready to Join In?

Simply post a message in this thread. As we mentioned, it can be something as simple as a quick 'Hello' or 'Merry Christmas', or you can specify a particular charity that you'd like us to donate to and why.

Thank you for being a part of the Seniors Discount Club community. Let's make this a heartwarming success! This charity drive will end at 11.59pm on Thursday, the 21st December, at which point we'll run a poll for 48 hours on the top 5 most requested charities.
Merry Christmas everyone, my favourite charity is the Heart Foundation

How Does It Work?

Why Participate?
Ready to Join In?

I support several charities on an ongoing monthly basis, however, I have to vote for the Cancer charity as my mother died at the age of 32, when I was 6, from breast cancer and it has been the greatest sadness of my entire life. Merry Christmas to everyone.

I enjoy reading some of the daily Seniors Discount Club emails. I do not purchase news, so I appreciate the deeper coverage you give. I would like you to donate to Tailem Bend Community Centre who do great work. I am a member and also a Board of Management member, and support their services, rather than benefit from them at this stage.

I would like to thank every person @ SDC for the enjoyment received from reading your articles & hope you & yours have a HAPPY & SAFE CHRISTMAS & GREAT NEW YEAR.

Having lost family & friends to cancer l wish to nominate THE CANCER COUNCIL please. Thankyou.

We pick a new charity every year to spread the tidings of the season. This year it was Act for Kids, and we told them we move onto a new one each year, however, my husband told them if they need something they have our number.
The thing that we do always support is anything concerning veterans, so our proposal would be Wounded Heroes. They do a lot of outstanding work and care for the homeless and damaged that get forgotten about, especially around this time of the year when they need someone to give them a hand up, not a handout.

I could do without some of your hyperbole in the titles of links.
Apart from that I take what interests me and leave the rest.
Thankyou.
May I suggest a First Nations charity? It has been a difficult year and you cannot get more 'Australian' than them! There are a number of them. Books and education, self help communities etc
That is a very pleasant change and a worthy suggestion! @KaraJenna many thanks!

I would like the relevant authorities in Australia and other free countries to investigate a way to outlaw proxy servers that provide cover for criminals on the Internet. Most of us computer users do not know how to permanently erase all traces of whatever we write online, so everything can be traced back to us, if required. This should be the same for everyone. No one should be able to post material that cannot be traced back to them. This would cut cyber crime dramatically, because committing such crime would be simultaneously inviting the police to knock on the door, with an arrest warrant. Online sexual predators are often traced in this way and are apprehended. There should be no legal way to hide online.
If governments, who are invariably major users of the Internet, fail, refuse or neglect to eliminate the criminals using the same channels, they should suffer at the polls and at the International Count of Justice.

I would like the relevant authorities in Australia and other free countries to investigate a way to outlaw proxy servers that provide cover for criminals on the Internet. Most of us computer users do not know how to permanently erase all traces of whatever we write online, so everything can be traced back to us, if required. This should be the same for everyone. No one should be able to post material that cannot be traced back to them. This would cut cyber crime dramatically, because committing such crime would be simultaneously inviting the police to knock on the door, with an arrest warrant. Online sexual predators are often traced in this way and are apprehended. There should be no legal way to hide online.
If governments, who are invariably major users of the Internet, fail, refuse or neglect to eliminate the criminals using the same channels, they should suffer at the polls and at the International Count of Justice.
Are you sure you're in the right forum, let alone the correct website? :unsure:

A Great Idea. Wishing all the staff at SDC a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. Have a great Christmas New Year Break - Stay Safe .
Charity Angel Flight

How Does It Work?

Why Participate?
Ready to Join In?

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. May your wishes come true