Seniors Discount Club Frequently Asked Questions

Hi Members!

Now that we've been running the SDC for a while, we've gotten a better understanding of which aspects of your membership can feel a bit confusing when you've just joined. Here is a helpful FAQ list to get you some answers sooner rather than later. If your question hasn't been addressed, feel free to comment below!

What can I expect from my membership?​

There are two elements to your membership with the SDC.

Your initial membership gives you access to the ultimate seniors discounts ebook and daily newsletter. You’ll also receive a few additional emails periodically with other helpful information and bigger offers that could help you save in the long term (like on your health insurance).

Separately from this, you can opt to sign up for our forum. The forum is a fun, safe way to engage with other seniors across Australia. You’ll be able to post about your favourite topics, like gardening, photography, and tv shows to name a few. You’ll also find more helpful information on more serious topics, like scams, product reviews, and more.

Do I have to pay for my membership?​

Your membership with us is completely free. Aside from the money you pay for any deals or discounts you choose to take advantage of, there should be no cost implications related to your membership. If you receive any correspondence asking you to pay, please contact us before proceeding any further.

Where do I find discounts?​

There are three main ways we feature discounts.

1. The newsletter: Everyday we feature our top three deals of the day from leading retailers across the country. Unfortunately, we can’t always guarantee that your local branch will be participating, but we do our best to make sure that they are as nationally available as possible. If you live in a less populated area or you’re making a trip to the store especially for something you’ve seen in our content, it may be wise to call ahead to check if the discount is available at your preferred branch.

2. The discounts ebook: A compilation of the best discounts available across all eight states and territories, in as many areas as possible. These discounts have all been retrieved from government websites and are redeemable through the use of your government issued seniors card.

3. The forum: We feature weekly discounts from Coles, Woolworths, and Aldi right here on our forum as well as discounts from multiple other retailers. These are available to the general public, so you will not need a discount card or a seniors card to redeem them.

We may also send you other offers via email from time to time, including ways to save on your health insurance, electric bills, and hearing checks. If you’re not interested in any of these deals you can simply ignore them.

How do I redeem discounts?​

The discounts we feature in the daily newsletter and on our forum don’t require the use of a discount or seniors card to be redeemed.

The discounts featured in our ebook are all available through your government-issued seniors card only.

If you don’t have one yet, take a look at our ebook to find out how to apply for one in your state or territory.

Can I get a hard copy of the discount ebook?​

Unfortunately, we don’t have a hard copy of the discounts book available at this stage. Printing is not completely necessary since you’ll simply need to use your government-issued Seniors card to redeem the discount you’re interested in. However, if you’d like to, we recommend printing just the section relevant to your state or territory.

Some states offer hard copies of their full discount directories at various locations. Contact your state or territory to enquire about a location near you:

Australian Capital Territory: (02) 6282 3777
New South Wales: 13 77 88
Northern Territory: 1800 441 489
Queensland: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
South Australia: 13 23 24
Tasmania: 1300 135 513
Victoria: 1300 797 210
Western Australia: 1800 671 233

Can I get a health insurance comparison quote via email?​

The health insurance comparison quotes need to be performed telephonically since the agent will need to get specific information from you before issuing you with an estimate. This is because premiums are based on your own personal situation.

Once you receive the introductory call, you’re welcome to ask to schedule the appointment for a time that suits you. You’ll also be able to request that the quote be emailed to you once the telephonic questionnaire has been completed.

How do I enter the monthly competition?​

For your entries to the competition to be valid, you’ll need to post them directly on the forum under the relevant thread. Entries sent to us via email unfortunately will not be considered, however, we will assist in helping you post your entry in the right place!

Where do I post my answer to the riddle?​

If you’d like to take a jab at answering the riddle, you’ll need to post your answer under the relevant thread on the forum. We always name the riddle thread ‘Riddle Masters [Today’s date]’ so all you have to do is look for the Riddle Masters thread of the specific date. If you’re correct, you’ll receive a shout-out in the following day’s newsletter. A link to the thread will be included with the riddle in the newsletter itself.

I’ve lost my Seniors card. Where can I get a new one?​

You’ll need to apply directly to your state or territory for a new card. Follow the instructions for your state or territory below:

Australian Capital Territory: Phone - 13 22 81
New South Wales: Click here
Northern Territory: Email - [email protected]
Phone - 1800 441 489
Queensland: Click here
South Australia: Call - 1800 819 961
Email - [email protected]
Tasmania: Phone - 1300 13 55 13
Visit - Any Service Tasmania Service Centre
Victoria: Click here
Western Australia: Phone - 1800 671 233
Email - [email protected]

How do I submit content to be featured in the newsletter?​

If you have a joke, picture of the day, a riddle, or anything you’d like us to consider featuring, drop us a line at [email protected]. We absolutely love featuring the work of our very own members.

I hate receiving a daily newsletter. Can I get one once a week instead?​

We understand that a newsletter everyday might not suit you and that’s more than okay.

Our weekly newsletter is sent to your inbox on a Sunday morning between 6am and 8am AEST or AEDT depending on the time of the year. The Sunday newsletter contains a ‘wrap of the week that was’ which is a collation of all the best stories, deals, jokes, and more of the entire week.

If you’d like to switch your membership over to a weekly newsletter, you’ll need to follow the steps by using an existing Daily recap newsletter you’ve received:

1. sNNM-Rr2xgQe-YrWEG9inmtYCwGUrRgC8og9_-t-Fr5Sp3tbWA6NfM5J17wDWF8lJO0Nks8cTPKfi8AxljNA3V8hXrig8NH9XgtjupDdy1GhggY3qF_Bkm1C6Rh_7ZBG4FCJXmdV

Click on the “change” button

GmodgwbDaZCtbZEnS9D76pHCpoXJb_5TzLiZr9AjZfUM_7eCCxpdt6KeefAOtkfqs3KxT3vFolVrNGW6_fRt_icUZaTuvtRR329Cy--SatrTFghRVTO99g3uupingmEF7WEJOXs6

Tick the box that says “Please email me once a week only”

3. Click "save"

Your updates should be noted by our system and you will only receive your next newsletters on the Sunday after you’ve made these updates.

If, for any reason, you are still receiving daily newsletters after making this selection, please email us at [email protected]

How do I update my details with the Seniors Discount Club?​

If you need to update your name, contact details, or postcode, you’ll need to follow the steps by using an existing Daily recap newsletter you’ve received:

1. vypWGCyzlLzmA7iBC7AXhHZS7C33msZtKUN8IO1l3sqkmR3eo4SxywYfJqIiI69Ce-yjXeJeQ9jdsS_lnjey203nJCVK0PxYPl0-Dq7MEbd2msi1ALxayndy0vCXr5QBOEq1SVj4

Click on the “change” button

GmodgwbDaZCtbZEnS9D76pHCpoXJb_5TzLiZr9AjZfUM_7eCCxpdt6KeefAOtkfqs3KxT3vFolVrNGW6_fRt_icUZaTuvtRR329Cy--SatrTFghRVTO99g3uupingmEF7WEJOXs6

Make the changes in the relevant fields

3. Click “save”

Your changes should reflect in the next newsletter you receive. If they’re still not correct, please let us know at [email protected].

Where can I find more discounts?​

Although we try to feature as many discounts as we can, there are loads more available on your state or territory website. Click on the relevant link below for more information:

Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Northern Territory
Queensland
South Australia
Tasmania
Victoria
Western Australia

Where can I find more information on the seniors card for my state or territory?​

We’ve got a helpful forum article for each state or territory. Click on the relevant link below to take a closer look:

Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Northern Territory
Queensland
South Australia
Tasmania
Victoria
Western Australia

We’ve done our best to answer some of your most commonly asked questions, but if you still need clarification on anything, feel free to comment below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Please put me on the daily subscription - I have only been getting my copy on Sunday’s but wish to have one each day. Thankyou

Reactions: Jarred Santos